July 25, 2014 | 1804 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

I need to say I love this! Cute packing and easy for traveling! Have all necessary eyeshadow colour for me, and the pigmentation of most colours work well, it is ok for a drugstore eyeshadow palette.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Liz318

This is the first time I ever returned makeup. Awful pigmentation!! I couldn't see the eyeshadow when I applied it! I tried every primer I owned... It wouldn't show up at all. Don't waste your money on this pallet!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't let the cute packaging fool you this palette is dreadful!!!! The colors have absolutely no pigment whatsoever and don't show up at all!!! These colors are so sheer to the point that they are practically invisible and even with a good base they still don't show up! In fact they are so sheer and colorless that all the colors end up looking identical, even the darker ones, absolutely no color payoff at all! I have 99 cent palettes that are waaaayyyy more pigmented then this one and this Physicians Formula palette was rather pricey for a drug store palette. Needless to say I am very disappointed!!! I will not be repurchasing this nor would i recommend it to anyone! Don't waste your money!!! The only silver lining to this is I bought this at Rite Aid and they let you return makeup so you best believe this one is getting returned!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

These are not that pigmented and you have to really use a lot or use them wet to get the effect you want. They wear off fairly quickly and need a primer. All the colors look the same when they are on and blend into each other.

I would not call this a dupe for the Naked Palette if anyone is wondering. I heard it was long ago but its not. It's very shimmery and metallic. It has fallout and don't think this is worth the $12.99 it costs. The strips are way too close to one another for application.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- this is like a mini-version of the Naked palette
-- they both have the same concept

Cons:
- they crease after a few hours
-- even with primer
-- for reference, I have extremely oily Asian/hooded eyelids
- there are no matte shades
-- there are only metallic/shimmer shades

I might have would this well only if I didn't have hooded eyelids. MIGHT. After using this, I have realized that I do NOT like metallic/"shimmery" shades. Since there are no matte shades, I cannot use this palette AT ALL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

the packaging is okay ,but really you're not getting much of each color. none of the colors really stuck that well. Even when I use a primer before hand it didn't stick or stay very dark. It creased pretty badly. I was very disappointed in this product . I have it in the nude and also in a purple. neither one really satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by PositiveRadiance1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

You need to use primer for these shadows so they stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by akarianhuntress

I bought this because I needed a nice nude coloured palette with shimmers in it. I bought this online thinking it would be quite nice and a decent 'dupe' for the Naked Palette.
When I got it I was surprised at how small it was. It's only a bit longer than my hand, and my hand is pretty small. I did think the packaging was very cute, however the lid flips open horizontally, which is a little inconvenient.
The palette comes in 12 neutrals, all shimmer as it is called, The shadows themselves are quite hard, almost in a baked consistency. It's a little bit hard to get the shadows to come off - you'll need to rub your brush over them a couple of times to get the product onto the brush.
However, the colours and pay-off is really nice. They don't have any fall out and they give a soft metallic finish to the skin.
I love the lightest cream shade which makes for a great highlight. The gold colour doesn't really show up as gold, but instead a light golden champagne. The pink colour shows up more like a cool white rather than a pink. Most the shades are quite nice except for the black which isn't shimmery and isn't very pigmented.
All in all I enjoyed this product for the price I paid for it. I won't be repurchasing, but I definitely won't be running out any time soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by coffeeandcream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a dissapointment! I have 3 other shimmer strips (the ones in the clear, hard plastic case). I've liked them and when I saw this "nude" palette, along with the cute packaging, I wanted to have it.

Well I don't know what happened with the quality between the clear plastic ones and this one, but the eyeshadow quality is really poor on these. They are hard and chalky. Very poor pigment and staying power. I do not have this issue with the other shimmer strips. Really bummed because the colors on this are really nice for my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

The reason I bought this e/s palette was solely because of its packaging because its so darn cute! Some reviewers said that the pigmentation is so sheer that the lighter shades looks the same. But personally on me I can tell the difference. Maybe because I always wear eye primer underneath,I use the ELF $1 eye primer and the color shows up on my lids. If you still have problem with the colors not showing up you can try to wet the sponge applicator. I don't regret purchasing this but I won't buy another one just because I have other neutral palettes I have to go through.