Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

When I picked this up at the store I thought the colors were absolutely gorgeous and didn't look too shimmery, but when I tried it on I was really disappointed. Way too shimmery for my aging eyes, and I really didn't like how thin the strips were. Not easy to work with! The colors are still very pretty, and compliment my brown eyes and tanned complexion, so I'd say it would be a great palette for younger women who can get away with shimmery eyes!

on 3/24/2015 4:27:00 PM

NUDE PALLET! That should say enuff. This may not be the nude for you. But since it is only like 12$ retail. U may have an acquaintance that has it to barrow. Do I love this pallet? Simple answer yes. Lots of looks to create in one pallet. The only pet peeve is thst the stripes are so small and there are no dividers so the colors will run together if you use a standard fluffy eye brush. (I'd rather do my own blending please). Enjoy the colors that work for you even of the entire pallet is not your style.

on 1/10/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

On my NC42 skin:
I don't find this as bad as some have reviewed. True it's not that pigmented and it's no way a dupe for any of the Naked palettes. Put on plain as it, it only shows as shimmer on me. I was able to improve it by mixing some cream highlighter with a primer and applying that to my lids before brushing on the shadows. I did have to do at least two layers but it works. I like the colors and they were easy to blend.

The packaging is cute but it seems to flimsy to carry around in your purse because the magnetic latch is so weak. The strips are tiny so you can,t use fluffy shadow brushes. I used smaller angles shadow brushes and it worked perfectly. I didn't smear the colors together.

I think this is a perfect palette for lighter girls. If you're darker like me, be prepared to use lightened primer and layer. I'm ok with it since I was able to buy it buy one get one free and it's perfect for that casual bronze shimmer look. Still, I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/30/2014 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Classic Nude shimmer strips sat in my makeup drawer for well- too long. I tried using it once, put it away, but I have seen the light somehow.

So I originally stayed away from this because the colors looked so light on my skin- hardly pigmented. However with building these colors can look gorgeous and are really blendable which I was very impressed by. Admittedly I use the darker half of the palette more often and rarely touch the lighter side for a reason, but the darker colors have good payoff and look like your natural self but a bit enhanced.

I'd only recommend this to pale girls, really, because the pigmentation isn't amazing. It's a very "okay" product but the shadow blendable-ness made it worth using for me. However I definitely won't repurchase- I'd be better off buying a Naked 2 with similar shade range and better pigmentation (for considerably more money).

on 11/26/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first when I bought this palette, I didn't think much of it. Except that, it was inexpensive, packaged nicely and that it's 'customized' for brown eyes. I have Urban Decay's Naked Palette 2, but I don't really use it because I don't know really how to use it with all the different shades.

After about a month of the Physician palette lying around in my room, I decided to start using it. After about 2 months of using the palette, starting from just using the white shade to highlight, I expanded to doing a lot more with this palette in such a short time span, compared to my Naked 2 palette which I've used scarcely but had a lot longer.

As someone practical and trying to maximize what I have, I started to use the dark brown shade to fill in my brows until I dyed my hair black so I use the black shade. I then began to use the more of the other shades to bring more colour to my lids, more of the 'pinkish' colours than the grays, though.

I have medium coloured skin, but I /think/ it's because the shades are shimmery that it made the colour popped on my skin even more. I also have oily lids and I was happily surprised that during the end of the day, the colour still stuck on (I apply makeup around 10am and take it off around 9-10pm). It's also a plus that the shades still stick on even without a eye primer which I've never used before.

Sure, the shades are sheer but I highly recommend this palette to whoever wants to start using eyeshadow regardless, as the sheerness can help if you just want to have a subtle shade of colour to your eyes.

on 10/17/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Cute packaging, but that's where it ends. Colour payoff is terrible; despite the nice selection of shades, they just do not show up enough on my lids although using primer before the shadows seems to help somewhat. I gave this palette away as I can't handle the frustration of dipping my brush again and again in the product, especially in the morning when I need to get ready quickly.

on 10/8/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

hardly pigmented. you barely have colors on your brushes.

on 9/17/2014 6:56:00 PM

This palette is exactly what I was looking for! This palette will give you a very soft, shimmery look that is perfect for casual days when you don't need a full-on smoky eye. There are a few downsides with it that have already been mentioned here, but overall I think it's a very good product! Plus, have you seen the packaging??? I'd buy it again for that alone.

on 9/9/2014 6:21:00 PM

i mostly bought this product cause the packaging is super cute, also i like the fact that its organic makeup. but before i put it on i read the reviews for it and most girls said that they didn't like it & that it could hardly show up on their skin. so i decided to put it to the test for myself and i think the eyeshadow works great, this is my new favourite eyeshadow! but i do have to wear a primer underneath it. i love it cause it doesn't create a really heavy look, its great for a soft smokey eye which i love, its great for day time too, and the colors are really pretty. i think its a total score :)

on 8/26/2014 7:00:00 PM

I was an avid user of the original baked trio, which I still reminisce about. I went to the store to try and pick another one up but for some reason I can't find it anywhere...I'm not sure if it's discontinued or if I just can't get it in my area anymore. So I decided to try this on a whim because the trio made me so ridiculously happy. Mistake. I use a lot of PF products, because generally I think they make excellent products for a decent price that is in between drug store price and prestige price. I had seen this a few times and thought about trying it so I finally decided to give it a go and almost immediately regretted it. I hate, hate, HATE that there is zero division between the strips. That is so obnoxious. And the strips are so tiny that it's hard to get the brush in there and get a decent amount of the pigment that you are aiming for. Once you finally get a substantial amount of product on the brush, it looks like crap once you get it on your eye. Bad, bad, bad pigmentation and not rich in color at all. This is not the worse eye shadow I have ever used (I'm a general hater of everything CoverGirl-by far the worst products out there as far as I'm concerned..only saving grace is the lash blast which is okay), so that's why I left a few lippies on. But I will not be using this palette up and it will lay at the bottom of my makeup bin until I decide to do something with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials