September 1, 2014 | 1922 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by aberg1991

I was an avid user of the original baked trio, which I still reminisce about. I went to the store to try and pick another one up but for some reason I can't find it anywhere...I'm not sure if it's discontinued or if I just can't get it in my area anymore. So I decided to try this on a whim because the trio made me so ridiculously happy. Mistake. I use a lot of PF products, because generally I think they make excellent products for a decent price that is in between drug store price and prestige price. I had seen this a few times and thought about trying it so I finally decided to give it a go and almost immediately regretted it. I hate, hate, HATE that there is zero division between the strips. That is so obnoxious. And the strips are so tiny that it's hard to get the brush in there and get a decent amount of the pigment that you are aiming for. Once you finally get a substantial amount of product on the brush, it looks like crap once you get it on your eye. Bad, bad, bad pigmentation and not rich in color at all. This is not the worse eye shadow I have ever used (I'm a general hater of everything CoverGirl-by far the worst products out there as far as I'm concerned..only saving grace is the lash blast which is okay), so that's why I left a few lippies on. But I will not be using this palette up and it will lay at the bottom of my makeup bin until I decide to do something with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by SWilisons

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand the outer packaging is lovely (I love the lace) and the colors showed up fine on me with primer (I always use primer, so I don't know what they would look like without it). However, I HATE the fact that there is no division between the strips. It's basically impossible to get just one color on the brush. I got this at Ulta for 40% off so I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. If they would just make it so the strips don't spill into each other I think it would be great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

I need to say I love this! Cute packing and easy for traveling! Have all necessary eyeshadow colour for me, and the pigmentation of most colours work well, it is ok for a drugstore eyeshadow palette.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Liz318

This is the first time I ever returned makeup. Awful pigmentation!! I couldn't see the eyeshadow when I applied it! I tried every primer I owned... It wouldn't show up at all. Don't waste your money on this pallet!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't let the cute packaging fool you this palette is dreadful!!!! The colors have absolutely no pigment whatsoever and don't show up at all!!! These colors are so sheer to the point that they are practically invisible and even with a good base they still don't show up! In fact they are so sheer and colorless that all the colors end up looking identical, even the darker ones, absolutely no color payoff at all! I have 99 cent palettes that are waaaayyyy more pigmented then this one and this Physicians Formula palette was rather pricey for a drug store palette. Needless to say I am very disappointed!!! I will not be repurchasing this nor would i recommend it to anyone! Don't waste your money!!! The only silver lining to this is I bought this at Rite Aid and they let you return makeup so you best believe this one is getting returned!!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

These are not that pigmented and you have to really use a lot or use them wet to get the effect you want. They wear off fairly quickly and need a primer. All the colors look the same when they are on and blend into each other.

I would not call this a dupe for the Naked Palette if anyone is wondering. I heard it was long ago but its not. It's very shimmery and metallic. It has fallout and don't think this is worth the $12.99 it costs. The strips are way too close to one another for application.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- this is like a mini-version of the Naked palette
-- they both have the same concept

Cons:
- they crease after a few hours
-- even with primer
-- for reference, I have extremely oily Asian/hooded eyelids
- there are no matte shades
-- there are only metallic/shimmer shades

I might have would this well only if I didn't have hooded eyelids. MIGHT. After using this, I have realized that I do NOT like metallic/"shimmery" shades. Since there are no matte shades, I cannot use this palette AT ALL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

the packaging is okay ,but really you're not getting much of each color. none of the colors really stuck that well. Even when I use a primer before hand it didn't stick or stay very dark. It creased pretty badly. I was very disappointed in this product . I have it in the nude and also in a purple. neither one really satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by PositiveRadiance1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

You need to use primer for these shadows so they stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by akarianhuntress

I bought this because I needed a nice nude coloured palette with shimmers in it. I bought this online thinking it would be quite nice and a decent 'dupe' for the Naked Palette.
When I got it I was surprised at how small it was. It's only a bit longer than my hand, and my hand is pretty small. I did think the packaging was very cute, however the lid flips open horizontally, which is a little inconvenient.
The palette comes in 12 neutrals, all shimmer as it is called, The shadows themselves are quite hard, almost in a baked consistency. It's a little bit hard to get the shadows to come off - you'll need to rub your brush over them a couple of times to get the product onto the brush.
However, the colours and pay-off is really nice. They don't have any fall out and they give a soft metallic finish to the skin.
I love the lightest cream shade which makes for a great highlight. The gold colour doesn't really show up as gold, but instead a light golden champagne. The pink colour shows up more like a cool white rather than a pink. Most the shades are quite nice except for the black which isn't shimmery and isn't very pigmented.
All in all I enjoyed this product for the price I paid for it. I won't be repurchasing, but I definitely won't be running out any time soon.