October 22, 2014 | 1964 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Super Stay 14 Hr

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have one of these lippies in the color Infinite Iris (080), which is a medium rosey plum with silver shimmer. The color is very flattering on me, I think it would look nice on pretty much any skin tone. I don't care for the silver shimmer in it though, and when the lipstick wears off the shimmer remains which looks odd. The formula itself is ok, obviously it is going to be a bit drying since it is a long wearing product. It does have a strong, distinctive sort of fruit punch scent which lingers on the lips. I don't dislike it, but it is noticeable and might bother some people. My main complaint is that this in no way lasts 14 hours. Even if I apply it very deliberately and let it set (like you are supposed to with long wear lipsticks) it usually lasts 6 hours at the most. Still not bad lasting power for me (most lip products fade on me within an hour) but it might be disappointing if you expect a full day of wear out of this product. I will probably continue to use this up, but I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore from this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by classymum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just purchased the color Ravishing Rouge and I have to say the color is phenomenal. I absolutely love it. This is a super sexy red...it just makes you feel glamorous and it looks beautiful against the skin. It does not last for 14 hours and it leaves a stain every time you take a drink...so do not expect it to be lasting. You could probably apply a layer of powder and then reapply several times to get a good stain on your lips and then it might last longer. Whatever the negatives, for me, the color trumps everything b/c it is so gorgeous. I will definitely be buying several more tubes of this just in case Maybelline discontinues it...but I hope they don't. One of the most beautiful, stunning reds out there!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

These are comfortable long-wearing lipsticks that are semi-matte. I don't find they wear 14 hours though. They last about 6 hours on me with drinking etc. They can become somewhat drying after that and they leave a stain sorta.

I would stick with the intense colors in this line and skip the lights because I felt the lights wore off faster and looked dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like some of these better than some of my MAC lipsticks. They dont stay on 14 hours, at least for me. But I'm getting a pretty good 9 hour day out of them. I only gave their packaging 3 lippys because the caps tend to get loose.

If you are getting a cakey/ chalky look when you are applying try tapping the color to your lips rather than dragging the color against your lips. It's not a buttery smooth consistency like most lipsticks. I've found tapping gives me a better application as well as color pay off.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by PandaMoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the review below, first of all. However, I have this product 4/5 lipsticks because I LOVED everything about it expect for one thing: it's gritty. I purchased the mauve followed by iris, coral and then crimson. The reason I kept buying them is because I can NOT go wrong with these shades. They're all super flattering against my skin tone. I love the finish as well, it's not super shiny or slippery but more towards a matte with a slight sheen - even if that sheen was coming from the shimmer in the color. It lasts quite a bit too. If you let it be, it can last throughout the day but obviously if your mouth has an active day, it might fade. Despite the grittiness, I can't help the fact that the colors are just gorgeous and I might buy a couple more. Smells good too, not the typical waxy, animal fat scent most have.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by BelleWoods

I'm not going to bother talking about the colour options here... My experiences with this lipstick weren't particularly pleasant. Firstly, I don't like the texture; it's grainy, gritty, dry, and contains lumps of glitter that are too large for my liking. That aside, the product stays on reasonably well, although it rubs off unevenly, starting in a circle around the inside of my lips. However, I found it mildly difficult to apply, due to the fact that the product is rather dry, but if you put on a balm first, it doesn't go on evenly. This lipstick is also rather drying, so I wouldn't use it for everyday wear. But if you're looking for a lipstick that stays on and you don't have really dry lips, and a bit of glitter doesn't bother you, I'd recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my second time buying this lipstick in 050 Ceaseless Caramel. It is the loveliest nude with a bit of punch on my nc43 skin tone. I usually do not have dry lips so this goes on nice, smooth, matte (hint of sparkle). It does stay on until I have a meal. About 8 hours maybe. Coverage is great. Packaging is tricky. The cap does not stay on as well sometimes. I want to try chestnut or plum colors next time. But the caramel color is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ilovewriting22

I have this in 055 Keep Me Coral and I love it. It is a natural pinkish-redish-mauvy color with gold sparkles.

PROS
Its lasts long
Stays on when eating/drinking
Pretty colors
Easy to apply due to teardrop shape
Small-ish tube

CONS
Kinda dry
If you have chapped lips, they are enhanced

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by gsalazar82

Definitely an underrated drugstore lipstick. I have 3 of these and I love each one of them. These are full coverage lip colors and are very long wearing. I hate reapplying lipstick and rarely have to with these. Yes, they're drying but nothing a little lip balm can't prevent and not as drying as other long wearing lip colors. I wish there were more shades!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am reviewing 065 Ravishing Rouge. Bought it about 2 years back. I don't reach for it at all and it is going in the trash. I bought another shade from this line which I really like, so the formulation differs from my experience from shade to shade.

Pros:
-The color: a nice deep red which I do like.
- Smells really fruity.

Cons-
- It has gritty red sparkles, that look weird
- It is unbearably sticky after application, I wiped it off after the first five minutes.
- I just don't like it, don't waste your money on this shade!