December 22, 2014 | 1014 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Super Stay 14 Hr

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

I purchased this in Keep me Coral. It's not really a coral shade, more like a peachy terracotta. It looks fantastic with my light olive skin and I find I'm wearing it a great deal. I notice that many other reviewers are saying that some of the colors look shimmery or have glitter in them. Keep me Coral definitely does not. Neither the test that I tried, or the tube I bought have any glitter or frost.

I love the fact that there is no top coat, the pointed tip makes getting a good outline easy, and I really don't have to use a lip liner with this shade because it's not too dark.

All long wear lippies can be drying. I use a lip balm first, apply the rest of my makeup, wipe off any lip balm that has not absorbed and then apply. It is annoyingly tacky in texture for a couple of minutes (even if I have not used lip balm before hand) but it soon dries to a fairly low sheen but not totally matte finish. This is a good thing, because at 51, I really don't look that good in seriously matte lippies.

The downside is the stinky fragrance. Makeup should never be fragranced, there's just no need for it. However I like the color so much I'll overlook it.

Lasting power on me is 4 hours if I'm eating or drinking, 6 if not. I never expected it to last 14 hours so I'm fine with that. When it begins to wear off, instead of touching up your lips, remove completely (comes off easily with a tissue) and apply a fresh coat. If you touch up the first coat when it wears off, you will end up with a cakey, uneven finish that will show up any dry patches or flakes on your lips.

Two thumbs up - I just wish there were more colors in the range that I liked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by salhon

This is wonderful! A little drying. Goes on matte and lasts a long time (not 14 hours, but doesn't come off easily). Just make sure your lips are moisturized and exfoliated, and don't expect it to actually last 14 hours (especially if you eat greasy foods!). It can be a little drying. I have it in a taupe shade and plan to try other colors. Since it is drying, I think I will stick to the lighter shades. The darker shades tend to look better when the lipstick is moister.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by YuraK

I have this in 055 Keep Me Coral, because I adore anything Coral or Peach.

I do like this lipstick, and I don't know if it stays on for 14hours, but staying power was okay.
The color is prettier on the lip than it is in stick form. I had a friend watch me put it on and exclaim: "It's so much better on!" At first glance, Keep Me Coral can look a bit drab, but it goes on brighter and somehow more natural. I like the color, even with the slight shimmer.

I did not like the smell however (somewhat greasy), and the lippy made my lips a bit dry, so I always balm up my lips prior to applying, or I put on clear lipgloss afterwards.

All in all, it was not the best product ever, but it made the list for my on-the-go pouch lippies.
I carry around 1 lipgloss, 1 tint, 1 lip balm and 2 lipsticks (along with a small blush, stick concealer and liquid eyeliner), and this was one of the lipsticks.

I would probably not buy the same color, but I would like to try a new color from this line.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

wore off embarrassingly with left behind glitter and a line of gunk on my inner lip. it never even got a second chance.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip color really has nothing going for it. It's drying, smells like Play- Doh and has bits of glittery material in it. I like satin and matte finishes to my lipsticks and why there isn't but one in the lot is beyond me. It's funny that L'OREAL and Maybelline lipsticks smell the same since L'OREAL bought Maybelline or maybe not. Hmmm. This could and should have been a better product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This might be my favorite lipstick line. I have Ravishing Rouge (perfect non-crazy clown lady red for me), Eternal Rose (I get compliments on this), Perpetual Peony (a mod good every day pink). It's not drying , it really does stay on, doesn't smell bad. Having color on my lips makes a huge difference. I can be too lazy to reapply so something long lasting is perfect. And these 3 shades are great. Ravishing Rouge is the only red lipstick I need anymore. If I could find the perfect coral and nude I'd be set. I had a coral but it was more ginger/brown with gold glitter ! Till Mauve Do Us Part is a bit too purple to be nude for me. I also have Pout On Pink. It's too frosty/shimmery for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have one of these lippies in the color Infinite Iris (080), which is a medium rosey plum with silver shimmer. The color is very flattering on me, I think it would look nice on pretty much any skin tone. I don't care for the silver shimmer in it though, and when the lipstick wears off the shimmer remains which looks odd. The formula itself is ok, obviously it is going to be a bit drying since it is a long wearing product. It does have a strong, distinctive sort of fruit punch scent which lingers on the lips. I don't dislike it, but it is noticeable and might bother some people. My main complaint is that this in no way lasts 14 hours. Even if I apply it very deliberately and let it set (like you are supposed to with long wear lipsticks) it usually lasts 6 hours at the most. Still not bad lasting power for me (most lip products fade on me within an hour) but it might be disappointing if you expect a full day of wear out of this product. I will probably continue to use this up, but I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore from this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by classymum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just purchased the color Ravishing Rouge and I have to say the color is phenomenal. I absolutely love it. This is a super sexy red...it just makes you feel glamorous and it looks beautiful against the skin. It does not last for 14 hours and it leaves a stain every time you take a drink...so do not expect it to be lasting. You could probably apply a layer of powder and then reapply several times to get a good stain on your lips and then it might last longer. Whatever the negatives, for me, the color trumps everything b/c it is so gorgeous. I will definitely be buying several more tubes of this just in case Maybelline discontinues it...but I hope they don't. One of the most beautiful, stunning reds out there!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

These are comfortable long-wearing lipsticks that are semi-matte. I don't find they wear 14 hours though. They last about 6 hours on me with drinking etc. They can become somewhat drying after that and they leave a stain sorta.

I would stick with the intense colors in this line and skip the lights because I felt the lights wore off faster and looked dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like some of these better than some of my MAC lipsticks. They dont stay on 14 hours, at least for me. But I'm getting a pretty good 9 hour day out of them. I only gave their packaging 3 lippys because the caps tend to get loose.

If you are getting a cakey/ chalky look when you are applying try tapping the color to your lips rather than dragging the color against your lips. It's not a buttery smooth consistency like most lipsticks. I've found tapping gives me a better application as well as color pay off.