August 22, 2014 | 1992 users online

Cleansers - Sephora - Supreme Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by rachelang88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was encouraged to use this as it is said to have a very similar ingredient list as the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, which I equated to the same or at least similar performance. Boy was I wrong!!!!! This is nothing like the Shu Uemura cleansing oil. As soon as it hit my face, it became milky white and sticky and gooey mess! gross! It was also very difficult to remove whereas Shu would just rinse right off. Will never use this again, I will give away the bottle. What a waste of money. I'm sticking to the real mccoy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been a faithful user of MAC cleansing oil for years and decided to try this one because of the low price. I hate it. It is very thick and hard to spread around when you wet it. Then it takes forever to rinse off. I would have to post clean with another traditional cleanser and follow with a toner and my face still felt like a film was on it. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by emoore03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleansing oil. It removes every trace of makeup, even long wearing stuff like ELDW , and waterproof mascara. It is messy and you do have to rinse for a while, and as someone else said, I do get blurry eyes for about 30 seconds afterwards, but frankly its a small price to pay. I have tried more expensive brands like Shu Uemura, and not only find the ingredient list of this to be almost identical, but think the performance of Sephora's oil is just as good, if not better than the expensive brands, but significantly cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by klskag02

In all honesty, you might as well run to the drugstore and buy a big bottle of mineral oil for $2 and its initially the same thing. Mineral oil is the first and prominent ingredient in this product.
*cringe* This oil is thick and actually does a good job of removing makeup. It removed all my long-wear foundation, and my mascara but left my eyes extremely blurry from the mineral oil. I had to rinse out my eye balls before I could actually see. I feel like this is just a makeup remover, not a "cleansing oil" because theres nothing cleansing about the ingredients. Once you rinse it off you have to then go in with another heavy duty cleanser to remove the oily feeling on your skin. Which is fine, if you're looking for a good makeup remover and not a one-stop-shop oil! This also irritated my eyes and left my skin pretty oily. I also noticed my pores getting clogged. Dont waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not sure why this got medium reviews. It is the perfect makeup remover! I literally struggled with makeup removers I am not satisfied by the "milk" type or the "water" type because the first ones don't remove well and leave a greasy feeling and the water ones don't remove well the stubborn gel eyeliner plus they irritate my eyeballs and dry my eye area which is not good. I also don't enjoy the oil makeup removers but I saw a youtuber raving about this and she has very dry skin like me so I said what the heck, let's try it.
It is amazing! Takes out the mascara no matter now many tons of it I put on (lol) and the gel liner that all the other products couldn't.
And I know people talk about the Mac equivalent but I find this as good if not better and it's much cheaper.
It doesn't leave a slightly oily feel after you rinse it but let's get real it's an oil cleanser. Love it. Holy grail product~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used other cleansing oils for about 10 years. I love how this product just melts off your makeup at the end of the day. Scent is fresh and mild. Rinses off easily, but you must follow with soap/cleanser of choice afterwards. I have acne prone skin, and this product does not cause break outs. My only concern is mineral oil is the carrier oil. If in a pinch I will purchase again if my usual cleansing oil is out of stock.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a shame. I'm going to have to return this, and I wanted to love it so badly.

I was hoping this might work as well as the MAC Cleanse Off Oil at a lower price point, but you can't even compare the two. I was initially happy when I saw that the Sephora cleansing oil turns into a thick lather, and once I added water, I could see it really breaking down my makeup, including my longwearing foundations and waterproof mascara. The dealbreaker issue is that, unlike the MAC one which absolutely washes clean off your face without a hint of oily residue remaining, this one *will not* come off. It's horrible- you wash and wash and wash with water, and you still feel this very obvious layer of oil sitting on your face. The only way I could kind of make this work for me is to use a small face towel as a washcloth, wet it and force this stuff off my face, and then get the remaining oil off with a separate cleanser. There is no way I'm sleeping with a layer of oil sitting on my face- that's a breakout waiting to happen.

If you're looking for a great oil cleanser at a better (though still expensive) price, you won't find it here unfortunately.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ginaold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Boscia Make-Up Break-Up Cleansing Oil for years and I love it. Easy to use and works well at removing all of my makeup. I thought I would try the Sephora brand of cleansing oil because it is less expensive ($14 compared to Boscia at $26). It is way to thin and runny. On the opposite spectrum of Josie Maran (really thick). It also contains mineral oil which most people like to avoid. I still gave it 3 "stars" because it did remove all of my makeup and rinsed off okay. And the pump on it is very handy. I did return it though and bought my beloved Boscia. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. It is a bit hard to remove, but you have to actually add a good deal of water and turn it into a "lotion" to emulsify it, and then it is easier to rinse off. I like to follow up with my Aveeno Clear Complexion foaming cleanser, and once I've rinsed that, my skin looks wonderful. This literally melts makeup off of my face, and I like it much better than cleansing cloths. Plus, all you need is one pump, so I see this stuff lasting me quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my second bottle of this. I am devoted to oil cleansers. My all-time fave is DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. I don't love this as much, but considering it's a good $10 cheaper for more or less the same size, and that I am on a tight budget ... Unlike DHC's, this has to be emulsified before the final rinse. No prob for me because I wouldn't DREAM of going to bed until my skin is squeaky-clean so I always wash my face with a mild cleanser (a scrub twice a week) after removing my MU (thanks to that I didn't have any ghastly "purge" problems when I went on Trentoid treatment). I'm pleased with this prod and I would recommend it.