Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 8/19/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My absolute favourite eyeliner it was the very first one I ever got and looked it from day one. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore and I'm heartbroken. It does however smudge if applied to the tight line and water line but other than that it has never faulted me. I did try the stila stay all day liner and I can safely say it didn't even compare to the essence one.

on 8/17/2015 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely a great product for the price tag. Glide on easily, just use a nice fine tip brush for it, and screw the cap tight to prevent drying quick.

on 8/14/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This stuff is wonderful. My HG of gel liners and it's so affordable! It looks beautiful, stays all day with or without primer, doesn't fade or smudge, and can be used for a nice subtle line or a super dramatic cat eye. Love, love, love this stuff.

on 7/6/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm about 90% sure that I got a dud, because the product I bought does not match the descriptions of everyone else's products. When I bought mine, it was unsealed, so maybe that's why it was dry, greyish, cracking, and extremely difficult to apply. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes, and it does last a long time once I've managed to get it on. It's also really cheap, so cheap that it's worth checking out even if I'm wrong about having bought a dud. If you live in Canada and you're buying your products from Shoppers Drug Mart, I would suggest making sure the seal on the product isn't broken.

on 4/23/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing. Very creamy and very pigmented. Does not irritate the eyes.

on 4/13/2015 2:10:00 PM

Slightly dupe for MAC's gel liner, it can be applied easily and a great pigmented color. But it does flake and smudge a little bit, there was a time where I looked like a panda (maybe it was the humid weather). But it is still recommendable and liked it!

Gel eyeliners are tricky. Some look black as night in the packaging, but apply gray, they are too dry, or dry up too quickly, they aren't smooth enough while applying, leaving that skipped line we all despise. They don't work well with my oily lids. They are too expensive. The list goes on and on. That why so many people end up spending a fortune on gel eyeliners (Thank goodness for MakeupAlley!)
I would use ink, but in my opinion, they just don't give me that that dense black look, like a good gel eyeliner does.

This product gets it DONE. It's incredibly inexpensive, the color payoff is black as night, and it's buttery smooth. I love how easily it spreads, and my line is super crisp and perfecto. It takes very little product to get a great cateye, and I also use it for tight lining. It also helps that I use MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre to to keep my oily lids in check, and it does a great job of making the black pop. All in all, this product meets my high standards, and since you need so little for a look, It will last me for quite some time. I can't find anything about this product I don't like. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I highly recommend all those who haven't found their niche gel eyeliner to give this a go.

on 3/20/2015 7:41:00 PM

I'm on my third tub of this and like it much better than a lot of pricier brands. It is rich intense black and stays on all day for me even without a primer and doesn't irritate my eyes. Like many gels, I do find that this dries out before I get halfway done with the jar. I apply my gels with a blunted toothpick so I just swirl it around in there occasionally and keep a piece of Saran wrap closed between the jar and lid. That seems to be helping it stay fresh so I can use the whole thing.

on 2/20/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had to wipe off smudges twice in the day because I used this to tightline my eyes, it's not a big deal...but,
I am using this in opposition to stay all day stila eyeliner. You get what you pay for, I should've penny saved for something that works, my bad. On the flip side, the staying power is way better than Elf gel liner. I'll use this until I can't anymore but that's it.

on 2/16/2015 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Why does this happen? I wonder if the pot I got was a fault or something, because it is chunky, dry, and flakes together! will be chucking it out asap.

Top Rated Essence Products