October 1, 2014 | 927 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Matte Lipstick - Indie Flick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by GeniaDeanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE Nyx lipsticks! The only other lipstick I will purchase besides MAC. I use to love Wet n Wild for their reasonably priced lip colors, but now I'm in love with Nyx because they have such a bigger selection and awesome quality. I've tossed all my other lipsticks. And this Indie Flick with MAC sensational liner is statement making. I get compliments and people inquiring about it all the time.. It's a little drying, but what do you expect from a matte lipstick? Do a lip exfoliate and moisture and keep it moving! Must have for me! Definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I bought this three days ago, and I have not touched another lipstick since! It's a great, bright-orangey red, reminiscent of the '40s, and is definitely not for the faint of heart. It's really a great colour -- this is my second lipstick from this line, and while I really love the colour of this one and my other one (Alabama), I am really more impressed by the formula of these lipsticks -- they are highly pigmented, very matte, and they have great staying power. How often is it that you can find a drugstore red lipstick that you can wear through a meal and come out looking fine? As everyone else has said, it's also a great dupe for MAC Lady Danger.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by joaniees

Practically the same matte color as MAC's Lady Danger! I love the color payoff and how it stays true to the color you see in the tube. HIGHLY pigmented, so it's more suited for those who like going for a bold lip look. I will say that it can be a bit drying, although it felt creamier when first applying it on (in comparison to Lady Danger, which applies on dry). It would be best to apply Indie Flick on lips that are moisturized so that it goes on smoothly and when lips are exfoliated to avoid having any lines or dry, flaky skin on the lips exposed. Overall, I would say this is completely worth it, especially if you're looking for a less pricey version of the MAC Lady Danger

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by fiestasteph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

this color is amazing, goes on creamy and smooth even though it's a matte lipstick, and stays on forever. i love the entire line of nyx matte lipsticks and have a lot of colors, but this one stands out--it's not for everyone as the color is bright and unique, but i think it's fun and looks amazing with the right outfit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

NYX Matte Lipstick in Indie Flick is a near spot-on dupe for MAC Lady Danger. Both are matte, both are intensely pigmented, both are long-lasting on the lips (but drying).

This shade of red is heavy in the coral and orange undertones, like a classic 1950's blonde/redhead pin-up lipstick shade. No blue undertones at all. It goes on your lips the exact same shade as it appears in the tube. The color is dense and solid.

Although I prefer MAC Lady Danger overall, I think NYX Indie Flick has the upper hand when applied lightly. Indie Flick is not as dry as Lady Danger when first applied so it can be used to create a slightly more sheer coral red look.

Overall, I really like this lipstick. It's a bold color, so you have to wear it with confidence. It's dry because it's matte, so if you can't stand the sensation of a dry lip product then you probably should avoid pure matte finishes in lipsticks all together. You can always counter the drying effect of matte lipsticks by applying a light balm first, but this also undermines the staying power.

I don't feel like there are any compromises being made despite the cheap price, this lipstick comparable to any matte red shade of MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In some days I like this orangey red color on me and in other days I do not. I do not like it worn sharply with liner but more blotted for doll like round mouth. I am fair skinned and I like to think I have yellow undertones. My hair is blond and my eyes are a mixture of green and blue. I dont use this often simply because I prefer to play up my eyes and then dark lipstick is just too aging. This can look young if worn blotted like I do but it can also look professional and sophisticated when worn with a liner. It is matte so YES it will show every crack on your lips. It will also last long and possibly be drying. But it is very pigmented and you cant beat the price. I did not fins the fragrance of these lipsticks detectable at all, at least it is way more subtle than in Estee Lauder and Loreal lipsticks. Generally speakin, I think these are great lipsticks, but form the drugstore lipsticks, Revlon Super Lustrous range is still a winner for me. When its gone, I wont repurchase becuase I just dont love it enough. I would buy Loreal, Revlon or Mac lipstick instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by weakshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this honestly thinking that I would love it. However I have only actually worn it outside the house once in 6 months, as the color is far too garish on my skin - it is so opaque that the color shows up on your lips exactly how it appears in the tube. Often with colors like this, they can appear a bit more harmonious on a person by being a bit sheer and "mixing" with their natural lip color. However this lipstick completely cancels out my (naturally highly pigmented) lips and replaces it with an extremely bright orange-red.
It's definitely a statement for those who like it. I ususally like a statement lip myself, but there is something, as I said, garish about this lipstick on me.
The finish is very matte, as the name suggests. I found it slightly drying but not too bad, and it had good staying power. The texture seemed a bit grainy on my lips - if I look up close, it is not a smooth wash of color, but a bit... mottled? I would say flakey but that's not it, as I moisturized my lips well before application.
I had high hopes for this lipstick but I don't like the color or the finish. I wouldn't buy this again nor another color in this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a bright, bright brick red/coral matte color. It has a sweet smell, lasts all day, doesn't dry out my lips, and doesn't bleed. I apply it straight from the tube when I want to look like a J. Crew catalog model and I layer it over a more subtle mauve when I want to dial down the brightness.

Have some fun in life and get yourself a tube of this!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Peekabooa

Don't buy it it dries up my lips completely, my lips have never been so dry in my life before and i wore lip balm and vaseline every night. such a shame tho it is a nice colour

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

A nice matte orangey red lipstick. I usually love NYX lipsticks so I thought I was going to love this line as well but they are way too dry for my liking. The pigmentation is amazing (maybe even too good because it's hard to apply it evenly) but I really dislike wearing it because although it still looks good it dries out my lips completely. I am wearing it right now and, to be honest, I can't wait to take it off. YSL's Rouge voluptes and WNW's Mega last lipsticks are also matte but a lot more comfortable to wear.
The packaging could be nicer as well, it looks good but once you open it it feels kinda cheap.