July 28, 2014 | 2279 users online

Eyes - L.A. Colors - JUMBO EYE PENCIL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm seriously shocked at how much L.A. Colors has been stepping it up lately. They could be the next Wet 'n' Wild!!!

I have one shade- Seashells. And ladies and gentlemen, this is really the only shade you could ever need. I saw this shade and my mind just went directly to N.Y.X's Milk. Now Milk is definitely not expensive, but literally everyone and their mother is out to buy that shade because of its crazy cult following. So this is an even more inexpensive alternative if you can't find that dumb pencil.

I was excited to find this, and it was so cheap I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't that great, but I was really hoping I'd fall in love with it. Let's just say I was NOT disappointed. This is SO opaque. I mean this looks like you painted your eyes with whiteout, it's that bold of a white.

Works great as a base for eyeshadow, but I strongly suggest using a primer, and maybe even a translucent powder before putting on eyeshadow over it. This may be too many steps for some people, but it is definitely not a deal breaker for me. I use so many different shadows, brushes, and techniques when applying my eye makeup, it's really no big deal to add this extra little step, especially since it really makes all the difference. Sometimes without the translucent powder it can start to crease after a few hours. Like I said, if adding another layer seems too tedious for you, go for another white base, but it isn't a big deal for me. Especially since this shadow stick is so inexpensive and pigmented!

I would recommend this to everyone! I hope this is just the beginning of L.A. Colors venturing out and becoming a bigger, better brand. If the rest of their products to come are this good, I see bright things in their future!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I have seashell in my constant rotation. I like to sharpen pencils like these (also NYX JEPs) w a bigger oversized Rimmel pencil sharpener. It wastes less product. That's how I sharpen my Nars matte lip crayons, just any pencil of that size works better in the bigger sharpener than the sharpeners that have the standard & slightly-bigger-than-standard-pencil hole. Seashell is a basic matte white dupe for NYX JEP Milk; it does tend to melt after a few hours on my extremely oily lids. Cannot beat the price! I picked up a couple other colors (names are escaping me at the moment but Pool Party which is a turquoise is one, but I haven't seriously played w them much!). As somebody whom is a serious white eye shadow collector, this is most def something worth buying. LA Colors is stepping up their game. Their eyeliner pencils are pretty good, their blushes/bronzer, nailpolish, lipstick, & ESP these JEPs are all great esp for the price. I've been budgeting myself more so I am glad that more brands are making affordable ("cheaper") makeup choices so all can afford to get some plus this is a cruelty free company. Yaay!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy cow, I found these at my new Family Dollar for $1.83 each! Every so often you come across a dud that's been opened and broken, but when intact these are amazing. Compare the price to the NYX jumbo eye pencils which retail for $5 at my local CVS. Both are the exact same size, although I feel like the L.A. Colors pencil feels a bit heftier. I have the black shade which is called "Sunglasses" and use it on my lower waterline. I find that it doesn't really have a ton of staying power (but I have allergies, so I'm prone to really wet eyeballs), but neither does my NYX pencil in "Milk". I found that this goes on very smooth, very creamy. It doesn't make my eyes burn. I can build it up if the first pass isn't quite intense enough (here again, juicy eyeballs make it difficult). It lasts on my waterline for a couple of hours before fading, but it's a nice intense black.

I say if you've never used one, give it a try, especially get "Sea Shells" if you're having trouble getting your hands on NYX "Milk". They're cheap, so if you hate it, you aren't out much money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by EmBD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in seashells( white ) instead of the NYX jumbo pencils and was not disappointed!

PROS-
Creamy, Smooth
Opaque
Easy to apply (twist to sharpen)
Good highlighter/eye shadow base to make colours pop

CONS-
Packaging is cheap looking
Moves around easily because so creamy
Doesn't last all day but fairly well.

I would recommend as an alternative to NYX jumbo pencils if you are trying to save moola :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I have only Tryed the white on and I am impressed! Love the way it applys easily very well pigmented and cheap I yet need to try the other colors and it last all day long!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Ryluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I seriously don't see how anyone uses these as pencils. I have 3 of them, and on every single one, the tip will break with even the slightest pressure! I thought maybe I was just using too much pressure, but I have tried over and over again, and no matter what, they are so creamy that they break. I have NYX pencils and they do NOT do this! So it will be worth the little extra for me to get the NYX from now on. I did depot one of them, but that's so tedious to me, and I would really just prefer to use them as pencils.

I still rated it 2 stars because the price is amazing, and I love the 2 colors I got. I got 2 in the Sea Shells and one in a blue color. I don't see the name of the blue on my pencil, maybe I sharpened it off-but I think it may be Pool Party. It's a beautiful blue with glitter. It is perfect for my eyebrows for my Jem costume for Halloween. But unfortunately, I probably won't be purchasing these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by MightyMascara

Omg i have four of these, seashells, tropical breeze (purple), saltwater, and sunglasses (black.)

the saltwater one is pretty much just a glitter pen, which I LOVE.

I love the black it's so thick and creamy when I feel like doing on my entire eyelid for scene eyes.

Tropical breeze isn't as thick as I wanted it to be, but purple eyeshadow fixes that.

and seashells is just like a white primer it's so awesome!!

the jumbo pencil's only fault is it crease's pretty easy, but rubbing your finger over once or twice take care of that. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I am only reviewing on the white (Sea Shells) ... I have hooded eyes and this color applied above my lash line makes my eyes pop! I use a primer, add the Sea Shells, then set it with some translucent powder. I then go in with the Naked/ Naked 2 palettes and do my crease, lining, etc. It stays all day! Yeah, I love it and it's cheap! I actually have UD 24/7 pencils but I always go for the Sea Shells :-) Paid 1.50 for it

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

For those of the high school girls that don't have a million dollars a month to spend on makeup- I love these. I wear the white one every day in my waterline as an eyeliner. These are so pigmented. by far my favorite eyeliner/ eyeshadow pencil of all time- for only 1.50 at my dollar general :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are super pigmented, last long, and are great for wearing alone, as an eyeshadow base, or for lining your eyes.