April 18, 2014 | 1932 users online

Eyes - L.A. Colors - JUMBO EYE PENCIL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I have seashell in my constant rotation. I like to sharpen pencils like these (also NYX JEPs) w a bigger oversized Rimmel pencil sharpener. It wastes less product. That's how I sharpen my Nars matte lip crayons, just any pencil of that size works better in the bigger sharpener than the sharpeners that have the standard & slightly-bigger-than-standard-pencil hole. Seashell is a basic matte white dupe for NYX JEP Milk; it does tend to melt after a few hours on my extremely oily lids. Cannot beat the price! I picked up a couple other colors (names are escaping me at the moment but Pool Party which is a turquoise is one, but I haven't seriously played w them much!). As somebody whom is a serious white eye shadow collector, this is most def something worth buying. LA Colors is stepping up their game. Their eyeliner pencils are pretty good, their blushes/bronzer, nailpolish, lipstick, & ESP these JEPs are all great esp for the price. I've been budgeting myself more so I am glad that more brands are making affordable ("cheaper") makeup choices so all can afford to get some plus this is a cruelty free company. Yaay!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy cow, I found these at my new Family Dollar for $1.83 each! Every so often you come across a dud that's been opened and broken, but when intact these are amazing. Compare the price to the NYX jumbo eye pencils which retail for $5 at my local CVS. Both are the exact same size, although I feel like the L.A. Colors pencil feels a bit heftier. I have the black shade which is called "Sunglasses" and use it on my lower waterline. I find that it doesn't really have a ton of staying power (but I have allergies, so I'm prone to really wet eyeballs), but neither does my NYX pencil in "Milk". I found that this goes on very smooth, very creamy. It doesn't make my eyes burn. I can build it up if the first pass isn't quite intense enough (here again, juicy eyeballs make it difficult). It lasts on my waterline for a couple of hours before fading, but it's a nice intense black.

I say if you've never used one, give it a try, especially get "Sea Shells" if you're having trouble getting your hands on NYX "Milk". They're cheap, so if you hate it, you aren't out much money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by EmBD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in seashells( white ) instead of the NYX jumbo pencils and was not disappointed!

PROS-
Creamy, Smooth
Opaque
Easy to apply (twist to sharpen)
Good highlighter/eye shadow base to make colours pop

CONS-
Packaging is cheap looking
Moves around easily because so creamy
Doesn't last all day but fairly well.

I would recommend as an alternative to NYX jumbo pencils if you are trying to save moola :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I have only Tryed the white on and I am impressed! Love the way it applys easily very well pigmented and cheap I yet need to try the other colors and it last all day long!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Ryluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I seriously don't see how anyone uses these as pencils. I have 3 of them, and on every single one, the tip will break with even the slightest pressure! I thought maybe I was just using too much pressure, but I have tried over and over again, and no matter what, they are so creamy that they break. I have NYX pencils and they do NOT do this! So it will be worth the little extra for me to get the NYX from now on. I did depot one of them, but that's so tedious to me, and I would really just prefer to use them as pencils.

I still rated it 2 stars because the price is amazing, and I love the 2 colors I got. I got 2 in the Sea Shells and one in a blue color. I don't see the name of the blue on my pencil, maybe I sharpened it off-but I think it may be Pool Party. It's a beautiful blue with glitter. It is perfect for my eyebrows for my Jem costume for Halloween. But unfortunately, I probably won't be purchasing these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by MightyMascara

Omg i have four of these, seashells, tropical breeze (purple), saltwater, and sunglasses (black.)

the saltwater one is pretty much just a glitter pen, which I LOVE.

I love the black it's so thick and creamy when I feel like doing on my entire eyelid for scene eyes.

Tropical breeze isn't as thick as I wanted it to be, but purple eyeshadow fixes that.

and seashells is just like a white primer it's so awesome!!

the jumbo pencil's only fault is it crease's pretty easy, but rubbing your finger over once or twice take care of that. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I am only reviewing on the white (Sea Shells) ... I have hooded eyes and this color applied above my lash line makes my eyes pop! I use a primer, add the Sea Shells, then set it with some translucent powder. I then go in with the Naked/ Naked 2 palettes and do my crease, lining, etc. It stays all day! Yeah, I love it and it's cheap! I actually have UD 24/7 pencils but I always go for the Sea Shells :-) Paid 1.50 for it

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

For those of the high school girls that don't have a million dollars a month to spend on makeup- I love these. I wear the white one every day in my waterline as an eyeliner. These are so pigmented. by far my favorite eyeliner/ eyeshadow pencil of all time- for only 1.50 at my dollar general :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are super pigmented, last long, and are great for wearing alone, as an eyeshadow base, or for lining your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by emicakesx

These are AMAZING! I was roaming the dollar store and saw the jumbo pencils. (Note: I use Maybelline cream eyeliner or loreal) I picked up a white for the inner corners of my eyes. It was $1. I got home and immediatly loved it. It is so pigmented and smooth. I lined my eyes with it to see how it would stand up. I have very oily lids, and eyeliner never stays on my waterline. IT DID! WHITE! I obviously went and got the black one. I love these. L.A colors is stepping it up! I will be buying more to pot. (: love love love.