LORAC POREFECTION BAKED PERFECTING POWDER

4.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Salicylic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Bht. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

on 3/15/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product! I bought it on a whim when Sephora was phasing out Lorac. I haven't used any powders since! This powder gives a smooth finish and blurs any imperfections. It it's the best powder I've ever used! The color is spot on for my light-medium yellow skin tone. I also have hyper pigmentation from past acne and am acne prone and this has covered everything without irritating my skin. I will continue to repurchase this!

on 3/8/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder has the consistency and appearance of a mineral powder but actually does blur pores and mattifies the skin. The powder itself looks like Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish powders but the problem with those powders is that it usually leaves me shiny after a couple of hours. This powder is a great version of that but for people with combo/oily skin with visible pores. I paid $32 at Ulta but it has lasted me a good year.

on 3/4/2015 2:26:00 AM

I love this powder! I used to use their tinted moisturizer with SPF--one of the few that doesn't break me out. I just bought this powder and I'm so impressed. It definitely minimizes the appearance of pores without looking like I smeared chalk all over my face. It doesn't make my skin flake, like some powders, and it keeps the oil at bay all day. It's quite natural and perfect for the makeup no makeup look. A new standby product for me.

on 2/26/2015 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love! Love!! Love!!!
1. Really does make you look poreless
2. I use as a setting powder over foundation, OR I will even wear it alone.
3. Does not look dry or powdery
4. NEVER breaks me out
5. LASTS FOREVER ( I have had my compact for over a year)
6. Because it is baked, less chance of it breaking on you
7. Good price

I recommend to anyone. I use it everyday.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know about this stuff MakeupAlley peeps... I just don't know. I recently purchased this product due to the fact that my beloved "Wet to Dry" foundation by Lorac was discontinued; this is going to take some getting used to.

I loved the Wet to Dry because it provided a moderate, yet buildable coverage. In terms of foundation, I prefer a "natrual matte finish/slightly dewey finish", without looking like I scrubbed chalk on my face or looking oily. This stuff defintely has more coverage than I accustomed to; I think the trick is to make sure you apply it correctly (i.e. with a brush or makeup sponge). What I loved most about the old Wet to Dry forumula was that it got BETTER as I gave it time to adjust to the natural oils in my skin; I'm not seeing the same effect with this stuff. I also noticed that I had to purchase this a shade darker than I normally need. Historically I've been a #2 for the Wet to Dry and Translucent powder, but for this product, I needed the #3. However, in typical Lorac fashion, I can say the color match is perfect for my skin.

Sorry, I'm totally reviewing and comparing to the old product that's discontinued. Final verdict at this point- I'm not inlove, but I don't hate it. I'll follow up in a few weeks and let everyone know what I finally decide.

***UPDATE***
A few thoughts:

Moisturizer is a must with this product if you have normal to dry skin; it’s VERY DRYING!
If you have time and want to put forth the effort, a primer is a really good idea (ideally one that’s moisturizing), although I recommend a good primer for everyone, regardless of whether your skin is oily, dry or combo.

Although I’m not “in-love”, I’m beginning to like Porefection better. The trick is NOT to be heavy handed with this stuff unless you want to look as though rubbed chalk all over your face! I use a compact buff (the round disc looking thing) for the initial application and apply it in a quick patting motion all over my face. Then I use a brush to blend it in, always going in a downward motion, then I allow it to “set” and marry up with the natural oils in my skin (it will begin to look more natural in about 20-30 minutes). As a last step I use a light dusting of translucent powder to set. I do find that it has decent staying power throughout the day, however it’s not good for “buildable” coverage throughout the day- the same rules apply. Be gentile with this!

Final Verdict: For anyone who’s on the fence about this product, I recommend prepping your skin first and allowing it to “set” before you decide if you love it or hate it. I’ll be honest, I still don’t think this is my “holy grail”… but I like it enough to use the remainder of the product. If you’re like me and prefer something between a “natural matte/dewy finish”, be light handed with this product, and prep, prep, prep your skin!

on 10/22/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation powder =) Bought my first compact maybe about 8 months ago and have loved it since. I just bought a new one in September, so you can say it really lasted me a while! I use it 5 days a week and love the coverage! I do have acne prone skin and this did not break me out. I use it with wedges and then get a clean brush to even and soften things out after covering my problem spots, which are few. I have had people thing that I don't wear makeup at all. I wear the shade in PF5, covers me very well even during the winter time when I start losing my tan and does not look too orange. I definitely recommend this powder!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only pressed powder of decent quality that has not shattered or crumbled in my cavernous daily tote bag. It has a MIRROR in the compact, the shades are DAMN GOOD, and while it is so finely milled that fallout does happen, it is perfect for setting makeup, blending out harshness, and perfunctory midday touchups. This does not break me out or suffocate me.

I am absolutely in love with this stuff! I do not want to wear a liquid foundation, yet at 37, I definitely need "help". I've tried many powder foundations (all of the popular ones), and this one is by far the best! Exceeded my expectations. I first purchased this when it was half-off at Ulta (the price is steep), and have repurchased since. This powder diminishes pores, helps with shine, and definitely evens out the skin. I do not look made up with this (don't have the ghost-like look)- I just look good. Skin glows a bit. Some days, I don't even need to blot during the workday, and that's NEVER happened with any other powders. I have somewhat sensitive skin that is prone to breaking out, and this does not bother my skin. Also, many powders oxidize on me, and this did not. I am probably an NC-15 in the winter, and I think I used Light/Medium, to get the extra yellow tone. Some sun in the summer, and I'm Medium. I no longer care about the price of this- it's worth it! Applies quickly when using a kabuki, and it tends to last me longer than others have. There is definitely fallout with this, so be careful. I strongly recommend this!

on 6/21/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really, really wanted to like this!

I think this product had good intentions. It includes pore blurring, salicylic acid, oil reducing magic. It just doesn't work that well for my skin.

It oxidizes on my skin and makes me look orangey. I also didn't like the smell, that telltale makeup odor cannot be ignored and I'm usually not one to notice or complain about product aromas. It's pretty hard to find a match so it only works for my forehead. It doesn't feel at all lightweight, but that could be my application skill or lack thereof.

Overall, I wish I could return it!

on 6/2/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love. This. Powder. I don't use it as a finishing powder though. This is my foundation, and I'm just absolutely floored by the coverage and finish. This is my new HG, hands down! It does what it says...blurs the pores and gives a beautiful finish without looking cakey or overdone. Pair this with Lorac's Poreless Primer, and you have perfection!

Recommended for Normal Skin