July 24, 2014 | 2105 users online

Pressed Powders - LORAC - porefection

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by looopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really wanted to like this!

I think this product had good intentions. It includes pore blurring, salicylic acid, oil reducing magic. It just doesn't work that well for my skin.

It oxidizes on my skin and makes me look orangey. I also didn't like the smell, that telltale makeup odor cannot be ignored and I'm usually not one to notice or complain about product aromas. It's pretty hard to find a match so it only works for my forehead. It doesn't feel at all lightweight, but that could be my application skill or lack thereof.

Overall, I wish I could return it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love. This. Powder. I don't use it as a finishing powder though. This is my foundation, and I'm just absolutely floored by the coverage and finish. This is my new HG, hands down! It does what it says...blurs the pores and gives a beautiful finish without looking cakey or overdone. Pair this with Lorac's Poreless Primer, and you have perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by AsianCha

I use this as a finishing powder and I love it. I set it on top of my foundation and it truly does cover my pores, giving my skin an even smooth complexion. I also notice I don't get oily quickly compared to if I didn't wear this powder, which is amazing considering that I'm usually a greaseball. I use a large fluffy brush and apply it all over my face, then add an additional layer of this powder where I get oily the most (forehead, nose, and cheek bones). Adding an additional layer of this powder doesn't make my face cakey unlike other finishing powders I've tried (such as Benefit Matterial girl and Etude House Secret Beam powder). It's my holy grail powder and I would buy it over and over again without a doubt.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

This powder is ok. It doesn't offer full coverage, but it gives my skin a healthy glow which is why i continue to purchase it. I usually buy a lighter shade in this powder and use it as a highlighter around my eyes, cheeks and t zone area. It works fabulous as a highlighter especially since it has micro sized sparkly powders in it. Let's not get that confused with glitter because it's far from it. It just little fine shimmery powder that makes your skin look healthy. This powder has salicylic acid which is also great for my skin type. The downfall of this product is that it doesn't come with a full range of colors so finding a match can be difficult.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: Given the small pimples this is giving me but intrigued by more coverage than my Prep & Prime gives, I revisited an old friend, MAC Sheer Select pressed powder. I actually had thought it was discontinued but thankfully not. The Sheer Select gave a much better "poreless" look than the Lorac with a much lighter & less visible (as in "yes you can see the makeup on my face" way). The Lorac is going back.

ORIGINAL: Ok, not sure what a fair rating is, so I am sticking with a 3. You have a choice to make with this powder (or maybe any powder, I am not an expert). Do you want a flawless look from a foot or more away? Or do you want it very obvious your face has powder on it when someone is in your personal space. I have always hated the later look. While from a distance, I look flawless in this, up close you can see it on my skin and I just prefer my makeup to blend better. So, bottom line, choose what look you want or what aspet is more important to you. If looking good from a distance is your choice, this is great. If not looking so heavily made up when you are up close is a concern, this is a 1-2 lippie. Hence, I gave it a 3. Also, while it did not break me out all over, it did give me pimples along my acne prone jaw line. I will be going back to my MAC Prep & Prime pressed powder. I really wanted this to be awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have TONS of pressed powders, both as a foundation and as a finishing powder. I'm also in my late 50's and have a harder and harder time finding one that gives me the finish I so love with a good powder, but not accent lines or make me look dry.
And this one does this incredibly well.
On top of that, it does indeed reduce my huge pore size and I wish I had found this MUCH sooner - just this last fall I ran across it and decided to try it at the Sephoras store in Penney's.
Fell in love. It's incredibly creamy and soft and you can build coverage. For light coverage, I use a fluffy powder brush, sort of stippling onto my face after foundation; but for more serious coverage, I use a slant head foundation brush made by Bare Minerals for their Ready mineral foundation and press it into my face after foundation.. IT cosmetics also makes this exact same type of brush.
I'm on my 3rd color trying to keep pace with my increasing paleness as winter marches along. I apply this over a good medium coverage moisturizing foundation -
In the summer, I get a pretty good tan, so chose PF5 - which is a warm tan neutral - not too orange or red. And up until Christmas, I was on PF3 - which is a nice light-medium, or NW25 - now I'm more pale and just sent for PF2 Light- I'm sure it will be fine going by the descriptions I've read for someone with the N20 range -
Highly recommend you try this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I have been using bareMinerals pressed Mineral Veil for years now as my finishing powder- until this little gem came into my life. LORAC Porefection pressed powder is a godsend! The color matches my skin tone much better than any of the bareminerals pressed mineral veils (that was my only problem with it- the color match)! As the day goes on, Porefection powder seems to melt into my skin without looking patchy, streaky, or turning orange. It makes my blush look natural and stay in place, too! I can't believe the difference in how my skin looks so much more radiant and even-toned since I have been using this powder! The only *minor* negative thing about it (just something to watch out for) is the powder can be a little "chalky" when first swiping it onto a make-up brush. I just tap my brush over my sink to knock off the loose powder before applying to my face. This has not really been an issue for me, because I used to use loose powder so I kind of had to do that, anyway. But for people who are used to pressed powders not being so easy to pick up on the brush, this one might surprise you. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ashwur

I really loved this stuff, my skin did not break out when I started using it like it did when I started using bare minerals. It kept it fairly even. The only reason I would t buy it again is because my skin doesn't have a good match for the shades they offer I have to mix two shades to get it close to being right. Otherwise I really like it. Covers well, lasts a long time. The packaging is great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by fadedportrait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been eyeing this powder for a while and finally gave it a shot a few weeks ago. I LOVE it. It's got a very natural, though matte, finish and definitely minimizes pores.

This brand on the whole deserves more reviews, but this powder is the BEST. It's not really advertised but I know for a fact (a friend of mine works for LORAC) the reason other reviewers have said it doesn't make them break out is because there are no parabens, is non-drying (due to vitamin E and other antioxidants in the formula) and is fragrance free. Also, it has a small percent of salicylic acid to stop breakouts while you wear the powder!!

All in all, it's great for all types of skin, and all ages, and this baby can last me through an 8 hour work day without reapplication and still look perfect by the time I get home.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product really lives up to its claims. It is amazing really. I am new to the LORAC brand and everything I've tried has really 'Wow'd' me so far. I am fair, NC15/NC20 and I got the PF3 Fair/Medium which is a touch too tan. I am going to take it back and exchange for the PF2.

I apply this with a large fluffy brush as the next to last step in my routine. I use it to set my foundation and blend everything out. It gives me a matte, angelically even finish with fantastic light coverage. It really keeps my foundation looking flawless all day...but I do use Revlon ColorStay whipped creme foundation which is pretty flawless on its own! ;) Sometimes I just use this over my moisturizer, for quick makeup days. Same great results, just less coverage.

My very last step in my full routine is to dust Guerlain Meteorites on because I like a more luminous finish than what Porection gives. Porefection really does minimize pores and gives light coverage which the Guerlain just won't do, which is why I use the two together. I feel so beautiful by the time I am finished!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No