September 2, 2014 | 1069 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neostrata - Vitamin C Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

30ml of 10% Vitamin C serum packaged in 30 individual capsules. That's great!
I have finally managed to put together a well rounded skincare routine, but as a male I also like to keep it nice and simple. Not only I'd rather not waste time, but more products tend to pile and become visible.

Prior to this I have used Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate which is similar, but this is better. The texture is smoother, more transparent and does not appear white. It is also much cheaper if you get it at Shoppers Drug Mart with a 20x on Optimum points when they also have the occasional 30% off on all Neostrata products.

I apply this around my eyes before sunscreen and after my BHA exfoliant. It provides additional sun protection. Since I only apply a small amount, I like the individial capsules. With Kiehl's, I'd basically just be clearing the nozzle each time. So, I just cut a small corner of a new capsule, take the amount I need, then put it down on a small tray of Vaseline face down. It seals well the opening and I can get up to 4 individual uses from each one. The serum remains stable and each capsule is like opening a brand new product.

I just cut a small corner, take the amount I need and then put it down on a small tray of vaseline. It is great at sealing the opening and one capsule can last me up to 4 individual uses.

I hope they never discontinue it because I intend to use it for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by meighan04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this burns my skin so I use a totally different serum first, then put the vitaminC over top, I find it much less irritating this way. I also find that for a serum it is quite thick so I use it at night ONLY!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by stupidbea

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a strange, slippery texture. It seems to cover your skin in a silck film, which makes me think it just sits on the surface and does not get absorbed like liquid vit c serums. It also makes other products you try to apply on top slide around and changes their color slightly. For example, my sunscreen is slightly streaky and gives more of a white cast when applied over this than over other serums.

Overall, I'd say there are other vit c serums out there that are easier to use and also have a higher concentration than this so I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by 1990ardus

SO FAR SO GOOD, DID NOT BREAK ME OUT

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Olom

This product comes in capsule form and is meant to be used like a serum. I initially bought this because I heard that it was good for improving the appearance of hyperpigmentation/melasma (because of the 10% high-potency vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbic acid). The first batch I bought I only used every other day at nights only because I was afraid it would temporarily darken my skin, cause redness/irritation, etc. Now that I've built up a tolerance for it (about 2.5 months), the second batch I bought I have been using twice a day, every other day. I think the package says to use it morning and night everyday but I heard that it is better to apply any vitamin c serum only every other day. As far as any improvement in my hyperpigmentation/melasma, I have yet to notice any significant difference - I continue to use it because I usually give skincare products 3 months to "work its magic" before deciding if it actually doing anything for me. However, the serum does make my skin feel soft and smooth after applying to my face and neck, it hasn't broken me out, and although it's pricey, the product will last a few months (depending on how often you use it). A bad point is that you have to cut open the capsule to get all the product out.

I will update again after finishing the second batch.