Goddess Garden Kid's Natural Sunscreen SPF 30

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great sunscreen! It received a good rating on skin deep for not being toxic and works great. It does have an herbal scent but it disappears within 5 minutes. It does leave a little bit of a white cast but geez it's not a fashion show. It works and it's safe unlike your average sunscreens out there.

on 10/24/2012 4:25:00 PM

I have melasma, and since developing it a few years ago I have worn mineral-based sunscreen every day, summer and winter. I started with Elta MD, but it was expensive, and had nano particles, which aren't supposed to be good. I switched around, Burt's Bees, some other brands whose names I can't remember, always trying to go as natural as possible, and as zinc-based as possible. I found some Garden Goddess in a health food store. It was for babies. It wasn't meant for your face, but I figure, it was all natural, mostly organic, meant for babies, how bad could it be for your face? I used it and have been very happy. It goes on white, but that's good, because you can see the coverage. Let it dry and it blends in. I have also used the regular Garden Goddess stuff for body. Both equally good on my face with a high percentage of zinc, I think around 20%, which is just perfect. I found the GG at Whole Foods the second time. And, it does not stink, like a previous reviewer says, at all. Also, I have extremely acne prone skin and this does not break me out one iota. It has also received EWG's 2011 highest rating for being most effective and non-toxic. Perfect. I love this stuff. My extremely frustrating and unwelcome melasma is not getting worse, and my face is well protected. Thanks, GG!

on 8/1/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i hate this. it stinks terribly. no one would want to come around u if u put this crap on. i call this a dont buy.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, this smells soooo strongly of lavender it's ridiculous. I think it's way too strong, especially for a kid's sunscreen. It also leaves such a white cast it looks like I am wearing kabuki makeup. The reason I am giving this two "lippies" instead of one is that it works ok as a body sunscreen.