September 15, 2014 | 1768 users online

Styling Products - Oribe - impermeable anti-humidity spray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by carcas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super thick, coarse, naturally curly/wavy hair, which I always blow out. The humidity in DC is heartbreaking, and has lately been consistently undoing my careful straightening in the time it takes to get from the door to the car (think "frizz puff"). I can't spring for a Brazilian blowout at the moment (those are really the best defense, I've found), so I decided to try this, based on the reviews. It's expensive as sin, and I hesitated because of the price, but it definitely works. Lasted from AM to evening, didn't quit. I also appreciate that it doesnt change the texture of my hair- it just looks polished and healthy, with its own natural shine, not at all weighed down or "coated"-feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

My stylist recommended this product for my hair and it is a must have for summer in Houston. It really keeps my shoulder length hair frizz free and keeps my blow out intact. The spray is very fine misty droplets and you don't dump tons of my dry hair. If you follow the instructions - spray on the top layer, then flip your head upside down and spray the underside, it adds a lot of bounce as well. I run my fingers through it after spray top and underside and then take a wide tooth comb and underneath. My hair stays in place but has "swing" as well.

I will add I use Keratin Oil on my hair before blow out, and get a keratin or brazillian blow out twice a year. (April/May and September/October).

This product is saving me $$ on haircuts and treatments in the salon

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kberly37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use quite a few Oribe products, but I'm not a major fan of this one. I have fine textured curly hair and this spray is meant to seal out humidity. Well I live in Florida and no product has been able to shield my hair from the humidity here, that's not Oribe's fault. What I don't like about this product is the texture it gives my hair. I like my hair soft and bouncy and this makes my hair feel heavy and dirty. It smells really nice, but I would only use this if I didn't have time to wash my hair and I wanted it to smell fragrant. As a styling product, it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by headcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My stylist recommended this product for my fine, frizzy hair. He promised it would change my life so I was so excited to purchase it even though I had to make a trip to Saks and shell out $45. I used it along with Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum and sprayed the Oribe after styling. It feels a little stiff at first. I can't stand the smell. It follows me around like a dense fog lingering in my nose. Other sprays don't bother me at all. I didn't use any hair spray since i thought this was like a normal spray. My hair looked great before I left my house but it started to curl and frizz early in the evening. I wish the directions in the can also included what the company told me.

I emailed Oribe the next day to see if they had any tips. They said to either spray the product in my damp hair before drying and/or before flat ironing, and spray a second time after styling. I first tried spraying it on my damp hair but that makes it stiff and difficult to run a boar bristle brush through it while drying. It did look nice when i finally finished. I now spray it before and after flat ironing. I still have to use it along with PM Super Skinny and hair spray. My hair does really well. It still curls up a bit toward the end of the night and sometimes gets a little frizzy but it's so much better than going without.

Although this product is wonderful, I won't repurchase because I've found an amazing dupe! Beyond the Zone Smooth Criminal Thermo Spray. I got a trial size at Sally and tried it one day when I ran out of Oribe. It only costs about $7! It also reeks and leaves my hair a little stiff. If you are on the fence about spending $45 on the Oribe, I suggest you try Smooth Criminal and use it in the same manner as Oribe (before and after flat ironing).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I live near the beach and sometimes the humidy will kill a blow out or curls, so I use this to protect my style. It really works to keep my style intact. After I style I spray through by flipping my head over. I also spray the Dry Texture Oribe spray afterwards for texture. The Oribe brand is expensive and there are other products out there, too, that probably work just as well for less, but one of ther reasons I continue to purchase this line is because of the scent, it's irresistable. I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Super expensive, but it works very well. My hair can get huge in humid weather and has developed quite a wave. When I don't want that, this spray will keep it smooth all day long, and it is not at all sticky or stiff.