September 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Skincare - Face - Avibon

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by avmy143

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this off and on for about four months. Can't say that I notice any difference in my skin but that might be because I don't use it every night. The smell does take some getting used to; I think I almost enjoy it now, lol. It is very unctuous; it you don't mind an oil slick on your face at night, this would be the product to try. Would I purchase it again? Probably not. Not a bad product, just not the miracle worker I was expecting. I am using the remainder of the product at night on my lips and hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by porschac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin loves this product! I use it at night and wake up with gorgeous slightly plump skin that's so soft and smooth. I've been using it for nearly two months now and I barely smell it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this as an undereye treatment at night for a few months now and I think I've noticed a difference in the appearance.

I find this to be an unusual consistency. The word oily springs to mind but it's technically not oily, it's just an ointment rather than a cream. It's almost like a greasier version of papaya ointment that's quite popular at the moment.

I don't know how people can use it as a moisturiser! They must apply the tiniest amount possible! I use this on my lips during the day in place of chap stick and it leaves a natural looking shine and feels and smells great (smells medicinal but I like that). I can only use a tiny amount under my eyes at night and even then my pillow has oil stains in the morning. I squeeze the tiniest amount onto my finger and warm it by running two fingers together then pat under my eyes. It feels great but like I say, there's no way I could get away with wearing this during the day.

To get this delivered to Australia was quite expensive, and alot of ebay shops had sold out, but it was worth the go.
I do think next time though I'll just buy papaya ointment for $5!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by DarkAngel820

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not have an issue with adult acne but I wanted something that would give me good moisture in the winter and help with anti aging. I read up on Avibon and decided to try it. It's like A+D ointment but better. You have the power of vitamin A (retin) without the over drying, peeling, and itching. It goes on a little thick but I got over that once I felt how soft my skin was and how luminescent and dewy my face looked. Once it's absorbed into your skin, it feels wonderful. I decided to try the other 2 products on the Avibon website and I'm waiting for the the arrival from France.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Oh Avibon, how I love you! I only found you about a month ago but boy, do I love you... I use this as a nightcream (I alternate with Steamcream) and my skin really looks so much better after using this! It is greasy when you put it on but when it has completely sunk in my skin is soooo soft! I haven't really noticed an improvement wrinkle-wise, but I reckon that it needs more time for that. Nothing but love for this cheap as chips product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. So simple and so effective, since all it takes is one product for face, neck and eyes.

Avibon offers all of the benefits of retinol without any of the side effects, e.g., redness and peeling. You can use this daily with no problem. Depending upon where you buy it, it's between US$27.95 - $34 per tube. Since only a pea-sized amount is needed for the entire face and neck, one tube lasts a long time.

My only caveat is if you have problems or issues with lanolin or petrolatum, you'll want to avoid Avibon. If not, try it out.

ETA: I'm coming up on two months of use, and love this product even more! I'm noticing a reduction/softening of crow's feet and naso-labial lines, and even minor softening of my 11 lines. I rarely, if ever call a product "HG", but this one definitely is. I wish I'd discovered this 20 or 30 years ago.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by adara260

Overall Rating: 3.6

I bought this product because of the hype. I was currently on Tretenoin (prescription Retin A) for my acne, but I was looking for a cheaper alternative.

Avibon is not as effective as the prescription stuff or as effective as the Retinol stuff I can get over the counter in the US and have used in the past. Avibon hasn't cleared up my acne or helped with exfoliation. I've been using this for the past 3-4 months. I don't know if I can attribute anything (clearer tone) to Avibon directly.

Overall I do enjoy using it. I love the scent. I love the moisturizing properties. It is thick and ointment like so I know it'll be great in the winter. I think the packaging is efficient and keeps the product stable. I ordered it from New London Pharmacy for a decent price so I can't complain about that. I think after I am done with my three tubes I'll go back to over the counter stuff or the prescription stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Camillian74

Avibon works really well on my skin. I like using it as opposed to other retinoids because its not as irritating and doesn't dry out my skin or cause it to flake. I definitely see a difference when I use it on my face at night..when I wake up my skin feels smooth and tight..it also doesn't contain any parabens or sulfites like many other retinoids out there which is a big plus!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know...I just don't get this product. I bought into the hype....ordered it from France....and it's just bleh to me. I hate the feel of it on but I was prepared for that aspect....just like slathering vaseline on your face...but I could deal with that if I saw results...which I'm not. I think Alpha Hydrox Night ResQ did more in 2 days then this did in 1 month. I was told this was better than regular tretinoin as well but I have to disagree. Also, I think it runs into my eyes at night and I've been waking up with really irriated eyes too. I'm just going to use it on my lips to see if this helps with fine lines there so I don't feel like I wasted another $30 on a skincare product that doesn't deliver. Definitely will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for almost one month now and my skin has improved so much. My skin tone us much more even and in general is clearer.
The smell reminds me of a rose perfume that my Gramma wore, a bit strong but you get used to it.
The product is thick almost like A&D ointment for diaper rash. A little goes a long way. You use about a pea size and rub it together using your fingertips to warm it up and liquefy it, then spread it on your face at night.
I'm a sucker for face/body products in a tube. There is something so gratifying about rolling the tube up and being able to use all of the product without waste.
The price is a bit insane depending in where you purchase it. Shop around until you find a good price for it including shipping. I found a couple places online that sell it at an affordable price. I know eBay has it from time to time. I will most likely check there when this tube runs out.
It's a good product if you can get your hands on it. I would definitely buy again.