November 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Masks - AcneFree - Sulfur Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by LiseC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great sulfur mask- I've been using for years on a pretty regular basis (I try once a week) and I think it really helps with cystic acne. I stopped using for a few months (just got lazy, then forgot, then I was like nah, I'll be cool) but sure enough, I started breaking out like mad! Back to using this product 2-3 times a week for a few weeks and back under control. Nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i didnt get a chance to see how effective this product is..after realizing that it has exfoliating beads in it. i cant use such grainy products and would have appreciated the company putting an accurate description on the box. this "mask" is more like a scrub. so if you have issues with those like i do..steer clear of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by carebear1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great inexpensive product that cleared up my acne. I purchased it from Ulta for around 8 dollars. I used it two days in a row, and the existing breakouts on my face were gone. I had tried to get rid of them with other masks, but I didn't see any improvement. I love this product and will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did they discontinue this?? I've been looking for 6 mos and cannot find this anywhere in an actual store. Only online.

I have hormonal cystic acne and this is the ONLY THING that works!

I put a dab of BP (acnefree terminator), and a dab of this over blemishes and in 48 hours the blemish is completely gone.

With BP alone it doesn't work. Since I can't find this I've been trying to do it with the QH sulfur mask but the results are so not the same!!

I really love this. Absolute HG!!!!

I really hope I find this stuff again. There's so many crap products on the market (I've tried everything for my acne. Everything)

This stuff is a diamond in the rough.

Only con is the packaging bc for me the tube hardened and was unusable like halfway through. So half went in the garbage.

I never used it on my full face though- just spot treating

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-Prince: $8-$10 for a small tube, however, a little bit goes a long way.

-Packaging: what can se say, it's a tube, safe and easy to use. No special packaging is needed for such an amazing product.

-Product: this is an amazing product. I bought it and for some odd reason I never used it. Found it as I was cleaning my bathroom and was like, OH!! I need to finally give this a shot. So when I started using it, I noticed that after applying this, it felt tight on my skin. When I washed it off, wow, my skin even looked healthier.
I was traveling to Chicago to see my significant other and as I arrived to the hotel, I noticed 2 large zits on my nose, side by side, partners in crime!!! I was like NOOOOOOO! So on a whim, I decided to dab this sulfur mask on them, and as I napped, I let it dry and see if it worked. I took a 2 hour nap, when I woke up, THE ZITS WERE GONE! This is an amazing product. Highly recommended, definite re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask is amazing for clearing gunk out of my pores & shrinking existing breakouts. I had clogged pores which led to a bout of breakouts due to a serum I had tried & I used the Indian Healing Clay mask 2 x a week for 6 weeks but saw no improvement. After using this mask twice my skin had cleared up. I've been using this mask every 3 days & my skin is clear. It is drying so I only leave it on for the 10 mins the directions say to. One time I left it on for 45 mins & my skin was super, super dry after (I have normal skin, neither oily or dry) but moisturizer fixed that. Only a little bit is needed so I expect the tube to last a while. I couldn't find this at Walmart so I wound up purchasing it at Walgreens, I can't remember the exact price but it was under $10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is, hands down, the best spot treatment for zits I've found yet. I've tried many benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid based treatments, and none of them come near to the results I get with this stuff. It dramatically shrinks existing pimples overnight, and frequently heads burgeoning zits off at the pass, preventing them from surfacing. I only get isolated breakouts here and there, so I don't need to apply this as an all over mask. Thus, I find the cost of this product to be extremely reasonable, and I've only just run out of a tube that's lasted me over a year. I used to see it at CVS all the time, but I haven't seen it lately. Luckily, I was able to find it at Walgreens. I expect that this new tube will get me through at least another year.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Heads up... Long, but detailed review.

I've used this product 4 times in the past week that I've had it. So far, I am REALLY liking it! Not loving, but really liking (only because I need to give it a little more time to test it out).

I'll start off by saying that I hate my skin. Almost anything I put on my face will break me out. It's also what I call "dry oily skin", meaning I guess that it's naturally very oily (and acne prone) but dehydrated and irritatingly dry because of all the medicine and treatments and acne washes I put it through. Most of these medicines take some time to work their "magic", to truly show results; yet the dryness and bothersome side effects are almost immediate and it sucks. If any of these products showed immediate, or hell, within-a-week results, I'd be okay with the dryness. Just as long as I knew it was worth it, that it actually WORKED. Well, I do believe this product may be my saving grace.

I recently had a large patch of embedded, but not cystic or nodule-like, acne on my jaw line on both sides of my face. I applied a thin layer of this onto my wet skin as directed around my jawline and up onto my lower cheek, just on one side (this side was worse than the other). I only left it on there for 10 minutes, as directed, and it helped a little to dry up the area, but I didn't see fantastic results or anything. So I figured I'd give it another try the next day. I also did some research on here, and a lot of users said they applied it without wetting their face first, or that they applied a lot, or that they left it on as long as overnight. So I weighed and balanced all this information out for my next application. Next time, I applied it to the same area (and on a few other pimples/blackheads) onto damp skin, not wet, and applied a little more than last time; I also left it on for an hour that night before washing it off (I can't do masks on big areas of my skin overnight... too drying for my skin). Anyway, the next morning, and three days since then, that patch of acne has smoothed out, dried up, and practically disappeared to less than half its original size/severity. It's amazing! That night I applied it to my whole face, concentrating on more congested sections. I admit, my skin is a little dry and ashy as a result, but it's nothing a little bit of moisturizer won't fix (currently trying out Garnier's Fresh Effects Dew Over hydrating gel). My face is visibly better after just one week. Hopefully, these results are not just because it's something my face has never encountered before and doesn't have a defense against but will soon become immune to. That will make me cry. Yes, cry.

Now, the reason I didn't give it 5 stars isn't due to the product itself. The tube is very tiny, and at the rate and amount per application I (along with many other users) am using it, this little tube won't last long. I paid $8 for this, which isn't bad considering the results it delivers, it's just that I wish it came in a bigger tube. Also, it does kinda smell, and if I put too much of it under my nostrils on my upper lip (I get zits there it sucks), the smell makes me nauseous. But as a biology and chemistry enthusiast, I know sulfur smells, nothing you can do about it.

Over all, if you are looking to try something new for treatment of your acne at a decent price and relatively good availability (I've only seen it at like CVS, Walgreens, and Ulta... maybe a few Walmarts carry it, idk), GIVE THIS A SHOT! Just try it. I beg of you. If you're not afraid to get a little dry, this just might be the answer to your acne-curing prayers!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by loveohnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My holy grail for acne. I use the grisi sulfur ointment. It is heaven in a tube. Gets rid of my acne overnight. Does have a foul smell though. But hey! It works!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by smileitscontagious

This stuff is amazing. I constantly break out if I don't try to prevent it and this is about as great as preventative measures go. It's seriously drying, even on my unnaturally oily skin, but what acne product that actually works isn't? It doesn't only prevent pimples from forming, it totally gets rid of them once they do. I get the occasional hormonal break out: the whole under the skin, angry red and painful ordeal, and this is the only thing that either helps it surface allowing for extraction or something or simply dries it out. Thanks to this I actually feel like my skin is getting better. Unfortunately, it does come in a very small tube and since I use it quite a lot, I do run out quickly and it does run for about $8, so it's not ideally economical, but compared to other masks or treatments and considering the ingredients it has, it's a bargain. Love this stuff and will continue to buy forever!