Shiseido Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil

3.6

on 12/18/2013 2:34:00 PM

I'm a massive fan of eyeliner. Tried so many types over the years, both expensive ones and inexpensive ones and I must say I find that this is the best for long lasting and sensitive eyes. It comes with a little smudge tip on the other end so you can blend to your hearts content. Stays in place all day long, you won't find pieces of it below your eyeline every few minutes like can happen with other brands. For the price I think it is definitely worth a shot. Worth the money IMO.

on 3/31/2013 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first Shiseido product, and I am very impressed. I have this in Brown (BR 602) which is a very muted dark brown. I normally use black liner but I wanted something a little less bold for a more professional look and this was perfect. It isn't a rich warm brown that would look obviously brown on the eyes, thus from a distance it can pass as a less harsh black. The pencil is buttery soft and so it glides on easily. It stays put by itself but if you rub your eyes it will smudge. It's also long wearing. I had no problems sharpening it and the cap fits snugly. It comes with a blender on the other end, which I can't say that I've used more than a handful of times though (nothing to do with the blender, just my personal preference). I would definitely repurchase this and will be exploring other Shiseido products.

on 9/1/2012 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

So far this is my favorite eyeliner pencil. It glides on very smoothly, and is long lasting. Its very creamy and the colour show up really well. The flip side of it has a smudging tool that works really well too. It's a bit more expensive than most pencils ($20) but it's works amazing. The packaging of it is great too, you never loose the caps, and as long as you have a good sharpener it will last.

on 6/19/2012 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very smooth and easy to apply - it glides right on and has a smudger on the end to blend it - it doesn't say it's waterproof or water resistant but for me it stays on like it is.

on 10/7/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm no eyeliner expert, but I find this liner (I have it in Golden Green GR503) easy to use and very flattering.

The Packaging: It comes with a smudger at the end (I prefer a q-tip to it) and caps that fit snugly. However, the material this pencil is made of is not good for sharpening, and remains ragged.

The Product: Not as long wearing as others I have used, but a very nice color with a slight shimmer. Goes on smoothly and lasts about 12 hours.

The Price: Expensive.

on 8/30/2011 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I didn't get good results from this product. It gives me raccoon eyes, and the black pencil is not true black, it is a muted, dull, blue black. I won't be repurchasing.

on 7/25/2011 7:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I normally stay away from eyeliner pencils because they NEVER seem stay on for more than an hour or 2 no matter if it's waterproof or not - annoying! I was using Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner and I thought that was better than most, until my mum took it and started using it haha
So, I purchased myself this eyeliner and it is AWESOME! The colour is rich black, pigmented - you get a true black colour with one line - and super soft. Staying power is really good on me, I only use this on my upper waterline and it will stay for at least 6-8 hours even with my teary eyes. It may transfer to my bottom waterline after awhile, but not much. I will be repurchasing this again!

on 6/24/2011 1:09:00 PM

I was slightly disappointed because i LOVE Shiseido products (eyeshadow, lipstick lipliner, etc...). But for the price, this definitely was not worth it.
Packaging: Very classy and I especially loved the double-ended design with the smudger at the end, very nice.

Product: Here's the thing... for $18.00, i was irked to see the pencil was pretty small, having been given the illusion of a longer pencil by the caps and the smudger end. *sigh* but the shiseido brand is my love... still, they can do alot better.. just saying...
As far as quality goes, I found the consistency to be quite smooth and creamy by my standards. The pigmentation was there; nice and black like it said. It went on well and stayed on well... for the first few hours but by the fifth hour I noticed a line of black in my crease showing up. It may be because I do have rather oily eyelids depending on the time of month and day (hello hormone flucuation!) and because i dont use primer... nevertheless, I found it was okay but not great in comparison to cheaper alternative eyeliners. But it held up and for being a regular (not waterproof) eyeliner, it actually held up in the pool for practice provided i didn't rub my eyes.

I was not amazingly impressed BUT I was pleasantly surprised overall.

on 6/16/2011 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Mine wasn't smooth, it feels dry and drags on lids. The brown color was dark which I usually like but this one looked a bit dull and flat on my skin tone. The formula smudged and wore slightly as the day went on. This product made my eyes itchy, pink and swollen each time I used it. I wouldn't recommend if you have sensitive eyes.