October 25, 2014 | 1579 users online

Lip Gloss - Bobbi Brown - High Shimmer Lip Gloss (all)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I don't do glitter in makeup, so I wouldn't normally have bought one of these glosses. However, in my little "everyday pretty" palette there was a dinky mini gloss in Bare Sparkle, and I liked it so much I've just purchased a full size. I must say, Bare Sparkle is probably one of the least glittery shades in this collection - it's actually quite understated. I wear it on top of lipstick (goes very well with BB Pink Beige and Mauve), rarely on its own. What I like is how comfortable it feels, almost like balm. I didn't notice the minty taste and smell until now - that's not a pro in my book since peppermint is a potential irritant - but luckily I haven't had any reaction to it. Bottom line: I would buy this shade again, but not any of the other high-shimmer glosses. UPDATE: the full-size gloss seems to be more glittery than the mini! I still like it, but I found some stray glitters on my face at the end of the day yesterday - that is NOT what I want, glitter migrating across my face... So i took a lippy off for that. Verdict: definitely a "yes" to the base formula, "no thanks" to the high shimmer variant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I already bought two, and still planning to get the 3rd one. I am usually not a gloss person, because I hate the smudges. However, bobbi brown high shimmer is the best lip gloss I had used so far, but considering that I haven't tried many.

It has a mint-flavored base, some what gives a toothpaste smell, but in a refreshing sense and good way, it is not that sticky, less prone to get hair stciked to lips.

The result is fabulous. The shimmer is really "high" like it said, the color all lays within the shimmer, but for some one with really dark lip colors like me, I am thrilled with what I get using it. It would cover my lip color and give a refined look.

I so far had 13 pink sequin, which is a rosy pink tone, not very apparent color but good to go for daily work. I also got the 6 hot, the electric pink color, this one is still good for daywear, but would be best to layer over lipcolor for night, for that shiny juicy lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Coffeeberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When they say high shimmer do they do mean high shimmer, so if you're trying to avoid glitter you might wanna skip these. These aren't in any way frosty like some glitter lipglosses are, so that's definitely something to bear in mind.

These lipglosses are pretty darn great imo, but they can be a little over the top in the shimmer department depending on which colour you get, however the glitter particles are in no way gritty. They're slightly sticky in the way lip glosses need to be but not at all uncomfortable, in fact they're quite moisturising and have a lovely subtle minty scent and tingle to them. These wear about 3 hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

I got this in Canary (sparkly gold!) for Christmas / New Year. I normally don't buy lip glosses, especially at BB prices, but I had a voucher and it was the holidays, so why not right?

I was surprised to find that I was IN LOVE with this! and this wasn't highlighted to me by the sales person or the website, but it's got a peppermint zing to it! very apt for the holidays, no?

it was refreshing, stayed put without being sticky or thick, looks subtle if you just wear if over nude lips but looks amazing with any lipstick shade underneath. all in all, really loved it.

the only downside is when you drink, you can see the glittery mess it leaves behind. but other than that, i really love it and wish BB would come up with a holographic colour or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just got this in Naked Plum, which is the perfect nudish plum I have ever seen. I actually had to go to 3 BB counters to find one that had this color in stock. It is apparently flying off the shelves.
I wear it over Smashbox's Light lip liner pencil (all over the lips) and it is stunning. The high shimmer is extremely flattering, as is the color, which I imagine would look good on anyone. Makes my lips look big and juicy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like these just picked up two, the colors are beautiful and they feel very nice on the lips not sticky or tacky. I'm tired of MAC Dazzleglass, as you barely get any product and they disappear before your eyes with just a few applications, also the tacky sticky factor is irritating. BB High Shimmer lip gloss is a better value and I like the formula better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Natzi

I'm surprised about the comments here. These are, I think, the best shimmery lip glosses I've used to date. I usually use MAC lipglasses and dazzleglasses, and hadn't realised just how tacky and thick the texture these are. These are thin, have an incredibly smooth texture, glitter beautifully but you never find stray sparkles on the rest of your face. It's quite incredible how smooth the textures are really, when you compare them to other glittery lip glosses on the market which tend to have a grittier texture.

At the moment, I own Firefly (sheer shimmer), Bronzed Heather (Pink brown) and Black Ruby (I cannot stress how beautiful this one is; wine red with gold sparkle). While the first two shades are easily duped, that the feel so comfortable on the lip is, I think, worth paying a little more for.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by shellbelle123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lipgloss, used correctly, is amazing. It is an expensive, tiny little package, but just the tiniest dab over lipstick transforms and softens the look into something just soo pretty. It looks gorgeous over Bobbi Brown's Crimson lipstick. and darker plum and berry tones. So many brunettes like strong color for lips, but dark/bright colors can become garish as we age. A tiny dab of this lets me wear strong colors I like, while the "shimmer" of this gloss softens the whole look and brightens my face. It is a really versatile color. I would not load up and use it alone on bare lips- a bit too shimmery/sparkly for my tastes, and with the tiny amount in the package, it would be empty in a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like these high shimmer lip glosses because they dont feel sticky and gritty from the glitter in them and are really fun for summer. They also dont dry my lips out. They just dont add a lot of color, so dont be surprised that these are relatively sheer.
I dont ever find glosses to be that long lasting, 2 hours maybe, but that's me. If you drink or eat, it will be gone.
I have these in citrus and hot; may get more colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall these do make a really nice gloss but I just don't think it's worth it at all. I find the NYX Megashine Glosses are very comparable for only $5. Plus it seems like you get more product and I like the packaging a lot better. My Bobbi Brown cap broke right off on the first day. Overall it's just a gloss and for $30, I was expecting a lot more. Nice gloss but a little disappointing.