October 25, 2014 | 1815 users online

Fragrances - Perfect Scents-- An Impression of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by IsabelArcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Allow me to clamber up onto this band wagon. I found the Perfect Scents on BOGO at CVS and got two different scents, the Impression of Cashmere Mist (I love Cashmere Mist but it is so uberexpensive) and the Impression of Flowerbomb (I kept hearing about this fragrance and was curious). The Perfect Scents opens with a blast of alcohol, but once that evaporates it leaves behind a really good dup of the scent it is mimicking. With the Impression of Cashmere Mist, it was the powdery-musky drydown that was left behind, and while it did not morph through several distinct phases like the expensive stuff does, it did last a really long time. I gave a whiff to another Cashmere Mist lover, and she agreed, it does smell like the drydown phase of the real thing. With the Impression of Flowerbomb, I have never smelled the real thing so I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it did smell like a spicy floral once the alcohol cleared away. I liked it, though it is not my true love like Cashmere Mist and Dior Dune. And Safari and Samsara. Okay, so maybe I don't have a true love, more of a flirtation with sandalwood and vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This smells like the real thing!! I can't believe it. I got it BOGO free at CVS, I got six different ones. I ran back and got another Light Blue as it smells great and is long lasting. This is a great find. I have different fragrances high and some low end and as long as it smells great I don't care how much it costs, but why pay more than you have to. These smell fantastic and are a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by divatoo

I can't believe it, not sure if I want to tell my friends about this...great little find! CVS- I bought D&G Perfect Scents for 7.99 on sale, it's amazing you can NOT tell the difference. I usually never buy the cheap stuff! Perfect Scents I guess is the brand name, My friend in Milwaukee couldn't find it in her store. you gotta try it if you can find it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

OK, I may be crucified by the fragrance ladies on MUA, but I have to review this new perfume I found at CVS. First, let me say that the only drugstore perfume I wear is Jovan White Musk and I occasionally wear B&BW scents. Everything else I wear is designer. I can't stand the smell of celebrity and cheap perfume. With that said, CVS had a display of designer interpretation scents called Perfect Scents. The one I chose to spritz on my arm was An Impression of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. Darned if it doesn't smell JUST LIKE the real thing! I wore it for a while to see if it would turn funny smelling, but it stayed true. I had been lemming the real Light Blue for summer, but didn't want to spend over $60 right now, so I bought the Perfect Scents version. It comes in a simple glass spray bottle and it's a big 2.5 oz. It's a spray cologne, but it has the lasting power of a parfum. They had a special going at CVS where you buy one bottle for $9.99 and get a second one free. I grabbed the last two bottles and now I'm set for summer. What a deal! My advice to skeptics out there is to give it a try. The other scents are Eternity, Cool Water and a couple of others. I sniffed the others and, they too, smelled real. Now I'm going to go back into hiding before the MUA fragrance ladies come looking for me with lit torches!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No