September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - gentle light pressed powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I loved this when I was younger, this gave me luminous skin that still looked natural. This pressed powder has tiny light reflecting particles, not glitter, that help to soften the look of fine lines and even out skin tone. This made my skin look great, but it never lasted more than a couple of hours on my skin. After a while I would be shiny again and need to reapply. A nice powder, but I need something a little more heavy duty than this, for my combination skin. For this reason alone I wouldn't purchase this again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

This was one of the top two powders I have ever used. Very finely milled, with light-reflecting particles, and in a good pale colour. So subtle your skin looks naturally perfect but all freckles are still there. Now that's a sign of a superb powder: many loose powers will do this, applied with a nice brush, but the pressed powder that does is a rare and precious thing. Not greasy, not drying, no reactions, just perfect.

Alas not available in Ireland. Sigh. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2005 9:57:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm not very picky, but this works well enough for my needs. I mostly need to de-shine-ify my t-zone, and this works for that purpose, although I do wish it would last longer (I'm finding it lasts maybe 5 hours, then I'm all shiny again).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2005 8:18:00 AM More reviews by trew

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the light coverage on my skin, really picks me up when i look tired, good for dry skin wish it has the same silver packaging as lipsticks and eyeshadows, expensive i apply quite a lot to get a fine veil

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2005 10:23:00 AM More reviews by SusieDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pursuaded to buy this when purchasing a new foundation. I don't normally wear powder (and still won't over foundation as it makes me feel too 'done')but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I can wear it on it's own over just a tiny bit of concealer where needed. It doesn't provide strong coverage - it's light and faintly shimmery - but it's a lovely, sheer, sheeny finish.

However, I couldn't agree more with Uplate6674's comments re the packaging. I love Clinique but HATE the green marbled plastic casing! It's a vile colour, looks cheap and so unsexy - this is not a compact to whip out proudly in public!! The silver lipstick cases are gorgeous and if only they'd do a really lovely silver compact to match...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, if you want to be matte, don't buy this. It shimmers. This is better for dry or mature skins. I found it to be soft and light, and the shimmer to be just enough to look glowy without looking feverish. Use a brush and not a puff or sponge, and it will go on very sheer, just ewnough to set your foundation and/or concealer. If you use s sponge, it might get a bit cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by clalmli

Pretty good overall powder, better than any drug store brand, but not as good as some higher end products. If your used to MAC Studio Fix, this is a big letdown, but if your used to Covergirl, this is a godsend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by urang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree wholeheartedly with tngirl77 (5 reviews below this one). I was skeptical about using a powder with shimmer in it, but I've found myself reaching for this powder when I am having an ashen- or tired-complexion day. It's a nice brightener, without being sparkly. I like it! I wouldn't recommend it on the T-zone for oil, or for coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2004 4:32:00 PM More reviews by RosaMaria

This product looks pretty, but that's about it! It doesn't do anything to control shine or oiliness. I will not be getting this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2004 12:46:00 AM More reviews by brandi17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is okay to start out with. It is definitely light, not something you want to use for any real coverage. It doesnt stay on as long as I would hope though. After this compact runs out, I probably won't be getting a new one.