October 20, 2014 | 1546 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Shine Control Lathering Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i cant find it anymore :( but i love this cleanse, it really deep cleans. i only use it about 2x a week to control oil, as i dont want to 'overabsorb' it all. i love the wag my skin feels after washjng it off, it seems like that really clean feeling, and does not overdry either 😊.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

HG cleanser for Combo/Oily skin! I use this every morning and it minimizes shine throughout the ENTIRE day. Sometimes I'll use it with my Clarisonic, and it works just fine too. I've been using this for a solid 6 months and I honestly think it's worth a try for anyone looking for an effective cleanser. In love, will repurchase, as I am close to finishing a tube (I'm estimating this will last about 8-12 months, I just have some distributed into different jars for travel)
Might I also throw in that this burns if you get it up your nose (Dont ask!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

I've been on this hunt to find a product that's not too expensive to reduce the oil on my face and I found this product. Its creamy and it feels good on my face when I wash my face with it. It doesn't dry me out. It leaves my skin feeling smooth. I like it so far. It has not broke me out so thats a good sign. I'll continue to use this and perhaps repurchase, but is a bit early to determine if this product is a must do for my dailly routine. I will update.

5/4/12 UPDATE
I don't really care for this. It doesn't break me out nor does it control my oils. I does make my face smooth. Its good, not great, and I can't tell a big difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by agonzalez077

I love this product!! It has a wonderful scent. My husband asked me to buy him a bottle so he can use it too! Not only that, but my face feels sooo clean and moisturized after each use. Does not leave my skin dry and squeeky like other products. Needless to say, I will repurchase, repurchase, repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by skippermd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a more economical alternative to my usual facewash (Origins Checks and Balances Frothy facewash), and I actually like this even more! It lathers great, isn't too watery so you can really massage your face, never makes my skin tight or dry and has definitely helped decrease the oil and shininess of my face. The scent is very light and clean. I will definitely be re-purchasing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high gopes for this cleanser, because I have very oily skin. Unfortunately, I foudn this cleanser to be very drying. After washing my face, I felt like it stripped my skin (even of it's natural oils), thereby producing even more oil during the day as a result. I'll stick with my Noxema Triple Clean Anti-Bacterial Lathering Cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Changing this review...my face did appear less oily..but it does make it look dry, but it is a good cleanser anyway, you might get it onto the hairline, so be careful

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this to help minimize shiny summer skin, which it does. However, it didn't feel like it rinsed off completely and broke me out.
Pros: need only a little, lathers very well, controls shine well
Cons: dries out skin, felt like it left residue, breaks me out, don't care for the fragrance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I picked this up recently, thinking I was trying something new, but I had a strange de ja vu feeling when I used it...so I sweaer this is the second time I've purchased this product!

On with the review...This works great for me. I normally use it in the morning because I don't really care if my face is oily before bed. It works great, smells great and lathers up like crazy, so you only have to use a tiny bit.

I haven't had any issues with skin irritation, it only stings when it gets in my eyes.

It does really help control the oil through out the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am actually pleasantly surprised by this. I'm always skeptical of any drugstore product claims, as they've just about never worked. I figured this would really dry out my face so I only use it in the morning. It is very perfumey which is unnecessary, but it doesn't really bother me or irritate my skin. I think it leaves my face feeling pretty nice. It does actually work decently. It takes a couple hours for my face to get really oily, which for me is amazing. I would probably buy this again. I think for someone with oily but not crazy oily skin this could work quite well.