Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir

3.9

on 2/14/2015 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a softer, cloudier version of Balenciaga Paris, at least on my skin, using Jasmin instead of Violet. I was struck by the similarity enough to rightly guess that they have the same nose behind them - Olivier Polge. Looking at the fragrances he's responsible for, you can really see the blueprint - I can even detect a little Kenzo Power in this, and some Eau Mega.
There's something very vegetal in this on me, but it's not listed in the notes, which is perplexing. An ozonic aspect, merging with savoury wood. Perhaps my skin amps this up, because others call this scent sweet.
I'd say it's a modern choice, that certainly wouldn't have any upper or even lower age limit on it; it's classy, bright, and a little sharp.

on 12/31/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Pretty! It smells like a pretty girl. Uplifting. It's a light, clean, slightly sweet floral -- smooth -- with no sharpness whatsoever.

I like this much better than orig Bulgari Pour Femme, and much MUCH better than orig Bulgari Jasmin Noir -- which was dark and heavy. This shouldn't even be its flanker -- they have nothing in common.

Mon Jasmin Noir is almost crystalline in its clarity and purity -- it's practically the opposite of original Jasmin Noir in the black bottle -- no comparison. There's nothing "Noir" about Mon Jasmin Noir -- at all!

Launched in 2011, notes per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Citron, Lily-of-the-valley
Heart Notes - Jasmine sambac, Trachelospermum (common name is Asian Jasmine, I looked it up)
Base Notes - Musk, Nougat, Woods

I'm wearing it today. Light, clean, sheer, pretty, fresh -- but thankfully not sharp, pointy, bug-sprayish, or hair-sprayish in any way. The musk & nougat in the base soften the florals and smooth out the fragrance. The jasmine is very tame and nice.

I remember that when this launched, actress Kirsten Dunst was the face (from orig Spiderman, Marie Antoinette, Little Women). Her youth, fresh-faced blonde prettiness, and wholesome, down-to-earth persona fit this scent, I think.

on 12/18/2014 3:11:00 PM

Love Love Love this! I picked it up on a whim and don't hate...but I bought a full-sized sealed boxed bottle of the EDP spray for (ahem) $39.00 at TJ Maxx of all places. Absolutely no regrets. It is very reminiscent of Hermes Eau des Merveilles but possibly a little less spicy but still with that warm peppery dry-down. I may have to run out and buy a back-up bottle while they still have them in stock. I haven't found anything in a long time that I've melted over and wore Chanel Mademoiselle until I burned myself out. It is a delicate feminine fragrance that makes me feel like a little more elegant when I wear it.

on 6/26/2014 7:44:00 AM

This perfume was pretty expensive to buy but worth it. It has a lovely long lingering scent of Jasmine, not too overpowering but enough to notice. I always get plenty of compliments from people when I wear this and I like to save it for best because it smells so damn expensive and I feel like a million dollars when I have it on. The longevity of the fragrance is good and lasts for a long time, I would only buy the EDP though as I do not think the EDT would last as long. This is a perfume which I would buy again and again because I love the smell but the pricetag does somewhat limit me and i tend to buy this when I am going on holiday. Its a pricey purchase but if you are looking for a totally classy expensive smelling fragrance then this is a great choice!

on 12/11/2013 9:51:00 PM

I love Jasmin Noir (in the black bottle), but picked up mon Jasmin Noir (clear bottle) by accident. I didn't think they could be that different, but I was very wrong. I know that some love this (fragrance is so personal), but it smelled stale and dirty on my chemistry. Who knew that little "mon" would make such a difference. Don't discount the black bottle of Jasmin Noir because it's completely different.

on 8/21/2013 5:11:00 PM

I am on the fence about this scent. It has nice fresh citrusy smell but it doesn't last long on me- I have found that to be the case with other Bulgari scents as well. I received it as a sample when I purchased another beauty product and have worn it a couple of days. But I am not sure that I would actually go out and purchase it once the sample is gone. If I did buy it , I would try to get it in a small bottle or rollerball container. I see this a summer fragrance more than a fall fragrance because of its lack of longevity. I just don't think it would hold up well in colder temperatures.

on 6/19/2013 2:22:00 PM

What a beautiful, elegant, fresh scent this is! This has got to be the prettiest jasmine perfume that I have ever smelled. On the initial spray, Mon Jasmine Noir seems very sweet, more of a cool weather fragrance. But the dry down is amazing - fresh, spicy nougat and jasmine. Pretty, feminine and sexy, lovely for both day or night. But I think this will be an especially nice going out/evening scent. Love this!

on 3/5/2013 11:51:00 AM

I'm a gal that sticks with a fragrance for a long time before switching. Picked this one up at a duty free shop. Love this scent. My preference is fruity (have also loved Burberry Weekend for Women). I like the notes in this one. Three spritzes on my decollete in the morning and a little rubbed onto my wrists. Lasts all day, but not as heavy as a full perfume.

I have a love-hate relationship with this perfume. First time I smelled it in a sample (one of the little peel off perfume things in magazines and store ads), it was HEAVENLY, which of course prompted me to buy it. The first few times I wore it, it was pretty close to expectations. Starts off kind of a like a crisp orangey smell, which only lasts a few minutes. It then turns into flowers galore. Not an overpowering kind of floral, but light (I have no idea why this is named "noir". There's nothing "noir" about it. It's all light, white floral scents). The drydown is my favorite. It's warm and soft, kind of earthy, but still with a floral feel to it. However, after I wore it a few times, it started to give me a horrible, horrible headache, smell extremely powdery, and broke me out in a rash all over my arms, stomach, and chest (only spray my wrists, nothing else, and my arms didn't touch my stomach at all). I know for a fact it's the perfume because I tried on several differenct occasions just to make sure it wasn't something else, but yes, it's sadly this. I wish it would smell like it did to begin with, but something in my chemistry must've changed that now makes it smell awful. It's definitely a perfume worth a try if you don't have sensitive skin, because it really does smell nice, just not for me. The sillage isn't great, you have to be fairly close to smell it, but loud floral perfumes can be very overpowering so that's not really a bad thing in my eyes.

on 8/24/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Where've you been all my life??

It's not often I sample a perfume and go "Wow! but this is exactly what happened when I tried this at the perfume store. I knew instantly that this would work for me and sure enough there is nothing about it I don't like.

It's definitely what I'd call a pretty scent. Not too over-powering but has presence enough to envelop anyone with it's charismatic fragrance.

It's modern without being a slave to fashion but at the same time it has a timeless quality.

For me it's a fruity/flowery blend, at times I cannot decide which presents itself more fully. However, the combination works for me and I think I'm in love with this.

I would definitely buy this again. I could easily wear it as an everyday scent but also on an evening out.

I don't know if it's a perfume that would get you noticed, but it definitely makes you feel pretty when wearing it.

Love it.