October 31, 2014 | 1115 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Fruits & Passion - Cucina Regenerating Hand Creme (any scent)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fruits&Passion, a Canadian bath&body brand, is a company that was introduced to me when my friend Stephanie sent me a few of their products in a swap. I previously raved about the Grapefruit&Guava Body Cream. Today I'm back with the with the Cucina Oregano&Green Citrus Regenerating Hand Cream, and I'm equally excited. Fruits&Passion says their Cucina line of hand creams "unite all the benefits of the olive tree. It contains three olive tree extracts, which help rejuvenate skin, leaving it soft and smooth. First cold pressed olive oil and olive unsaponifiables restore moisture to dishpan hands. Olive leaf extracts tone and protects. Its simply delightful, kitchen-friendly hand care." I really love that this is marketed as specifically kitchen friendly. I received a tiny 25ml (.85 fl oz) tube in our swap. The smallest size currently available is 1.35 fl oz and sells for $5. An 8.4 fl oz size is also available for $22.50. Fruits&Passion is a cruelty free brand. This hand cream is vegan and made in Canada. Fruits&Passion products can be bought through the brand's website, at Fruits&Passion stores in Canada, Switzerland, UAE, and Korea, and e-tailers like soap.com.
I really like the packaging for this pocket sized hand cream, its somewhat reminiscent of L'Occitane's hand creams. The Oregano&Green Citrus Regenerating Hand Cream comes in a squeeze tube with a black cap. The front of the tube features the product name and herb leaves. The back of the tube offers and ingredient list, directions, and a declaration of this product's veganism.
Fruits&Passion's Cucina Regenerating Hand Cream is a thin, white lotion. This cream is instantly hydrating and has a cooling feel, which is pretty refreshing after having your hands in latex gloves all day long. For those that don't know, I'm the head cook at a restaurant, so my hands take quite a beating. Cuts, burns, chemical exposure, and lots of washing and sanitizing. As you can imagine, I have almost unreasonably high standards for hand creams. Surprisingly, Fruits&Passion's lives up to those super high expectations! Not greasy at all, very quick to absorb, with the perfect amount of long lasting moisture. Best of all, it seems to help treat and heal rough patches and little burns. The Cucina Regenerating Hand Cream actually makes my hands look good. The scent of Fruits&Passion's Oregano&Green Citrus is neutral, bland, but fresh. It mainly has a generic lotion scent with a very mild herbal scent. The scent doesn't really matter though, it fades immediately.
Fruits&Passion's Cucina Regenrating Hand Cream is really good! No, it doesn't quite beat out the Garnier 7 Day Intensive Cream, but it's a close second. The formula is excellent; light but very hydrating and soothing. My hands go through a lot, and Fruits&Passion's hand cream helps them forget about a rough day. Would I repurchase it? Probably not, for a hand cream its kinda pricey; Garnier's is cheaper for a lot more product and it performs marginally better. However, if you like to splurge, I definitely recommend Fruits&Passion's Cucina Regenerating Hand Cream, especially if you work in the food industry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by eliaslauren

My hands get disgusting in the winter and this stuff is my saving grace. The natural shea butter that they use in this hand cream is fantastic. I will never use anything else and the fragrances they come in are so naturally yummy smelling, it can't be beat by any of the artificial stuff for sure. For the winter that I worked in their store, my cuticles were gorgeous and even my nails always seemed to look better. Highly recommend this, especially since it dries on your hands well and leaves them feeling soft but never greasy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

I like Fruits & Passion products and often stop by their store at the mall for last minute gifts and little indulgenses. These come in small tubes and are usualy kept in baskets next to the cash register and I think they were 3 for $10. They moisturise ok but the smell... Its so strong, even after one hour it feels as if you had just put it on. They have a selection of fragrances, but, after a while they all smell the same. Herbally strong. One last thing, don't keep them in your purse, they leak. I have a good idea where they will end up since nobody wants them, even my 11 years old friends are not interested. Thank god I didn't give them as hostess gifts, I don't think I would have gotten any more invitations...