January 25, 2015 | 1617 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 8:26:00 AM More reviews by yc01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently found my ancient! empty refillable bottle of Angel edp. I opened and smelled it. It still smells wonderful and very lovely. I am planning to buy a new bottle of Alien and after smelling and remembering how lovely Angel smells (after 10 years), I think I may add a refill bottle of Angel to my order. We, people of 21st century, are fast consummateurs, easily bored of everything, unfortunately underestimate the things from the past. I read some negative comments about Angel here (in fact, some of them were insults and were very rude in spite of the efforts for using reel politiques). What a pity!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 7:36:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Oh my lol
I really wanted to try this and now that I have I am blown away and not in a good way.
The scent was a real turn off to me. Very generic smelling and a huge headache.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by JoySun1

I have only tried Angel once and that was enough. I have heard and read a lot about it and that if I didn't like Alien I would like this; and I didn't like Alien. I sprayed it on and immediately recognized it. I have smelled it a lot and didn't recognize it as a perfume but assumed it was fabric softener/perfume mating that produced a monster offspring, a rub for strained muscles, some weird herbal alcoholic beverage someone had spilled, a cleaning solution, a man who ran out one can of AXE and finished his spray down with a different AXE smell. . . . I tried one tiny spray on the back of my hand. By the time I got out of the store the smell had grown so big I was embarrassed. Other than patchouli I couldn't tell you the notes. It seemed very medicinal in an unpleasant way--a nausea inducing potion, too--and all I could focus on was getting it off me. I tried to wash it of in a filling station bathroom but that didn't affect it. Then I got home and used hand soap. Then I used dish soap. Then both again. I could still smell it for hours although not as strong. I can say I tried it now, at least, and I know what that strange smell I encounter everywhere is now. I won't try it again much less buy it. I recommend it for those occasions you don't want people too close and hermits.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

To be blunt, this scent smells disgusting on me. The top note smells like stinky cigars and cheap whiskey then the dry down turns into old stinky cigars and a filthy locker room. To say this did not mesh well with my body chemistry is a gross understatement of the decade. And to be honest, I wanted it to work for me,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by bagonzalez9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a strong perfume, but it's nice. It's definetely a winter scent, too strong to wear it in summer, I enjoy it, and one sprits is enough, i don't think I will need to repurchase since I have the 3.4 oz bottle and so many other perfumes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AngelicVirgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite perfume of all time. It's sweet but rich. It's not everyone's cup of tea, to me this take me back to great memories when I wear it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

To me, this smells almost like a Christmas tree. I used to hate this scent but I've learned to appreciate it. And I think it's complex and wonderful. It has patchouli and chocolate in it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the most over-worn scent I know of! When it first came out, ages ago, I got it and adored it. It will enter the room before you do if you don't use it sparingly as it is very potent. Being that SO many women wore/wear this scent, I never repurchased my huge bottle of it. It's kind of like an oldie song that's been worn out on the radio..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

for me to write a review of a fragrance the first time i try it, it must be pretty outstanding one way or another, and angel truly is. i think most of the negativity surrounding angel is that the fragrance market has been bowdlerized to the point where whatever you buy, at whatever price, smells like cheap shampoo. nothing wrong with that, but why wear perfume at all then? why spend $100ish on fragrance when you can just buy a pleasant body spray for $15 tops?

angel dates to 1992, a time when the first "dumbed down" fragrances came on the market (and eventually took over). the modern 21st century nose will associate strong, bold scents with "old ladies" and while i certainly don't love all such perfumes, i do prefer a heavier, richer, truer fragrance. this is one of them.

this is an extremely well-orchastrated gourmand and i find that while i hate patchouli on its own, it has been blended well here to give depth to chocolate and candy notes.

i will almost certainly get a bottle of this one day (or maybe a body cream). this is not necessarily an every day scent (it can be) but this makes me think of fall/winter festivities in particular, just beautiful!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Alayna1011

The most foul, disgusting perfume I have ever smelled in my life. Smells like a hippie's armpit (one that works in a headshop and hasn't taken a shower in months). I don't detect vanilla, chocolate, or anything "gourmand" about this. Just nasty skanky CHEAP smelling patchouli. I feel sorry for the people who wear this because they don't know how utterly gross they smell (trust me, those "compliments" you get "all the time" are just ppl trying to find out the fragrance so they can avoid it, and are just being polite).

Absolutely vile.