Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 8/2/2015 8:17:00 PM

Angel - a polarizing and therefore a very interesting scent. A classic now .
Having read reviews of Angel , i find most people who are turned off by Angel .. dislike the strong green patchouli note at the start. in the EDP , it is a very pronounced patchouli opening .
I find Angel goes through 3 phases ( EDP )
1. The strident, greenish patchouli start
2.A cologne like - citrussy , light fruit middle
3. A candy gourmand sweetish dry down
Hang around for the dry down . I find the patchouli and the cologne like facets last about half an hour and the then the dry down will last forever.
One review said they found Angel mystical ...on the Sephora website. I can see that point of view because although Angel dries down to a clear gourmand... it is not the sticky gourmand of cheaper perfumes .It is smooth ,blended and almost like a sugary cloud of an aura. I guess the dry down of Angel and the essence of Angel ..is.... it is an aura. and in that sense., yes ,mystical and angelic.
Angels are unisex. They are tough , they are warriors but they are also heavenly and essentially good. I can really see how the perfume tries to show that with the bracing opening to the heavenly dry down . If you see / think of Angel in this way, you will understand its olfactory evolution.
I find Angel fascinating and I will continue to wear it.
Contrary to what i have read, Angel is NOT overly strong . It actually provides an excellent sillage. I find this to be lacking in so many reformulated and newer politically correct . fragrances post IFRA.
I wear Angel in defiance of the politically correct and the IFRA !!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the EDP. It was a gift from my husband .
Yes I now love Angel.

on 7/31/2015 12:30:00 PM

I was given a sample of this when I bought perfume for my Dad's birthday several years ago. I really liked how complex and multi-layered the scent is when I smelled it from the vial/bottle, but I was afraid of putting on too much so I just dabbed a teeny bit on my pulse points. My sister and mom complimented me when I wore this, but I found that as the day went on, how the scent mixed with my body chemistry somehow gave me a headache. Isn't it frustrating when other people love a certain scent on you but you cannot stand it on yourself? Sigh. Anyway, this scent reminds me a bit of Christmas, and I will always like smelling it off the bottle, but this just isn't for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i have this product and i love it . all you need is a little it stays with you until you wash it off.

on 6/18/2015 2:39:00 PM

I first bought this about 20 years ago, and I still oftentimes go back to it for a late Fall/ Winter scent. I am bad with notes, so I will just describe what I smell.. a warm, inviting, comforting scent, imo. This lasts all day for me, a good 12+ hours, and that is only using one or two sprays and just 'walking into' the spray. And yet it is not overpowering when first sprayed, nor any time of the day, for that matter. I find the dry-down smell is pretty much the same as when it is first applied. Does not turn a funny or funky smell as the day wears on, just stays that warm, inviting, comforting smell. I know many love the shape of the bottle as a collector's item or whatever, but I would be happy if the bottle stood up right like a normal bottle. But that is just a trivial personal thing. I will say that sometimes I opt for the rollerball bc to me the bottle is kind of irksome. I would gladly and happily pay the full price of a regular bottle if it was shaped to stand up right like a regular bottle. But alas, again, that is just personal preference, and I know the majority love the shape of the bottle!!! ;-) I love being able to pull this out and knowing I can use it, because it means my favorite time of the year is here, Fall and Winter!! <3 I just think this is a classy scent, sophisticated, mature (not old!!!) woman scent, probably not for young gals or teens. I started wearing this when I was about 24 or 25 and was getting "settled" and comfortable in life and with life....So it has kind of a special place in my heart because of that, too. Funny how a scent can do that. ;-)

on 6/4/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like chocolate covered pineapple with a tinge of cologne.

on 5/17/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I smell my wrist all day when I wear it. I love this stuff. Men love it. I wear this and coco mademoiselle.

on 5/10/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Heavy, cloying, and headache-inducing. Good thing I didn't eat anything because I'd be upchucking right about now.

This was my favorite perfume for a very long time. It's a little stong but if you use a light hand it smells fantastic.. kinda exotic and spicy. I didn't like the packaging. Mine was the star shaped bottle and it didn't sit up nicely

on 4/4/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I will keep buying this until I'm sadly no longer here I just love it and it will always be a reminder of some of my best memories, one smell of this and I'm transported love love love love it 😊😍💖💋💙

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Sigh, I love Angel. I wish I had bought this when I was younger, but I listened to another's opinion instead of buying something that I thought smelled so delicious. My advice, is to try this perfume on your skin, and if you like it, wear it! And don't listen to what anyone else has to say! Men really LOVE this perfume too! On me, it starts out with earthy patchouli, cotton candy, and luscious red berries, but after a few hours it transforms into a warm chocolate & vanilla scent. I love smelling my clothes after they've had Angel on them for days, because they just smell like chocolate! And I love how two sprays is all it takes for days of this lovely perfume..I'm on my second bottle and I will keep buying this!

I really want the lotion, and hair perfume too... I'm going to pick it up next time I'm at Sephora with extra money...And I keep reading how people think this perfume is best in cold weather, and I can't disagree more! This perfume is more delicious and sexy in hot weather and on hot skin...It always smells better on me after it warms up and adjusts to my body chemistry.. I've also noticed that more European women love this scent, and I understand why! I personally love stuff from VS and Bath and Body Works, but often I don't want to smell like everyone else. And I don't know anyone who wears this where I live. And I really love how Mugler doesn't test on animals!!!!

Popular Fragrances