Thierry Mugler Angel

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This smells terrible!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Too musky and earthy for me, I can smell something sweet under the musk maybe a vanilla but it's buried under a scent I dislike. I don't despise this as much as some other people do but it's not for me. Staying power is good though, so if you like it you can enjoy it all day lol. Would not repurchase.

I was newly married when my sister introduced me to this beauty. I fell in love the first time I smelled this seductive, warm, inviting and addictive scent. Yes, I was a young married woman, but I fell head over heels, lustfully embracing her daily! She kissed the back of my neck, lovingly played in my long hair, stroked my wrists and caressed my chest in an intimate embrace (not at the same time, I think 2 or 3 sprays are quite enough and I do not believe in being doused in fragrance so much as to have your scent walk in the door before you do). It has been a torrid love affair! Despite having tried several other perfumes (and enjoyed many of them) I can't imagine being parted for long from this sexy girl! Her and I are not a secret, this is the one perfume I wear that consistently has BOTH men AND women asking me what I am wearing and complimenting me. I actually get stopped most frequently at the grocery store, even having people turn their carts around as they try to find who or what that delectable scent is! It am always happy to tell anyone. Especially young men who want to get this for their wife or girlfriend! I do not care if the world wants to revel in Angel, she certainly shouldn't belong only to me! I must say, she doesn't smell the same on everyone. On both my sister and I, she is something that I can only try and describe as a combination of incense, fresh Christmas trees, caramel vanilla with a touch of clove or spice. It is intoxicating on us, but I have smelled this on my friend who tried a sample of this while we were out shopping one day and she could not wait to get it off! And it just did not smell the same on her. Perhaps there really is something to be said about chemistry. Please do NOT try this on paper! This must warm up to properly reflect all the notes. I think it is nearly a crime to test perfumes in a price of paper that is cold and has nothing of your natural scent and chemistry on it! Test on your skin and I hope your affair begins! My husband still, nearly 20 years later, compliments me every time I wear this! It is a date night staple!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i am one of the Angel lovers, haha...I can see how some would hate it but to me it smells so good! I love a deep, warm scent in winter and this is all of that. It lasts and lasts and I just love it! It's a nineties classic! I wear it out and at night more than a daily thing but I will always have this on hand and I think I'll be wearing this in the grave!

It is STRONG so if you are easily offended by scent I would give this a pass but I encourage everybody to try it and to give it a test run. It really has to dry down and then it's wonderful. It does not work on everybody and if your not into gourmand perfumes (think: food) then this isn't for you. Very complicated and very lush.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I actually really love the smell of Angel. It is beautiful, although not for the faint of heart. It is a bit foody and reminds me of drizzling, spicy gingerbread, but the more sophisticated version! It's deep, dark, almost incense-like,there's a chocolate note in there, and it makes me want to keep smelling it. All of these qualities describe how I like my scents. I can smell the patchouli in this. The downside: a. it's expensive, although they have the refill bottles and b. some people absolutely HATE it. My mom can't stand to even be around the smell. It is definitely not for the office, and it is seriously one of the most powerful perfumes. A little bit goes a very long way, and I like to be mindful of choosing when to use it. This is why I ranked it 4 lippies out of 5. That being said, I have gotten compliments. I suppose it is a love/hate thing. I've been told it smells very sexy. I'd describe it that way too. Sexy, bold, unique.

This is one of those scents that smells amazing on one person and horrid on another (similar to what Alien can do as well) or can smell so good to one person, and not that great to another! I decided to give this another try after trying the EDT and it being so not good on me...the EDP however smells amazing on me! I worked with a woman who wore this, I'm pretty sure she wears the EDT and it smells so nice on her, my chemistry just argues with it and goes super hella powdery weird on me. I was so pleased by the way the EDP wares on me though - it's creamy, sweet, cozy..with just a touch of spiciness! I feel if you wear gourmand fragrances and can pull off warm vanilla scents, and you're maybe looking for something a tad different, give this one a try. I recommend trying both the EDP and EDT as they can be slightly different than the other. It's definitely not a fragrance that everyone or anyone can wear.

I was given Angel shower gel and lotion for Christmas from my hubby. First of all he knows my fave is Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche....but the sales assoc at Shoppers Drug Mart lead him astray. I suspect they don't carry Chanel because she told him it has been "discontinued" (ahem...if he'd gone to the Bay as I told him to do they have it) and he asked her to select something similar.

Well I think Angel is about as opposite from Chance Eau Fraiche as is possible to be. I hate it.

My take on Angel is that it is sickening sweet, cloying and just not a well balanced fragrance. I used to enjoy heavier oriental fragrances years ago(70's-80's) such as Bal a Versailles, Youth Dew, Shalimar but Angel has none of their class.

I am taking methotrexate for RA and it has affected my sense of smell and some stuff just nauseates me, Angel falls in that category.

Luckily my sister loves Angel and her birthday is in February. For myself I will hightail it to the Bay and get my beloved Eau Fraiche shower gel.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really hate this fragrance. It is overpowering cloying and yet for some reason very popular. It is gag worthy rancid sweet. I must be honest thouth. A womsn that i absolutley loathe wears this and it reminds me of her

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

If there were an intelligent species of alien who viewed us as mindless vermin, much as we view cockroaches, then the poisoned bait they'd strew across the planet in a desperate attempt to exterminate us would doubtless smell very much like Angel.

---

I don't much care for it when people talk about being nauseated by fragrances (unless they really do mean that it causes a literal physical reaction in them, like a migraine or an allergic response). Saying that something smells so bad that it makes you sick...it just seems a little tactless to me, you know? I mean, you're basically telling people who like and wear the fragrance that you think they smell gross. It's just not very polite.

So please understand that when I say that Angel turns my stomach, I am not using that phrase as a shorthand for claiming that I think it smells bad (or that you smell bad while wearing it). On the contrary, Angel smells...well, it smells both good *and* bad to me, both tasty and inedible, and that's the combination that causes all the trouble. It's that particular combination of edible/poisonous that triggers nausea in me, as if it causes some primal part of my lizard brain to wake up and start screaming in alarm. It's a combination that doesn't register so much as offensive or "icky" to me as it does as actively *dangerous,* because that combination of "Yummy...oh, no, but wait--" is the sign of food gone bad, a warning of incipient food poisoning. Or even worse, perhaps it's the smell of deliberate *bait.* It's the evil witch's gingerbread house, the sweetness down the gullet of the Venus Flytrap, the urban legend's Halloween apples with razor blades hidden inside of them. It's an Admiral Ackbar sort of thing: one whiff, and every nerve in my body starts screaming "No, don't go near it! It's a TRAAAAAAP!" It's tainted candy, poisoned honey, chocolate laced with arsenic. If there's amber here, then we are the flies.

Angel is to me what I imagine a delicious-looking wriggling worm with a barbed hook sticking through it might be to a sapient fish. Uhhh, yeah. You guys can have that one all to yourselves, thanks. I...I really wasn't hungry anyway.

This is one strong perfume, you can smell it from an arms length away. Personally I don't have it but it seems to be the only perfume that hot people are wearing these days. So far I've come across several young ladies, hot and sweaty like they've just been to gym and the smell of Angel 😇 projects from them, more than an arms length away. Then a sales lady hot and flustered also smelling strongly of Angel so I associate Angel with heat. I don't even want to try a tester of this perfume.

Popular Fragrances