October 31, 2014 | 1374 users online

Fragrances - Giorgio Armani - Armani Prive Rose D'Arabie

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Narsfanatic

It was love on first sniff. There is nothing green about this rose. It's a dark velvety mature rose, a Damascus rose. The prominent oud and patchouli compliments it well. Somewhere down this sensuous journey, I get a whiff of saffron and vanilla. A dark, mysterious, sexual, oriental blend. However the silage is disappointing, it's lasts only a couple of hours on me before it dissipates into nothing. And I have to say on hot days the scent becomes too sweet and cloying. So this is a perfect scent during the colder months

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

'Shwets' has described this accurately. I really love the rose in this perfume. It mixes well with the other notes and creates a certain sexiness and complexity. The black heavy glass bottle is gorgeous with it's golden stopper. For the price $240 Cdn i wished it would have lasted longer. It lasts abouts 6 hours on me at the max; after which i cannot smell anything. Regardless I will repurchase because this fragrance is truly unique. I will have to admit that it is very reminescent of the Middle East. I was afraid it would smell more like incense but I'm so glad it doesn't. Very well done perfume!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by coolfreshair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't wait to try this. I'd read some reviews and thought it would be simply wonderful.

I rushed to Selfridges to try some and wasn't initially impressed upon initial spray, but I'm quite patient. I didn't hate it which was good - so I waited to see how it would develop.

On me, it didn't develop into anything significant. In fact, there was defintely a bitter undertone to it.

With a price-tag of £200+ I was really expecting something special, not a non-descript aroma which disappears in half an hour. Even without the hefty price-tag there was nothing unique or special enough about it which would make me want to purchase it.

Needless to say I don't think this is one for my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In a way I wish I had not smelt this as I cannot stop thinking about it. I have returned to the Armani counter twice now to revisit this amazing frag. If I go past again I feel I will HAVE to purchase it. Considering it runs at $200+ this is saying something....
OK to the smell...I am not very good at this so hang in with me ...it is rose but there is nothing insipid or thin about it.This amazing rich rose is set among the most amazing cushion woodiness that is rich and even incense-y like.Patchouli and vanilla are there too but there is nothing sweet or "floriental" happening here.
The silliage is med and on me the lasting power was good though not great (this is a problem with many perfumes on me).
All in all a must try and I am afraid in my case, a must buy.

EDIT: I bought it and I love it:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by amilia5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful elegant fragrance of sweet roses. It is classy and feminine. Very expensive because it is a 100ml bottle. It is an eau de parfum, however despite what many people say, I do not think it has great lasting power, and is too subtle. However, still a gorgeous perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rose d'Arabie to me is a delicious blend of damask rose, saffron, oud and cinamon. I would never have noticed the patchouli. If an Arabian princess wore a perfume then this would be it....

Ambre Orient is another one to try for amber lovers rich and resinous - oner of the best ambers i have tried.

I wanted to add a new review and since i cannot do justice to it i have copied from fragratica below:

Armani launches new perfumes of the Privé collection in November 2010. The collection is named "La Collection des Mille et une Nuits," inspired by the medieval Arabic tales from 1001 nights. These three new heute couture perfumes depict the exotic mystery of the Orient with its warm, spicy and woody notes on the subject of rose, oud and amber.

Armani Privé La Collection des Mille et une Nuits includes three perfumes:

Oud Royal, Ambre Orient and Rose d'Arabie. The fragrances are exclusively designed for the Middle East market and are made as imitations of their traditional perfumery and local ingredients.

Rose d'Arabie combines Damascus rose with patchouli, vanilla and Arab woods.

It is packed in a black glass bottle decorated with a golden stopper.