September 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Visage Pure and Natural Cleansing Lotion

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm really surprised by the negative reviews for this product. I bought this as I prefer cleansing milks and lotions because I have dry, sensitive skin. I liked the fact that this product doesn't contain parabens or fragrances and at a very decent price, I bought this for less than 2! I found this product works best if I remove my makeup first using a micellar water and then cleanse my skin with this, but I prefer to do that anyway so my face cloths don't get makeup stains on them. My skin loved this product, it felt thoroughly cleansed after using but not dry or tight. The only reason I wouldn't buy this product again is because there are other cleansing milks that I prefer, such as the Garnier one, but this is still an excellent product and if I couldn't purchase the Garnier one, I'd probably pick this one up instead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I once read that it's completely useless to spend a lot of money (or put too much thought into) a cleanser, since it's something that's on your skin for all of 30 seconds before being rinsed right off.

That said, this is a very decent, cheap-ish (i think $10-12 a bottle, and lasts forever) that is available at the drugstore. I have dehydrated, combo skin and many makeup removers dry me out completely. This doesn't do that. On the other hand, it is NOT great at removing makeup. It does take some off, but I always follow up with a cotton pad to wipe off excess makeup, especially when I'm wearing foundation/bronzer... and if wearing eye makeup, I always have to go over my eyes with makeup remover.

It does seem to clean my skin (even better with the clarisonic) and it doesn't dry me out at ALL which is first and foremost the most important thing for me.

I guess it all depends on your skin type. If you have dry skin and don't mind that this doesn't completely burn off your makeup (like some of those abrasive/alcohol based cleansers do) then this is for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this Cleanser. I used to have blackheads on my nose and some on my forehead, but after using this product, i neved had to worry over that. Before using it my skin was not soft at all, which I wasn't happy about, but after using it my sking became smooth, hydrated and clean. I could feel the air getting into my pores, my skin was "breathing" again, I guess. After using up 2 or 3 bottles my blackheads have never returned. Unfortunately, it's a really expensive product, for me at least... But to be honest it's worth the try and money, since a bottle lasts pretty long.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Absolutely dreadful product. This DOES NOT remove makeup. Any time I tried to use it to take makeup off, when I followed up with a toner, tonnes of makeup still came off on the cotton pad. As well, this leaves behind a terrible residue which makes you feel like you put more crap on your skin, not cleaned it! Horrible product. Wouldn't recommend it to my dog.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by dqzhuzi

I have used up 3 bottles of it. A bit shocked with such a low rate here...Well I only use it as face make up remover. And I think it's very good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by joana7

Nice make-up remover! I like the fact that it is natural but still budget friendly. Also, it does what it is supposed to do. Mind that it is not to be used in the area around eyes. Very soft smell and creamy consistence. Very mild to skin. I would recommend this for dry skin types or just as a winter make-up remover for normal/combination skin types. The only reason why I will not purchase is that I have started using coconut oil as a make-up remover and will continue doing so.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by MelissaQu

I try to buy more natural products when looking for face cleansers/creams. I have combo skin - oily and dry - depending on teh weather. My girlfriend suggested Nivea Pure and Naturals (she doesn't use it, but she does use other Nivea face products) after I had a reaction to the lavendar in my previous face care line.

I absolutely love this cleanser! It is the only cleanser I've ever used that didn't make my skin feel tight after washing. It's not super great for taking off eye make-up, but I don't wear a lot, so that's a non-issue for me. I follow with the Pure and Naturals Toner (does contain alchohol).

I also love the Nivea Pure and Naturals moisturizing day cream (no spf, though). I'm not in love with the Pure and Naturals Night Cream as it's not moisturizing enough for me, but I use Coconut Oil at night, anyways :)

I see other reviews for this product, and they aren't positve, but we all have different skin, and, for some reason, this just works for me :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

I don't like the smell , it prickles my eyes and face ( I have a SENSITIVE face)
The bottle is too big - i bought it only cause where i was i couldnt find any natural make up remover / cleanser .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As someone who is guilty of dreaming up excuses to spend money on skincare, I have to admit that makeup remover is something you can get on the cheap. I like that this is in "lotion" form, which makes removing makeup a more tender process than, say, oil or water, because you don't feel the cotton pad brushing against your skin when you wipe your makeup off. Literally, I see no difference in effect between this and Nuxe's cleansing milk, and the latter is about 15. That said, I do think it is too strongly scented for a natural product, and the scent gets tiring. The heavy residue is true, so I always wipe with toner afterwards. Wouldn't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. I got this as part of a kit for Christmas, and was initially hesitant to use it because I have acne-prone & oily skin. When I use cleansers that aren't in some way geared towards those things, nothing good ever happens. I used it for a bit, and other than it removing literally every trace of makeup from my entire face, it didn't improve anything. I started to break out, and definitely noticed that nasty film feeling other reviews were talking about. I still use it to remove makeup from my eye area, but I've moved on to cleansers better suited to my needs. If you have great skin already, and no acne to worry about... it might work for you? Maybe?