October 23, 2014 | 1878 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco Shine Chance # 56

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite lipsticks to wear with a smokey eye. It's a gorgeous baby pink that's very sexy and soft. It's not too pale where it washes me out or looks nude at all. Just a perfect light, angelic pink. My lips are fairly pigmented and it still shows up well on me without a lot of building up even though it's one of those formulas that I tend to swipe on in layers. It's pretty effortless, something I love about this line in general. The semi-sheer formulas let me swipe it on without worrying too much about being precise. It feels very lightweight and adds some moisture, and I don't mind reapplying since it feels so much like a lip balm. I love the shiny finish too. Nice slim packaging, so easy to throw in a tiny purse. I've already repurchased this color once and I'd absolutely keep buying it. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This 56# is very feminine and good for a date. The texture of it is moisturizing and shine which I love the most!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was never one to pull off nude lipsticks. And after trying almost every shade I gave up. After a drought of wearing no lip color of any sorts, I got Chance in a swap. I was suddenly beginning to realize that maybe pinks were my form of 'nude', and Chance confirmed that. It's a very smooth sheer pink. The best way to describe the color is just an overall 'healthy' looking pink. It has enough color pigmentation to be considered a lipstick, but with the added smoothness and moisturizing power of a balm. This stays on me for a decent amount of time. I can get 3-4 hours out of it, and that's fine with me. Chance gives me such a healthy glow to my face and just lights up my complexion. This being one of the only lipsticks I use, I may repurchase in the future. To give a comparison, if you like the Dior Color Reviver Balm, I think you would love Chance. They are very similar in that they are bright healthy pinks, and have excellent moisturizing properties.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looking at pictures of this lipstick it looks like some Barbie Pink freak show but as the Coco Rouge Shine lippies are very sheer this comes off a lot less garish than one would first think. it veers towards a cool-toned pink. You can build up the colour slightly if you want a stronger pink lip. I would have thought this colour would rock on darker skinned girlies but it also suits my fair NC20 complexion.

I quite like the colour. The sheerness means constant top-ups throughout the day. It's a nice lippie but I am sure that Lancome and Clarins particularly would do a much better job at the sheer lipsticks which would cost less.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by kittykatkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down the best lip product I have EVER used! I cannot say enough good things about it. It gives the prettiest wash of color and the most gorgeous shine. Not to mention how moisturizing it is! Lip products tend to dry out my lips no matter what, so this is a great find. Don't let the price scare you...it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by TineAurora1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful color! I really love this lipstick. The formula is perfect for me, it gives shine and the color goes really nicely with my skintone and makes me look fresh and awake. I would really recommend, and I would repurchase even though it's pretty expensive where I live. The texture is smooth and this is the kind of lipstick you can apply without a mirror on hand. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by snakelover9182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick on an impulse, but oh boy am i glad i did! This is my second high end lipstick. I like lipsticks that aren't too opaque, and would give a lightweight feeling since spring is rolling around. This fit the bill for sure. It's a beautiful color for spring too. If you put on one layer, it gives a light wash of color, and if you put on a second coat, the color builds nicely. The formula is smooth and water-like, and moisturizes nicely, although the slippery-ness disappears fairly soon, the color seems to stay on my lips. The packaging is very nice. I never realized how crappy drugstore packaging was!! This would be my favorite lipstick, except it's very expensive. Around 40 dollars i think.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by gorki

First of all, I have to say how surprised I was to see how pigmented this lipstick is. It is not opaque, of course, but it does give a very good color pay off with the most gorgeous shine ever. The color is amazing, a very fresh pink, not too bright though, it is still very wearable. I feel like every time I wear it, it makes my face look younger and more awake.
This is a must have, I love it and will repurchase it!

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No