April 17, 2014 | 1638 users online

Stick - Vichy - Dermablend Ultra Corrective Cream Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hlillico

This product is pretty good. It covers fairly well. I don't use it as foundation all over because I have patches of dry skin and this would accentuate it. I do like to use it on hyperpigmentation I have from acne scarring. I think it works really well on top of a foundation for spot control. I just rub my finger on the stick and swirl it a bit to heat up the product on my finger, then I dab on. It's about $30 in Canada, but I think that is a fairly reasonable price compared to Sephora items. Would maybe repurchase, except this thing will last me forever since I only use it on spots, not all over.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyB94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this over the summer and have reached for it quite a bit. I knows its supposed to be a foundation but I use it as a concealer. It covers red spots and scarring really well. I lasts on scarring/red spots all day but doesn't seem to last very long on pimples. It also covers the dark circles under my eyes. Not sure if I'll be repurchasing yet. I have yet to find my HG concealer but this is the best I've tried so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product covers amazingly, but it's not worth buying at all. I've never used a product that broke my skin out so badly. More than half the ingredients are known to be comedogenic yet the package says non-comedogenic. In my experience, this was the worst foundation i've ever used.

This product is just too thick. Not only did is cause pimple and blackheads, it also caused milia under my eye. Even if I wore it for 3 or 4 hours, i'd get a new pimple. If I used it to cover and existing pimple that I had treated, it would aggravate it so badly.

Also there were no shades to match girls with nc15-20 ish skin.

I wrote a detailed article about what it did to my face. Pictures of the damage included.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by LuckyLucifer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, but do not like the price. I find that for what I use it for (covering small scars on my face, minor redness, and the occasional pimple) I could get away with spending less for a (potentially) lesser quality coverup stick.

I like the texture (smooth) and find it very build-able (some days I need a bit more coverage than others, so this handles that need as well). I like that it is unscented and has no-frills packaging. I am a bit concerned about future drying out of the product in the tube, but I've owned mine for 10 months and it is still very usable now.

I use my finger to on the stick (swirl it around lightly to kind of warm the product) then using my finger, I dab it on to my spots.

For my skin, which is combination and prone to dryness only in certain areas, I find this product looks and holds best when used over a face primer. Without the primer, this product tends to accentuate the flakiness I can get around the base of my nose.

The girl who helped me buy this product had me torn between the pink-hued shade or the yellow-hued shade. I did not find either colour to match my skin ideally, and would say that is one major drawback of this product. (However, I think most all concealers and foundations have that issue with someone - it seems impossible for one product line to match all skin tones!)

I would only buy this product again only after I had tried a few less expensive alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by xoxoangel

This is by far the best concealer I've ever tried! If you have sensitive skin like mine, this is a great choice - it's noncomedogenic, unscented, and hypoallergenic. One of the few concealers that haven't broken me out.

The coverage is AMAZING, and incredibly long-lasting. If your skin is oily (or during the hot summer days), use a setting powder. If you have normal skin, you could totally skip it. However, it may be a tad bit drying for dry skin, so make sure you prep with lots of moisturizer or use a facial mist.

It's pretty versatile as well. For a lighter coverage, warm it on the back of your hand. For a fuller coverage, use your finger or brush and apply it directly.You could definitely swap this for a foundation.

It took me a while to figure out what shade to get, but I eventually settled on the Nude. I suggest you to go a shade darker if you have scarring. If you have a light to medium skintone with a lot of heavy scarring/dark circles, I definitely recommend this shade - its warmer tone really camouflages dark discoloration well. On the more even areas or during the winter, I mix in a small bit of foundation (I use Estee Lauder Double Wear) to make it lighter. If you don't have dark scarring, go with the shade that matches your skintone best.

The only complaint I have is that it breaks easily. I dropped it once and the lid chipped. Now, the lid falls off easily and it's annoying when it's in your makeup bag and smears everywhere (so try not to drop it!). But nonetheless, the stick packaging is really convenient - it's compact and it fits into your makeup bag easily.

My final verdict? Yes, it is expensive, but you get much more product compared to the Benefit or Bobby Brown ones (which have more or less the same price). It's great quality, and long lasting (for me, it lasts 4 to 6 months, and I use it with quite a heavy hand!) Definitely worth it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jrockfreq

I'm a competitive dancer and therefore, often have lower back revealing outfits which show off a dark birth mark I'm not such a big fan of. I asked the woman at my local drugstore about different products, and she recommended this one for me, as well the woman at a lazer treatment facility (she persuaded me in to this over surgery).
I use this with the Dermablend setting powder, and to be honest, the coverage isn't what I'd hope for. But considering my birth mark is VERY dark, it does a pretty good job. It also stays through my sweating and the setting powder is a dream- but I dins the colour match is VERY off and orange-tinted from my skin tone... so, it didn't work for me, but I could definitely see it being useful for someone else who enjoys the convenience of a stick foundation and doesn't have anything TOO dark to cover up... it should work well on acne and rashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- oh my am changing rating to a 5. I am using this on my mild melasma after pregnancy, and under eyes. Great texture. Does not crease lasts hours with powder, and reeeeally covers! I was silly to expect this to do the job of a foundation too. It is a wonderful concealer! Have been using for days without anything to complain about.
The liquid version works so much better for me. This is a bit more difficult to work with so I apply with sponge in sheer layer, n blend with fingers. It's fine for under eyes n acne coverage, but overall I like liquid version more. That is my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

I am not loving this stuff...right now anyways. I find it super drying and it just seems to make my acne spots more prominent.
I will continue to try this as my skin clears. I'm sure it will be awesome on a flat scar rather than a raised pimple.
I have switched back to my MAC studio fix concealer for the meantime, but I am absolutely loving the Dermablend foundation.

Will review again later once my skin has cleared up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by eddiecatt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am relatively new to concealers, but was driven to them by the stubborn melasma on my upper lip that makes me look like I have a mustache. I first tried the NARS creamy concealer, which despite the great reviews does not work great. But I got this yesterday and am really pleased--it is the only thing I've found so far that covers up my really pigmented spots, and when dabbed on with a concealer brush, it actually requires relatively little product to do the trick so this will last me a long time! It seems to stay put without a problem for hours--no caking or sliding. The color I got--sand--is a bit too pinkish for my yellow-based complexion, but it blends well.

I'm really grateful for this product because, as all you ladies with melasma know, this is a very depressing condition. Being able to cover up my fake 'stache will calm me down a lot and I won't be tempted to resort to desperate measures such as laser or hydroquinone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is another discovery I made while looking for a drier thicker coverage concealer (see my other review on NARS Stick Concealer).

This is an expensive product for concealer (around $30) but it will last you a while. The coverage is heavy if that is what you want, it doesn't disappoint. I think given that I like drier concealers to cover moles, I'm trying to find the right combo of primer and setting powder so it lasts and the concealer doesn't just smear away. But this would be a go to product that I have to have around since I need a full coverage concealer that doesn't just disappear with a swipe of your hand.

Best for strategic coverage spots and not so much for under your eyes since it's a drier formulation.