October 23, 2014 | 1878 users online

Stick - Vichy - Dermablend Ultra Corrective Cream Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by BridgetV11

I had such high expectations for this product after watching a Lisa Eldridge tutorial in which she used it to cover a model's acne.

Needless to say, I was so disappointed. This product made my acne look worse than it is by settling in fine cracks and flakes around my healing acne spots. It was truly a nightmare to blend. A little does, in theory, go a long way in terms of colour coverage but the formula was so, so bad for me.

I use Hard Candy's Glamoflage to much better results at a quarter of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by SGramada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I use to use Quo liquid concealer but I noticed it would wear out throughout the day. I kept going from concealer to concealer finding one to cover imperfections that I had. I decided to go big, and bout the Vichy cover stick in opal. I thought it would be too orangy because I have a olive undertone but it blended perfectly with my skin. It didn't break me out AT ALL and the other concealers did sometimes. It's matte, full coverage and I have gotten so many compliments on my skin, when I remove the concealer my skin is smooth and acne free now. I bless the people who created the Vichy coverstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by tinynim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely an HG product for me. PROs: Opal is an exact match to my skintone, and generally I find it hard to find products that match my pale skin with yellow undertones. The staying power is very good, and it doesn't go cakey especially if used straight over primer or moisturizer. I can use it wherever I have redness and under my eyes (I don't use it all over). It doesn't dry my skin or break me out. CONs: I see another reviewer had the same problem as me with the packaging- the lid cracked and now has a tendency to slide off. Also the stick has just broken on me, but as I've had it 2 yrs it's probably time for a replacement anyway! Will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kwb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always been on the hunt for a good concealer but always fell back to the same thing: the Covergirl stick concealer. It was never the right tone or colour for me, but I liked the consistency better than anything I'd tried in the past, and it carried me well throughout my cystic acne/Accutane/highschool years. However, they were always way too pink for me, and I always had to apply it under foundation, and I absolutely hate wearing foundation (long story). I've tried almost every drug store brand (L'Oreal, Almay, Revlon, you name it, I tried it), and I starting delving into higher end products (Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, YSL), but I hated the money I was spending. I absolutely do not agree with spending 50$ on something that doesn't really work, and does not last very long. I wasn't impressed.
I happened across Vichy Dermablend while watching that video where they make up Rick Genest "Zombie Boy" (if you haven't seen it, watch it, it's very interesting), and I was interested, but wary, since this seemed like very very heavy coverage, which I don't really need anymore.
Quick background to my skin: coming up on a decade of acne now, had it all, the oily pimply mess, transitioned to the cystic nightmare that prevented me from even being able to eat or move my face some days, went on Accutane, which worked very well for me (crazy, right), but also changed my skin from oily to dry. Since then I've been on Vit A as upkeep, and rarely suffer from breakouts except around my time of the month. Overall, it's mostly pigmentation scarring on the sides of my chin and lower forehead, and dry red skin around my nose. I also have awful dark circles. So I needed something moisturizing (wouldn't accentuate my flakes), medium coverage (but buildable if needed), and actually matched my skin tone (it seems to be getting easier to find yellow toned products, but still a challenge at times).
So I found Vichy's little corner in my Shoppers (thank god, I was worried it was only sold in the States, but turns out they were hiding there all along!) and picked myself up a stick in...I wanna say Ivory? I can't remember now. And here's my thoughts:
Pros: great coverage FOR THOSE WHO DON'T NEED A CRAZY TON, I would say if you have a lot to cover, you'd probably need to go to their concealer that comes in a pot? But I've never tried, I wouldn't know. Covers my red areas well, without much effort, and rarely without a second go at it.
I find it very moisturizing, one of the very few concealers that doesn't accentuate my flakes or dry spots, but nor does it make me look shiny by midday, which sometimes happens down my nose with others.
The tone and colour match me extremely well...I wouldn't say perfect (I think I may have picked one shade too light), but I can get away without foundation or any kind of tinted powder on top just fine (which I love, did I mention I despise foundation?). I can put it on the areas I need and let the rest of my face breathe, and it barely looks like I'm wearing makeup.
I love the packaging, I'm a huge fan of the stick concealer, very portable, easy to use, easy to touch up with.
Lastly, I love the way it feels. It doesn't feel crazy thick like other stick/cream concealers, yet still gives a good coverage. It doesn't look or feel heavy on skin, nor does it make me itchy (good thing for sensitive skin types, I would imagine). L'oreal products tend to make me crazy itchy around my nose and forehead. Easy to apply and blend, either with the fingers or a brush or sponge, I've used all three.
Cons: still expensive, but way better than high end brands...the stick was around $30.00 CAD I believe, which is alot for something you buy in a drugstore, but judging by my use so far, this will last me forever.
Lasting power is definitely not as great as they say, but I don't use primer either (I honestly find primers make my skin look worse, and I've tried ALOT...anyone else?), only powder on the t-zone area. It'll get me through a regular 8 hour work day no problem, but I do find it tends to fade within that last hour, HOWEVER. With other concealers, when it would fade, it would look like an oily, yet flaky mess. Undescribably weird and gross. This just kind of gets more...sheer. Not oily, not flaky, not patchy, just kind of disappears...which I am perfectly okay with, it's a step up for me. Maybe one day if I find a primer that works, it'll amp up that staying power.

Overall, I am very pleased, and would urge anyone to try it if you have dry skin (would not recommend for oily people, seems like it might slide off), and not a TON of cover work to do acne wise. Redness - totally, tons of acne however, may be more work than it's worth, but again in that case, I'd look towards their concealer in the pot, looks more heavy coverage. I'm a fan!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hlillico

This product is pretty good. It covers fairly well. I don't use it as foundation all over because I have patches of dry skin and this would accentuate it. I do like to use it on hyperpigmentation I have from acne scarring. I think it works really well on top of a foundation for spot control. I just rub my finger on the stick and swirl it a bit to heat up the product on my finger, then I dab on. It's about $30 in Canada, but I think that is a fairly reasonable price compared to Sephora items. Would maybe repurchase, except this thing will last me forever since I only use it on spots, not all over.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyB94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this over the summer and have reached for it quite a bit. I knows its supposed to be a foundation but I use it as a concealer. It covers red spots and scarring really well. I lasts on scarring/red spots all day but doesn't seem to last very long on pimples. It also covers the dark circles under my eyes. Not sure if I'll be repurchasing yet. I have yet to find my HG concealer but this is the best I've tried so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product covers amazingly, but it's not worth buying at all. I've never used a product that broke my skin out so badly. More than half the ingredients are known to be comedogenic yet the package says non-comedogenic. In my experience, this was the worst foundation i've ever used.

This product is just too thick. Not only did is cause pimple and blackheads, it also caused milia under my eye. Even if I wore it for 3 or 4 hours, i'd get a new pimple. If I used it to cover and existing pimple that I had treated, it would aggravate it so badly.

Also there were no shades to match girls with nc15-20 ish skin.

I wrote a detailed article about what it did to my face. Pictures of the damage included.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by LuckyLucifer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, but do not like the price. I find that for what I use it for (covering small scars on my face, minor redness, and the occasional pimple) I could get away with spending less for a (potentially) lesser quality coverup stick.

I like the texture (smooth) and find it very build-able (some days I need a bit more coverage than others, so this handles that need as well). I like that it is unscented and has no-frills packaging. I am a bit concerned about future drying out of the product in the tube, but I've owned mine for 10 months and it is still very usable now.

I use my finger to on the stick (swirl it around lightly to kind of warm the product) then using my finger, I dab it on to my spots.

For my skin, which is combination and prone to dryness only in certain areas, I find this product looks and holds best when used over a face primer. Without the primer, this product tends to accentuate the flakiness I can get around the base of my nose.

The girl who helped me buy this product had me torn between the pink-hued shade or the yellow-hued shade. I did not find either colour to match my skin ideally, and would say that is one major drawback of this product. (However, I think most all concealers and foundations have that issue with someone - it seems impossible for one product line to match all skin tones!)

I would only buy this product again only after I had tried a few less expensive alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by xoxoangel

This is by far the best concealer I've ever tried! If you have sensitive skin like mine, this is a great choice - it's noncomedogenic, unscented, and hypoallergenic. One of the few concealers that haven't broken me out.

The coverage is AMAZING, and incredibly long-lasting. If your skin is oily (or during the hot summer days), use a setting powder. If you have normal skin, you could totally skip it. However, it may be a tad bit drying for dry skin, so make sure you prep with lots of moisturizer or use a facial mist.

It's pretty versatile as well. For a lighter coverage, warm it on the back of your hand. For a fuller coverage, use your finger or brush and apply it directly.You could definitely swap this for a foundation.

It took me a while to figure out what shade to get, but I eventually settled on the Nude. I suggest you to go a shade darker if you have scarring. If you have a light to medium skintone with a lot of heavy scarring/dark circles, I definitely recommend this shade - its warmer tone really camouflages dark discoloration well. On the more even areas or during the winter, I mix in a small bit of foundation (I use Estee Lauder Double Wear) to make it lighter. If you don't have dark scarring, go with the shade that matches your skintone best.

The only complaint I have is that it breaks easily. I dropped it once and the lid chipped. Now, the lid falls off easily and it's annoying when it's in your makeup bag and smears everywhere (so try not to drop it!). But nonetheless, the stick packaging is really convenient - it's compact and it fits into your makeup bag easily.

My final verdict? Yes, it is expensive, but you get much more product compared to the Benefit or Bobby Brown ones (which have more or less the same price). It's great quality, and long lasting (for me, it lasts 4 to 6 months, and I use it with quite a heavy hand!) Definitely worth it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jrockfreq

I'm a competitive dancer and therefore, often have lower back revealing outfits which show off a dark birth mark I'm not such a big fan of. I asked the woman at my local drugstore about different products, and she recommended this one for me, as well the woman at a lazer treatment facility (she persuaded me in to this over surgery).
I use this with the Dermablend setting powder, and to be honest, the coverage isn't what I'd hope for. But considering my birth mark is VERY dark, it does a pretty good job. It also stays through my sweating and the setting powder is a dream- but I dins the colour match is VERY off and orange-tinted from my skin tone... so, it didn't work for me, but I could definitely see it being useful for someone else who enjoys the convenience of a stick foundation and doesn't have anything TOO dark to cover up... it should work well on acne and rashes.