April 20, 2014 | 1349 users online

Treatments - Clearasil - Rapid Action Treatment Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light cream BHA treatment that is worth trying if you have dry and/or sensitive skin with mild acne and/or blackheads. As a spot treatment it's not gonna do much so I'd say if you've got a giant serious zit that you want to obliterate in 4 hours then go get some calamine lotion and use that as a spot treatment instead (be prepared to deal with a big fat whitehead that's easy to pop but hard to cover for days due to dryness). Similarly, if you have cystic acne this stuff is not gonna do crap for you and certainly not in 4 hours! It takes months to clear serious acne and you need something more than BHA for that...

Anyways, this is 1 of only 2 BHA treatments worth buying in the US according to BeautyPedia. Paula gives it a "good" rating due to the fact that it doesn't contain irritants and has a ph of 4, which is low enough for it to effectively treat zits and blackheads (it didn't get a "best" due to the lack of anti-irritants). The other one would be Clean&Clear's Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment. <------I haven't tried that one because so far, I like this one a lot! It smells good, and I find it non irritating on my sensitive skin (only BHA I've ever used that didn't cause redness!). I really love how it feels like a lotion.

BTW this stuff appears to have undergone a redesign in packaging--or at least they're also now selling it in a 4 oz tube that claims its for face, chest and back--but it is still the same formula as the one Paula reviewed. I got it for around $12 at cvs.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by AnnCnn

I've been using this product for my cystic acne for 4 weeks and works wondefully for the smaller pimples not the larger ones. i love the packaging, it has a nozzle at the end and it is easy to squeeze it out. the price is a bit expensive, brought mine for $15 at priceline. the texture of this product on my skin feels nice and itsnt too bothering. the product last a long time before purchasing again.
i recommend it to people who have a few spots of pimple. works wonders for my brothers pimples. i wouldnt purchase this product again because it doesnt really help my huge pimples on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by rosalee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a recent acne sufferer I have been trying out different products to see what best suits my skin. Prior to trying this spot treatment I had tried the Clean & Clear spot treatment; this treatment did absolutely nothing for me - I saw no change in the zit (size, redness, texture). This treatment didn't even sting when I applied it; didn't work for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by pohollybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to combat a sudden breakout on my chin. I've been using it two or three times a day for around a week and there has really been no change at all, and certainly no change within four hours. Considering that my breakout hasn't even started to subside normally, I would wonder if this cream is possibly making it *worse*. I won't be using this anymore and I won't purchase it again. In fact, I'm throwing it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by thaouyen09

It does nothing to my pimples, it doesn't reduced the size of the pimples at all. Overall, very disappointed

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by LL98

The product is okay. I like to put it on before I go to bed. Doesn't really work for me. Does very little to the pimples on my face. Haven't found any better product yet so I'll continue using this for the meantime

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by jessica523

I've been using this for so long and I think it's finally time for me to face the fact that I've been in denial that this product doesn't work for me. It barely does anything at all for my spots. I've tried using it different amounts a day (using it only at night doesn't work, using it several times a day doesn't work, etc.). When I use it a couple times a day, this weird glue-y film builds up on my skin and it peels off. But I want it to work so badly, it just does not do much for me.
On the plus side, the packaging is convenient, and you get a lot of product that lasts a long time - I've had mine for about two years now.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Monkey987

would never buy again, made no difference in my spots at all! Doesn't work in 4 hours like it says, in fact it doesn't work at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by hiphuphop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does nothing, I don't notice a difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by tiawalker

I don't think any 'drugstore' acne treatment will work in 4 hours, but I found if i can feel/see a breakout coming up and i apply morning and night it prevents it from becoming a pimple which i like, the tube will last you agES since you only need a tiny tiny amount. the only downsides would be that it leaves a 'greasy' looking sheen but i just go over with powder so it isnt a big deal. will re-purchase!