April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Fragrances - Jimmy Choo - Jimmy Choo EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sphynx97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Powdery with a hint of flowery notes (the tiger orchid and Indonesian patchouli).
"Soft floral with a average lasting."
But on me almost every perfume I got does not change smell during dry down. All the perfumes I own smell the same as when I put it on several hours earlier. So I do not know if the sweet toffee caramel comes thru after a wile. But ether way I can notice a little bit of the toffee, gives the perfume a warmer scent to it.
Im so glad that this one does not have any scent of alcohol in it!!! You can not notice any alcohol!! A big plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Meggie22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this perfume but unfortunately I don't. It is too strong and cheap smelling. I always wish people would put in their reviews what fragrances they do like
so I would be able to know if they like the same kind of perfumes that I do. Here is some of the fragrances I like. Coach Signature, Beautiful, Angel, Romance, Euphoria and Liz Claiborne.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

Found the 1.3 fl oz at tjmaxx for 43.99 and i had to buy it because at places like sephora its so expensive. I am so glad i did. I understand why some people would dislike it but i am loving it! i got so many compliments at the office when i wore it :) Now i just need to purchase the Jimmy Choo Exotic perfume. I smelled that one and it was delicioussss!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Fruit, vanilla and sandalwood in a mellow, creamy but fairly boring scent along the lines of Hanae Mori; that same orangesickle type of thing. Eh. Reading the notes, I can definitely detect the caramel/vanilla and the orchid/vanilla. The patchouli really reads as watered down sandalwood. Very unexciting, but also inoffensive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This is my absolute favorite perfume! I used to wear a knockoff of it back when my husband and I first started dating, but then ran out. I couldn't find another knockoff and couldn't afford to purchase another genuine Jimmy Choo bottle with our first child on the way. My husband just bought me a new bottle for Christmas and I'm so over the moon! I forgot how much I love this scent! It's my all time favorite for sure, and while I can't say that I'll never wear anything else, I can say I won't ever wear anything else as much as I'll wear this. It's perfect for feeling sultry, feminine and sexy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I bought the rollerball version and love it! I agree that it morphs throughout the day and my skin either picks up the caramel notes and tiger orchid or the patchouli and fruit notes. Either way it works for me now that winter is here. I don't think it is too heavy. It has a subtle creaminess to it that keeps it from being strongly scented. The only con I can say it has is that the lasting power is not too great which is why I am glad I opted not to buy the bottle size. It is too expensive for me to get and it doesn't last too long on my skin. I don't own Euphoria or Flowerbomb so I can't compare them to this. I do however would recommend if you like fruity chypre type scents.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

(update) Listerine, toothpaste, and 'Lectric shave. That's what it smells like. This smells like my dad! Now, I like my dad, but I wouldn't want to smell like him.

This smells like my father after he brushed his teeth with Colgate, swished some Listerine around in his mouth, and slapped on some 'Lectric Shave.

He smelled kinda gross.

It has a peppery smell to it I don't like, I guess it's patchouli?
______________________________________________________________________

This is gross

it smells like toothpaste

and a men's cologne

from fragrantica: a modern chypre fruity, with green top notes, tiger orchid, sweet toffee caramel and Indonesian patchouli.

it smells like some sort of menthol, or toothpaste or licorice smell---can't quite put my finger on it, but it smells like chemicals. maybe it's the Patchouli, but this smells unpleasant.

as mentioned, it smell's like a men's cologne. I might like this on a man.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess I'm just into really sweet scents 'cause this and Vera Wang Lovestruct are my faves for wintertime. It smells really girly, sugary and delicious :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by SophieWillsxo

A lot of reviews say this is a heavy perfume but it's quite the opposite. I think it's a light summery perfume. The smell is lovely and lasts a while as well. The price is quite expensive though. I think I paid £60-70 for a bottle. It's a little pricey. For ages this was the only perfume I used. I can't buy it all the time due to the cost of it but it's lovely as a little treat. If you've got the money for it then you might as well. I would most definitely buy this again. No doubt about that. However you don't need a lot of it. Too much and it starts to be a bit icky sort of thing. I love this perfume!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I don't know -- I have mixed feelings about Jimmy Choo. On paper, this is everything I should love. It's my type of fragrance, and the notes sound fabulous -- but the sum of its parts? Not so much. For me, there's just something *wrong* in this scent, but I'm not sure what it is.

Here's the description from Fragrantica.com:

"Jimmy Choo fragrance, described as "feminine yet empowering, with a lot of sensuality to it", was developed in cooperation with Inter Parfums and the famous perfumer from IFF Olivier Polge. The seductive composition is a modern chypre fruity, with green top notes, tiger orchid, sweet toffee caramel and Indonesian patchouli."

It's like they left the toffee in the pan too long, and it burnt to a black crisp. Combine the charred toffee note with some sort of harsh chemically tar / coal / varnish note (is that the "Indonesian" patchouli?) -- then maybe add leather? -- and wrap it up in a pretty ambery/woody base (a base like Prada or Coromandel) -- and to me you have Jimmy Choo.

IMO, there are funky offensive non-perfumey burnt &/or chemical notes in the mix, like from a manufacturing plant -- maybe some sort of varnish used to process shoe leather? These bizarre notes almost ruin Jimmy Choo for me -- but not quite. I like it (sort of), but I don't love it. 90% good and 10% bad, but that 10% skews the entire fragrance.

To me, it's hard to love and hard to be around -- and the throw is strong, and the scent can fill a room -- and people might wish you'd just go away. They might talk about your perfume behind your back and wrinkle their noses and say "eww, what is she wearing?". I think you have to be a little brave to wear this in public, esp in close quarters.

If this hadn't had "Jimmy Choo" on the label, I don't think it would have sold well -- I think it's the name that drives this scent and why people give it second chances, third chances, etc. After all, it's "Jimmy Choo" -- it has to be great, right?. Plus, those of us who don't want pink fruity florals have so little else to choose from -- this has been one of only a handful of new launches in the deep/sultry/woody category lately. I wish perfumers would launch more of this type -- but make them better than this.

EDIT: Pambryant, 3 reviews up from mine said "Listerine" -- thank you, Pam! -- that's it! It's like they added Listerine to Prada perfume -- that's what it smells like to me. And it's that Listerine note that skews the whole fragrance. Read Pambryant's review -- hers is probably the most accurate one here, and I agree with her.

ADDENDUM 2/26/14: There was a scent strip of Jimmy Choo in the Vogue (Rihanna on the cover) I was reading last night -- and I opened the strip, sniffed, and accidentally got a little on my finger, which I didn't realize until later. I kept smelling a slight exotic whiff that was quite intriguing -- later I realized I had a little Jimmy Choo on one finger.

From a *distance*, a mild slight whiff of Jimmy Choo does smell exotic and interesting to me -- like the West Indies, or like going into an import-export store. I think a light whiff of this, from a distance, is maybe the most *exotic* perfume I can think of.

But up close -- on my own skin -- I still find it unsettling to actually wear. I tried it again last night before bed, and it kept me awake -- and my husband seemed restless also. This is one I could probably enjoy on others -- lightly applied -- from a distance -- but on myself, it's just too weird and "too much" somehow. I would classify this as a bold perfume, a heavy-hitter, for a very confidant charismatic mature type of woman.