August 1, 2014 | 1966 users online

Shampoo - Framesi - Dry Scalp shampoo

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The hairstylist I recently went to recommended this shampoo to me when I told her the winter dryness always gives me a bad case of dandruff that I can't control... even Nizoral 2% shampoo wasn't working & also after she washed my hair & was cutting texture into it post-blowdry, there was a shower of dandruff all over the cape that covered me. Very embarrassing.

Since Nizoral wasn't working for me this time around I thought she might be right about having dry scalp, so I was willing to try her recommendation for this shampoo. It's actually making some difference & also doesn't dry out my hair the way Nizoral does, but I do still see some flakes on my shoulders 2 days after washing. It's only been a week & I wash my hair every other day, which is more frequent now that I've cut my hair shorter. I don't currently use styling products, nor have I used much of any for over a year. I also use silicone-free conditioner after shampooing.

Hopefully the condition will continue to improve, especially considering the cost of this product. I agreed to buy it before I knew what it cost & the price ($35 for 8.5 oz) floored me - that was almost half the cost of my haircut itself. So for such a high price I expect this shampoo to really work, and if it doesn't I'll be pissed.

I was told to use a little bit because it's concentrated, which is true - a small amount provides good lather. My hair is mostly virgin (finally) & I noticed that after 1 wash my hair feels squeaky clean. If I lather twice, it's super-squeaky. Typically I only lather once since I don't get styling product buildup or a lot of grime, then condition lightly with silicone-free conditioner.

So far I do like it but I don't like the hole in my wallet & am not sure I'd buy this again. It's likely this bottle will last a good long time, but I don't think any shampoo should ever cost $35, I don't care what special ingredients are in it or where it comes from. Shampoo is shampoo ... and I'm not thrilled about the sulfate detergent in it either.

Three lippies for now... one off because of the price, another off because I'm not flake-free ...will update in future if things progress.