NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover

4.4

I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I did - it's gorgeous ! It brightens up my nc20 skin without looking garish or obvious, and it's impossible for me to find soft colors like this that don't wash me out - finding the perfect everyday color than brightens without looking crazy bright is a mission!for reference I am blonde, blue eyed and getting the balance right is a battle, this colour does the trick;) loving it.

on 1/14/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE!!! The color is amazing! Got tonnnsss of compliments on it! Will buy again and again! Just hope they don't discontinue like everything else I love.

Got this as one of my 100 point gifts at Sephora years ago and have been obsessed with it ever since! The color is perfect! Velvety smooth and not sticky. In love with New Lover!

on 11/1/2013 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first NARS velvet gloss lip pencil and I really love it!

Pros: The color is great for everyday wear and it's creamy and easy to apply on the lips. It's also quite long lasting and touch ups aren't done as often as I expected. I am very happy with this purchase and will surely try more of the same product in different shades next time.

Con: Packaging. I don't like the fact that I have to sharpen this from time to time. It's a waste of product considering the price..hopefully it will be of the "twist up" type of lip pencil next time.

on 9/8/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's very easy to apply (it was the first lip pencil I've used - I'm sold) and it's very moisturizing. It's also last lasting. I got it in New Lover and it's a nice color - great for the summer with my light skin but I'll probably buy in another color that more suitable for fall/winter. This is very glossy so if you're someone who likes lip gloss this would be a good option for you.

on 5/5/2013 8:03:00 PM

I've never used a lip pencil before trying this product. I have to say this is fantastic. It's much like a lipstick, but perhaps more dense. The color is amazing, I would compare this color to NARS super orgasm blush, this color is like the counterpart for lips. It's a bold coral pink with a golden sheen. The formula is nicely pigmented, and long lasting. I have no complaints..this is an awesome product!

on 1/14/2013 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product. I tend to go more towards either reds, and bright coloured lip products, but I think this is a great one for more natural wear. (for me, at least.) I'm not crazy about it being in stick form, because I hate when the packaging gets dirty and gross. but I still find it a great natural tone, and It feels pretty great on.

on 1/4/2013 5:54:00 PM

New Lover is the first NARS gloss pencil color I purchased and the color payoff, subtle enhancement, lovely texture, and long wear got me so addicted to these pencils I purchased Hopi (honey infused nude peach) and Happy Days (A rich pearly coral). New Lover really brightens the face with a pop of color and yet is not garish. It is a perfect warm gold infused pink shade that is subtle and makes the lips look fuller. This pencil is mosturizing yet stays on even after eating.

on 12/8/2012 3:58:00 PM

A very pretty strawberry red with pink and gold shimmer. Lots of color payoff for me and fairly long lasting. This color is not the best with my fair skin tone, but I would definitely try other colors in this line.

on 11/27/2012 3:07:00 PM

Wow what a beautiful color! It brightened up my complexion as soon as I applied it. I'm an NW-15-20 and this color is just gorgeous in my opinion. It's like a mauve with a hint of gold but it's a dark mauve but not too dark. If that makes sense. It has a shimmery finish and makes your lips look really nice I must say. This is the kind of color you can use with a smokey eye to a simple eye and you'll look great.

It has a sticky yet nice feel on the lips the sticky texture I think just makes it last longer. The formula is just perfect for my lips. I have pink lips so mauves always seem to go well with my skin and this i think is no exception for other girls of all kinds of complexions. Now it won't fit everyone because nothing is perfect for everyone but it's pretty darn close if you ask me. It doesn't dry out your lips either which is a plus with the cold weather where I am.

Repurchase without a doubt as I really love this color!

Recommended for Medium Skin