April 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by laraxxoxo

This is my first NARS velvet gloss lip pencil and I really love it!

Pros: The color is great for everyday wear and it's creamy and easy to apply on the lips. It's also quite long lasting and touch ups aren't done as often as I expected. I am very happy with this purchase and will surely try more of the same product in different shades next time.

Con: Packaging. I don't like the fact that I have to sharpen this from time to time. It's a waste of product considering the price..hopefully it will be of the "twist up" type of lip pencil next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's very easy to apply (it was the first lip pencil I've used - I'm sold) and it's very moisturizing. It's also last lasting. I got it in New Lover and it's a nice color - great for the summer with my light skin but I'll probably buy in another color that more suitable for fall/winter. This is very glossy so if you're someone who likes lip gloss this would be a good option for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I've never used a lip pencil before trying this product. I have to say this is fantastic. It's much like a lipstick, but perhaps more dense. The color is amazing, I would compare this color to NARS super orgasm blush, this color is like the counterpart for lips. It's a bold coral pink with a golden sheen. The formula is nicely pigmented, and long lasting. I have no complaints..this is an awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by JuliaGhostX3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I tend to go more towards either reds, and bright coloured lip products, but I think this is a great one for more natural wear. (for me, at least.) I'm not crazy about it being in stick form, because I hate when the packaging gets dirty and gross. but I still find it a great natural tone, and It feels pretty great on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by envirogeeky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

New Lover is the first NARS gloss pencil color I purchased and the color payoff, subtle enhancement, lovely texture, and long wear got me so addicted to these pencils I purchased Hopi (honey infused nude peach) and Happy Days (A rich pearly coral). New Lover really brightens the face with a pop of color and yet is not garish. It is a perfect warm gold infused pink shade that is subtle and makes the lips look fuller. This pencil is mosturizing yet stays on even after eating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very pretty strawberry red with pink and gold shimmer. Lots of color payoff for me and fairly long lasting. This color is not the best with my fair skin tone, but I would definitely try other colors in this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow what a beautiful color! It brightened up my complexion as soon as I applied it. I'm an NW-15-20 and this color is just gorgeous in my opinion. It's like a mauve with a hint of gold but it's a dark mauve but not too dark. If that makes sense. It has a shimmery finish and makes your lips look really nice I must say. This is the kind of color you can use with a smokey eye to a simple eye and you'll look great.

It has a sticky yet nice feel on the lips the sticky texture I think just makes it last longer. The formula is just perfect for my lips. I have pink lips so mauves always seem to go well with my skin and this i think is no exception for other girls of all kinds of complexions. Now it won't fit everyone because nothing is perfect for everyone but it's pretty darn close if you ask me. It doesn't dry out your lips either which is a plus with the cold weather where I am.

Repurchase without a doubt as I really love this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a Sephora Beauty Insider 500 point gift, and WOW. I'm always envious when I see women with the perfect MLBB, sort of "bee stung" subtle lip color, and this product does that for me. I can see this being my go-to every day lip color, whether I'm wearing other makeup or not, and would be great for evening with strong eye makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by shruti899

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful subtle color that has the versatility of looking good both day and night. The hint of gold makes this color vey unique. Its almost a duochrome of pink and gold and looks very pretty when the light hits. I fell in love with it and hoarded 2 from Sephora, lest they decide to discontinue this beauty!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

fatbottmdgrl did a great, very thorough review, so I will just add a few of my own observations. Although this is a "gloss pencil" and does have a subtle shine, I don't find it moisturizing. On the other hand, I don't find it drying. But I do need to wear lip balm underneath or on top. I too find the staying power to be way better than average (better than many lipsticks, in fact), so when the sheen is gone, the color remains. It is not glittery or even really shimmery--"gold infused" describes it well. The gold is incorporated into the color, and so is not over-the-top or obvious and does not remain, looking gritty and odd, as the color wears off. I too thought it a bit bright, but it applies somewhat sheerly (although, again, not as sheerly as many lipsticks), making the color face-brightening but not garish. I love the pencil formulation--it's so easy to apply and touch up, and the cap fits securely, so it won't come off in your purse. And don't let the term "gloss pencil" make you think this is some squishy mess that will smash into your lips (remember Bobbi Brown's gloss sticks?)--it's just firm enough to hold up to application, yet soft enough to apply easily ("buttery" is a good description) and have some shine. I wish it came with a sharpener, but that's a minor quibble. I will probably buy Baroque in the fall, and I would repurchase this. Great product, Francois!