January 30, 2015 | 1879 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - FastDry - Buffy the Violet Slayer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 11:04:00 AM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really on the fence about this color after first applying it. on the nail it's almost the same color as NYC's Purple Pizzazz Frost (check my photos to see it!) but with no blue shimmer and, therefore, less interest. I have since changed my mind about this polish and actually have grown to like it a lot! BTVS is an electric violet/indigo and leans VERY blue at times; my boyfriend even thought it was a deep blue when he first saw it. it shines like crazy and why it's not in the Wild Shine line is beyond me. I applied it yesterday afternoon - it's now midnight the next day and 0 chips so far without base or top coat but some moderate tipwear, nothing severe but definitely detectable to anybody checkin out your mani. (**edit: it's now been three days since first application. tipwear has worsened but absolutely NO chipping w/o top + base coat.)

over the course of the past day and a half I've gotten really into this polish. I find that if I do a mani and am not totally thrilled with the way it looks on my fingers, sometimes I can get more into it if I stand in front of a mirror and see how it looks with the rest of my coloring and outfit for the day. BTVS ended up being a winner! I like the contrast with my skin. it's intense and dark without ever looking black or neutral, and now that I've gotten used to it, I really love the color.

pros: thin application without being watery, thin brush (I have small nail beds so thin brushes are always a pro for me!), nearly opaque in one coat and fully opaque in two, crazy shiny, good longevity without top/base coat, doesn't create bald spots on second coat, dries pretty dang fast, only $2!

cons: stains nails pretty bad without base coat, can possibly stain if left on long enough over base coat as well

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a kick out of the corny names of the polishes in this line, as well as a rush of 90s nostalgia. Buffy is one of my all-time favorite shows and this violet was so intense that I just couldn't pass it up... not to mention the W'n'W price is pretty attractive. The formula is kind of thick, the brush isn't the greatest, and I end up needed three coats for the best coverage. There are some visible brush strokes, but a top coat definitely smooths everything out. The color is outstanding—it's incredibly loud and glowing, the most purple purple ever! Contrasty on someone with a light skin tone, but would look good on most skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by 8erica8

I love the name (huge Buffy fan here)! But I also like the color it's great and very noticeable. It took me two coats to get it opaque.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by busymommy

Luv the color!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Tanya86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! It's my favorite purple polish and I always get compliments on it. It dries pretty fast and it doesn't seem to chip as easily as the regular Wet 'n' wild polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ThePamster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! This color is stunning! It's hard to photograph it well, but it's really an incredibly vibrant color and people definitely NOTICE it! It applies great, but just because it could be a one coater, and it could be, it's better to do a second coat so it wears better. I love this color! I will definitely rebuy it when my bottle is gone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I'm really falling in love with these polishes - first of all, this is a beautiful colour. I wore it to work and I got so many compliments on it! It's a big contrast against my white skin, which I love... however, I feel like it would suit all skintones.
The packaging is great (I like the small brush), the formula as well. Two coats and its totally opaque, and if you're lazy, you could probably get away with just one!

The price of this product is what I love... I prefer it against the WnW Shine polishes, especially the formula. It's something like $1.49CAN at Wal-Mart. Can't go wrong!

The only reason I took one lippy off is because it does chip a bit, although not nearly as bad as some others. On a day-to-day basis it's usually fine, but when I'm at work it tends to chip off a bit more.

* Also, if you own Party of Five Glitters from this same collection, I highly suggest layering one coat on top of two of this! Looks great as an accent nail, or on your toes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by chiblue

In two days I have received more compliments on this color than any other polish I have ever worn! Yes, the brush was a bit wonky, but the application was great with minimal clean-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by chanceofrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I already own several colors out of this collection: How I Met Your Magenta, Party of Five Glitters, Ebony Hates Chris and Gray's Anatomy. I have never had a problem with WNW polishes, and this one is no different. I was at Walmart browsing for polishes and then I happened to see this one. When I bought the others at KMart, the shelf was pretty empty, or I would have def picked it up sooner! It's such a pretty color, a very unique purple. I like the blue tone to it as well, I layered it with a coat of Sinful Colors "Hottie", which is a blue glitter. I think the entire line is really pretty, and I'll probably get more. The names are a little silly, but I wouldn't call them stupid, a lot of products have fun names like these nowadays!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

What a gorgeous, fun & unique color!! It does do this neat color shift from blue to purple depending on the angle you look at it. I thought I was going nuts a little but realized its just a really cool color like that. Great formula, dirt cheap especially when Wags runs sales on these. This is my first try from their fast dry line & I loved it so much I got a few more. Lots of complaints on the brush but I didnt have any issues with them so far. Love everything about the fast dry line but I am in agreeance with another reviewer who mentioned how dumb the names are. Really dumb. But for the quality & price I dont care! Highly recommended!