September 2, 2014 | 1462 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Cetaphil - barrier cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by primandpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a super dry face. Combine this with Canadian winters and blasting hot, dry air from the car and I couldn't apply foundation because of the flakes . This cream is a miracle in a tube. It layers on thick for that soft skin, while protecting and moisturizing underneath. When I have a extreme dry spot I apply some Vaseline to the area first and then put this on top. Wake up the next morning and the area is completely flake-free and soft again! Super great product, though I wish you get more for what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by dlinh

I recently had an outbreak of eczema all over my face that was very very serious. I was recommended the cetaphil gentle cleanser but I also needed a proper moisturizer as well. I came across this barrier cream and I realized it says more for elbows and other joints but I did really need something heavy enough to treat my face since petroleum jelly just wasn't cutting it for me. After cleansing my face day and night I used this cream and immediately I didn't feel as irritated. Slowly the redness and dryness was going away. I've used it on other areas where I have eczema for example my arms and it works like a charm. Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My brother has extremely cracked, dry red and scabby hands, and was recommended this cream by the family doctor along with some medicated cream. While I don't know how well it has worked out for him ( he has been lazy with applying both creams to his hands) I know for a fact this works wonders on elbows and knees! I cannot stand creams that do not absorb or stay greasy on the skin, which is a majority of drugstore lotions, but this is INSTANT absorption. It keeps my hands and cuticles nice and soft, but minus the grease! ahhhhh! It is a bit pricey, yes, and can only be used for face or spot treatment because it is a small tube, but all those $4 giant lotions are no good to me, they can be irritating at time (sensitive skin persons like me) and they ALLLLLLLLL contain petrolatum or mineral oil, YUCK! This doesn't contain a shat-load of ingredients I can't pronounce. I would give 5 stars, but the hunt is still on, and I am just getting into lotions right now! But I would say this is an overall, nice, simple, clean, lovely product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by internetgirl

Life saver! I used to have oily and acne prone skin but it has recently became very dry (skin flaking, cracking, and itchy) because of a combination of over-exfoliation, winter weather, and indoor heat. I use this, maybe a quarter size (enough for a thin layer) and spread it evenly over my face and it leaves my skin supple and non greasy.This happens right after I put it on and lasts till the next time I wash my face. I have to see the long term effect of it and if my skin returns back to its oily state, I may not have to use it anymore. But I will update.