October 25, 2014 | 974 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer - Adjust

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore smash box so I thought I would give this green colour corrective primer a try, and sadly, I was very disappointed. First off Im very pale, and when using this primer I noticed in pictures my face had a bit of a green tinge to it (and trust me I used this product sparingly)! Personally to me I didnt notice it reduce a significant amount of redness, and I didnt want to apply more product to my face because I already had a green tinge.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Aase1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Everybody is always raving about Smashbox primers, so I thought I'd try one. The SA suggested I try the green color correcting primer. I must have seemed pretty red that day, cause usually I don't feel I have much redness to cover. Anyways, I bought the small size.

I do not like the green color. I have to be careful not to over apply, as it gives me a greenish tint and makes my makeup almost slip off my face. If applied really sparingly (less than the recommended pea) it gives me a slightly smoother look. Does nothing for oil control.

On the plus side it does not make me break out, and it takes forever to finish a tiny tube .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend has a lot of redness in her cheeks and recommended this to me. In the winter, I rub my nose a lot causing redness in addition to redness from acne. I decided that after trying my friend's, I'd purchase my own.

I really like this product a lot. It does what it says it will, and more. I wouldn't say I have severe redness, but it is noticeable. This product reduces the redness around my nose A LOT, and definitely makes the redness from my acne disappear completely. In addition to redness reduction, if blurs my pores really well and keeps oil gone pretty much all day. My skin is nice, smooth, and oil-free all day after wearing this. I like the texture of this product, it's not silicone-y and feels more like a lotion.

I only have a few cons with this primer. One is the price. I'd rather not pay $39 for one ounce of product, though you don't need much and a little goes a long way. I also don't like how it applies with powder. I don't wear a lot of foundation on a daily basis, especially in the summer, so I will usually wear a light translucent powder or powder foundation, or just primer. I have to wear just this primer or it with liquid foundation, because applying a powder on top of this makes it the powder cake up. Then if you try to blend it out, it clumps into little rubbery balls. It also does separate some if you don't use it often. So just be sure to agitate it now and again if you don't use it everyday.

Other than that I really like this product. All other green-tinted primers and concealers seem to not work or be too heavy and thick for my liking. That is why I really recommend this product and will buy again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a good primer, but I don't notice any color correcting difference between this and your average primer. I don't plan to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the 10$ travel sizes at Sephora just to try it. And I gotta say it works pretty well for me. Reasons I gave it a five: 1) Its not oily 2) I do get a little redness around my nose from time to time but nothing major ,so it did correct the small amount redness. 3) The finish was smooth So yea I would by it again and only use when needed. Wouldn't use it for an everyday ,simply because there's no primer like milk of magnesium..just saying lol ,but just save it for my redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pretty normal redness on my cheeks, nothing too extreme, but it does come through a light coverage foundation. I bought this hoping to use this and not have to wear medium or full coverage constantly. It works very nicely as a primer, although a tad bit on the greasy side. After putting my makeup on, I saw NO difference. Really don't waste your $40 on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ktcolt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to diffuse the redness of my cheeks. This did not do that. I refuse to cake it on and make my foundation roll and pill when I get to that...this is a nice primer, smooth etc...but does NOT cover red like it advertises.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Highskies

This primer works okay as a primer for me. It leaves my skin very smooth and is very light, but I don't find it really helps with redness, hence why only 3/5 considering for the price I would expect a more noticeable effect.My makeup does stay in place better with the primer though. I would therefore not purchase this specific one again, but would consider another smashbox primer to see if the additional effect works well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This is a green primer that is supposed to neutralize any redness.

Is this going to take a ruddy face and convert it to porcelain-smooth un-red skin? Not by a long shot. What it did for me is temper the redness slightly so it could be covered better with foundation and concealer. I still have to use my green NYX concealer to make a significant difference. So if you're expecting miracles from this product, keep looking.

The primer does help extend my foundation's wear and keep the color from oxidizing. I don't have any problems with breakouts from this one (I did from the hydrating formula).

So not a horrible product, does act like a primer, but as I said before, don't expect anything drastic. I probably would NOT repurchase it due to its price as well as the fact that it doesn't really do a whole lot towards the redness. I'd rather spend the money on the blemish control or SPF versions of Smashbox's primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by lizo4ka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe my face is too red, but honestly, the green bottle did almost nothing to cover my redness. It also burns going on my skin, which is really sensitive. I'm really happy I bought this in a little miniature size, because I would have cried real tears had I spent the retail price for a regular sized bottle!