July 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer - Adjust

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a good primer, but I don't notice any color correcting difference between this and your average primer. I don't plan to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the 10$ travel sizes at Sephora just to try it. And I gotta say it works pretty well for me. Reasons I gave it a five: 1) Its not oily 2) I do get a little redness around my nose from time to time but nothing major ,so it did correct the small amount redness. 3) The finish was smooth So yea I would by it again and only use when needed. Wouldn't use it for an everyday ,simply because there's no primer like milk of magnesium..just saying lol ,but just save it for my redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pretty normal redness on my cheeks, nothing too extreme, but it does come through a light coverage foundation. I bought this hoping to use this and not have to wear medium or full coverage constantly. It works very nicely as a primer, although a tad bit on the greasy side. After putting my makeup on, I saw NO difference. Really don't waste your $40 on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ktcolt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to diffuse the redness of my cheeks. This did not do that. I refuse to cake it on and make my foundation roll and pill when I get to that...this is a nice primer, smooth etc...but does NOT cover red like it advertises.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Highskies

This primer works okay as a primer for me. It leaves my skin very smooth and is very light, but I don't find it really helps with redness, hence why only 3/5 considering for the price I would expect a more noticeable effect.My makeup does stay in place better with the primer though. I would therefore not purchase this specific one again, but would consider another smashbox primer to see if the additional effect works well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a green primer that is supposed to neutralize any redness.

Is this going to take a ruddy face and convert it to porcelain-smooth un-red skin? Not by a long shot. What it did for me is temper the redness slightly so it could be covered better with foundation and concealer. I still have to use my green NYX concealer to make a significant difference. So if you're expecting miracles from this product, keep looking.

The primer does help extend my foundation's wear and keep the color from oxidizing. I don't have any problems with breakouts from this one (I did from the hydrating formula).

So not a horrible product, does act like a primer, but as I said before, don't expect anything drastic. I probably would NOT repurchase it due to its price as well as the fact that it doesn't really do a whole lot towards the redness. I'd rather spend the money on the blemish control or SPF versions of Smashbox's primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by lizo4ka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe my face is too red, but honestly, the green bottle did almost nothing to cover my redness. It also burns going on my skin, which is really sensitive. I'm really happy I bought this in a little miniature size, because I would have cried real tears had I spent the retail price for a regular sized bottle!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by payjark

This was an impulse buy and I will probably be returning it. these kind of primers never work for me but my skin isn't very red anyways. eh, not my fav product. especially for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by x1MissWorld1x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Ever since I was a kid, I've had pink cheeks that would turn to a very prominent shade of red at the slightest activity, embarrassment, just about anything really. I've recently discovered the Smashbox color corrector and have loved, and used it daily ever since. I like that it is light, yet buildable. It gives your face a very thin green tint (to counter the redness) which doesn't show at all when you go on and wear your foundation.

Also, I developed Rosacea after hitting 30, and this has been a great help at keeping the redness hidden. I recommend this to anyone who wants to control/hide an overall redness, compared to spot coverage that requires a full-on concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this and then returned it a week later because while it may have (I couldn't really tell, honestly) helped reduce redness, it dried out my skin and makeup looked horrible over it. It felt smooth and slightly powdery on my skin after it was applied, but once any makeup tried to go over it, started pilling up in little balls on my face. Gross. Makeup didn't apply smoothly at all -- it was flat out impossible to get a nice, smooth look with this primer.

I cannot believe how much people have raved over this product when I just genuinely hated it. Most of the time I can see how certain products just don't work well with my skin/hair/coloring/etc. but this product seems really rotten. I can't imagine who it would work well for.