New York Color Liquid Lip Shine in Prospect Pink

2.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I really tried to like this gloss. At $1.89, it was a major steal, and the color looked so beautiful in the tube that I had to try it out. I wish I had read the reviews earlier because everything they said about it was so true! I tried applying small amounts of gloss on and still looked like I rubbed a silver metallic Sharpie all over my lips. It was awful. The formula itself is goopy and very hard to even out on the lips, making some parts look more silver than others (especially the edges of the lips). I even tried dabbing it with a tissue and I guess it looked decent, but it was still very frosty and looked more silver than the cute pale pink from the tube. Then I slathered some all over my lips just for fun and my sister said I looked like Glozelle lol but at this point, I knew it was time for me to toss out this awful color and buy something else.

on 4/16/2015 10:09:00 AM

This shade is more pigmented than my other Liquid Lipshine in "Brighton Beach Peach". Prospect Pink is a pale pink with a strong silver frost to it. This looks very pretty when applied lightly, but can get overly frosty if applied heavily. I like this shade for Spring/Summer or when I'm wearing "cool" colors. I like that this tones down my overly pigmented pink lips, and is a very feminine shade. The formula is great, hydrating, smooth, but not sticky/goopy. Love the doe foot applicator on these, and the packaging is pretty! I would recommend these!

on 3/24/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure why there are so many low reviews for this gloss. Personally, I think it's a very pretty pale pink shade. It is frosted, but I think that can look really nice. It's especially pretty for evening. The texture isn't too sticky, and the price is definitely right. The doe foot applicator is a little too long and floppy, but I don't expect topnotch packaging from this brand. Nice for layering on top of other lip colors. I would repurchase.

on 12/18/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am in the minority of liking this! I like frosty pale colors. This is a frosty pale pink. Really pretty imo but i hate dark vampy or bright vivid lip colors in general. My favorite NYC lipgloss is Voluminous Peach, but I like this although not enough to go buy a back up. It was 99cents at Kmart clearanced out.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Frosty pale pink with glitter,NO!The line great just not this color.

on 1/24/2012 9:22:00 PM

Liquid Lip Shine was one of the first glosses I used as a teenager and so, feeling nostalgic and needing cheap gloss, I decided to buy this. Big mistake. Some things are better off left in the past. The gloss looks like a shimmery, peachy pink in the tube, but on lips it's so frosty that I feel like I've been making out with Frosty the Snowman. Yuck. Also, the sponge tip applicator is too floppy, so if you must buy this gloss, use a lip brush to apply.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with this for the time being because I am too cheap to throw it away. But I would never buy it again. Even at $2.00 it is a waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really excited about this gloss after being so impressed with Brighton Beach Peach, but this was a disappointment. This color looks really cute in the package, but is way to frosty. You are better off not wearing any gloss than this stuff.

on 6/24/2011 10:07:00 PM

Looked so cute in the bottle... but on lips, it looks like a white - silver metallic mess. This is horrible. Don't even bother.

on 6/20/2011 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not the color I thought it would be. WAAAAYYY to frosty. I dont think anyone could pull this color off. Not a gloss either, more of a liquid lipstick.

on 6/4/2011 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

By far, this is the worst of the lot. Crackish-frosty. Too thick to layer. A waste of money.

Recommended for Medium Skin