Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

2.8

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have to say I'm astonished at the poor reviews. My expertise: been using blushes since 1969 (remember Bonne Bell's gel?) & have a drawerful of drugstore to v. expensive/high-end ones that didn't work out for one reason or another, incl. powder palettes, loose powder (bare escentuals), liquids (Perricone's No Blush the most recent), gels, sticks...

I find Boom to be by far the best, so much that I also sprang for the little holiday combo for travel. The color is a magical blend that can look very natural on both me (medium skin) and my very fair friend. It can go as an eyeshadow too. (Side note: the shimmer is also a genius blend of colors that can look gold, silver, rosy, purple.)

I'm thinking folks may have different expectations for its use and application methods. Boom seems, like its name and Cindy Joseph herself, to be meant for gals between 50-70+. We tend to have drier skin. So the silky,easy-blending texture, slight dewiness and sheen are really good for our needs.

Too, many of us have learned that heavy makeup is very aging & unattractive and perhaps have lost patience with an extensive makeup routine. We often don't use matte or high-coverage foundations--many of us just go for tinted moisturizers. We've found that a light, natural look is best--and we need a bit of extra rosiness. So we also stroke a bit on our chins, hairline, eye crease--the places one blushes post intimacy--or look at portraits by Renoir for that natural rosiness). Cindy has a video showing this application.

Second, a very light hand gives the best result.I lightly brush my finger over the tube and tap it on my cheek, then tap over with my ring finger to smooth the edges, not wiping it around. Then I very lightly tap any remainder on my chin and around my hairline for a bit of depth to an otherwise "flat" looking face. For fancy events, I also tap a bit of the shimmer on my browbone, inner eye & top of cheek bone.
As a final note, all those top actresses form the 30s & 40s--Garbo for one--put vaseline on their eyelids for the dewiness factor. Anyone putting shimmer there is creating that same effect...

When I heard about Boom! Cosmetics I thought...'perfect'!! Just what a mature woman needs and can afford---Made by another 'mature' woman. They "tiny" tubes came in the mail--What Cindy call 'The Trio'--3 sticks of 'glimmer and glo' supposedly. My first thought was..'I paid $75 for these products?" OMG!! Really?? NOT affordable for most 'mature' women out there. The pics on Cindy's site make these look like a Nars color stick--which is more than double the product.
Really, really disappointed....Wished I had checked reviews before ordering!!

I bought Boomstick Color and B.S. Glimmer. They are very nice to put on when I don't want to wear regular makeup for the day but want a nice healthy glow that looks better than natural. The glimmer I also use with other makeup at times. I have dry skin and noticed that if I used too much moisture, I felt greasy a couple of days. They do apply more easily and with better spreading when you have just moisturized, just do it lightly.

The sticks are nice for on the go. I wish they had a larger version and that they cost less and had samples to try initially.

I will buy these again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ordered the trio because they were out of the color stick unless I bought the trio. What a ripoff. I figured I could use instead of makeup, just a greasy mess. I also ordered the sensual cream and that did nothing, that would have worked better if it was the greasy makeup stick. These products should be taken off the market. I am going to just throw mine away.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I am not happy with the BOOM products that I just received. Have left messages to the company and sent email and have had no response. I would like to return the products for a complete refund. Can someone tell me if they have had the same problems with this company. I have no address to return them. HELP

I use cream blushes a lot. A. Lot. I know how you apply them, dabbling fingers, stippling brush, patting with a bb, what have you. Maybe set with powder if needed. I use everything from Becca Beach Tint to the random Essence product. I can get any thing to work.

Except this. It's a stick of grease with some pigment in it. I tried. Different fdn, different techniques, and it only smeared and removed my mu. And it gave me not one, but two, cystic zits. One on each side. Cute. And it went rancid after about a week. This is disgusting product. And returning? Fuggeddaboudit.

I'm mad, disgusted, and complaining to the better business Bureau. Nasty.

I love the Boom sticks. The colors are perfect for me. I have had nothing but compliments about how young I look! My friends have tried the color stick as a lipstick. It looks good on all of them too. I use the shimmer one as an eye shadow and to add some shimmer to bottom lip. Really hides the lines better than eyeshadow which accentuates them. I have 2 sets. One for home and one for my purse!

BOOMSILK and other products by Cindy Joseph: worst customer service I have ever experienced. Have used BOOMSILK and the BOOMSTICKS trio for about 4 months and loved them! My skin felt wonderful and it glowed. But I opened the jar of BOOMSILK three days ago and there was a layer of black mold on top. I had not used it in 3 or 4 days because we had gone on vacation and I had taken a sample of something else with me instead of traveling with large items. I took pictures and e-mailed the company and was given several reasons why it was my fault, not theirs. According to "Alana," the product was purchased 4 months ago (although they promote and state that it has a shelf life of one year), that it appeared to have not been used recently (not true - 3 or 4 days tops), and that I must have introduced bacteria into the jar by having dirty hands (although they promote that it is naturally anti-bacterial; not to mention that was really insulting). Quote from Alana's e-mail to me: "Many customers (and Cindy!) find that the product lasts many years past its stated, one-year shelf life. We cannot offer a return or replacement for a product that was ordered over 4 months ago." Huh????? Is it just me, or do those two sentences totally contradict each other? So they insult the customer, blame the product failure on her, and do not offer a solution to the problem. The cost of acquiring a customer (marketing) in today's marketplace is so great that no company can afford to LOSE a customer who would have been a RETURN customer (remember, I LOVED the products). For the cost of a jar of BOOMSILK (THEIR cost in an industry where profits routinely exceed 75% would have been minimal, probably around $10), they have lost a customer who would have purchased products again and again, and they now have a former customer who is a customer service consultant who will use them again and again in corporate presentations as an example of how NOT to treat customers.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the three piece starter set with the blush included. Not sure what kind of Kool Aid she's drinking, but this stuff is a hot greasy mess!

After reading about how it's supposed to be age appropriate and receiving a 15% off promo code before their intended price hike, I thought I would give it a try since they have a return policy.

Ha ha, the joke's on me because the return policy does not apply when using a promo code! Why should that even matter? This is a bad business policy if you ask me. Just a needless waste of money. BEWARE...

This is crap.. vasoline in a stick save your money. All I can say is try to deal with customer service what a joke.. They told me if I don't like it pass it on to a friend!