October 23, 2014 | 934 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Petal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Somehow I ended up with a brand new tube of this, I have no idea how - perhaps it was one of my numerous bourbon + online shopping adventures? It ended up in my swap drawer until I stumbled back across it recently as I was inventorying and purging the old yucky stuff. Tried it on...oh my! I go bananas over anything that's pink with a gold tint, how did I miss this???? Gives a nice sheer color to the lips and *might* be the most moisturizing lipstick I've ever encountered!! I like to wear it with a slightly darker plum liner. Hello, my lovely HG, where have you been all my life?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous, flattering pink. I really love this color. It's so easy to apply, I don't need a mirror as it is slightly darker than my natural lip color, but not much. It has a slight frost to it, but almost unnoticeable. Creamy. Love the colorburst line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I own quite a few Colorburst lipsticks, but this one seems to have a much sheerer formula. I barely see any color when it's freshly applied and what color there is wears off quickly. The only way I can make this shade work is to fill in my lips with liner, which I don't care to do on a daily basis. I picked up Petal on sale at CVS so it likely is being discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those understated and pretty lipsticks that looks good any time. It has a semi-sheer application with a pretty pinky nude (more pink than nude) pigment. I like this because it gives a fresh look. This would look pretty on both cool and warn skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

A lovely everyday lipstick that isn't so opaque it looks overdone. The colour is exactly like it's name - petal. A dusky pale-midtone pink with a slight hint of peach. I add a tiny dab of Revlons "wine with everything" to deepen the colour to suit my complexion a bit more :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lonietee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick today, it was half price so I thought I'd give it a go as I'm normally more of a lipgloss fan. What drew it to me was the natural pretty pink colour and I really like the packaging as well. I thought it would be perfect for every day use. I really love it! It's a lovely pink tone, it feels moisturising, and really suits my complexion. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by alm1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite lipstick of all time. I think it's discontinued now. It's not on the Revlon site and I can't find it anywhere around town. Luckily I found it online, and I recently ordered 5 tubes.
This is a beautiful, everday lip color. It's a peachy shade with a hint of pink and some golden shimmer. It's not sparkly at all and gives a great sheen to the lips.
The formula is smooth but it's not incredibly moisturizing. It doesn't necessarily dry out my lips, but I find if I use it several days in a row, I get the urge to use a lip balm.
My favorite combination to use with this lipstick is to layer Urban Decay's Naked Lip Junkie over it. It looks gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sammys

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. I bought it on a clearance sale at Walgreens along with Rosy Nude. I ended up swapping that away as it didn't work with my coloring but kept this one. I use it quite often as it's easy and no thought really needed. It's a great everyday color, price was great and I love the packaging. The one thng they could improve in my opinion is the texture, it's a little dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I love Revlon lipsticks and was very excited when I got this Petal shade from Colorburst line. I leaned towards nude shades in the past, so I tried this lovely peachy-pink color for a change. The color is very pretty BUT unfortunately it doesn't show up much on my pigmented lips and medium complexion. I would have to put concealer as base on my lips to make the color show up, and I'm not too fond of doing that coz I prefer to feel the lipstick on my lips, rather than the heavy feel of concealer + lipstick combo. Overall, this lipstick is not bad but the sheerness of Petal color just didn't work with my complexion & lips. I would repurchase in different shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm so upset that no place around me carries this shade anymore! Such a disappointment, and the lack of availability (and the wear time on this) are the only things keeping me from giving this 5 stars! I saw it on clearance for about $3 and some change, (Psssh, I guess right before it was about to go 'bye bye) and figured why not? It looked like such a gorgeous, natural everyday shade for me and I could seriously kick myself for not getting at least 1 or 2 backups, because for pink MLBB lipsticks, Revlon's Petal and MAC's Creme Cup are my absolute must-haves, and I alternate between those two the most. This takes a few swipes to show up on me, but builds up nicely, so it's not THAT sheer or anything. It's just a very natural color, and may 'blend in' with features. It's a light, neutral pink with just a beautiful dash of golden shimmer. The golden shimmer isn't obvious, it just adds a nice touch of warmth and glowiness to the lips. The lipstick itself is creamy, but not too creamy to where I find that the tube wears down quickly. This actually wore quite well on me if I topped it off with a sticky gloss, but without that gloss, it wore for about an hour, maybe 2 hours if I was lucky. With some lipsticks, I don't mind reapplying if it's a wearable color that makes reapplication simple, but brighter or deeper shades are more high maintenance, and I'm not as lenient on ratings with those. But as far as this one goes, I like the look of it, as well as the feel of it on my lips. Performance is meh, but I love how this can go with almost anything. Oh, and the packaging is great too. :)