September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Holiday Brush Set 2010

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by heysailor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been on a brush kick lately, especially with Smashbox. I received the #12 angled brow brush & #9 cream liner brush via trade. I already owned a full size & travel size #21 arched liner brush. I'm wanting to get a full set. When Black Friday came around, Smashbox was the only company with a deal that excited me. 20% off AND free shipping on all orders (no dollar minimum). Most other companies were offering a percentage off but the shipping almost counteracted the discount (first + major for Smashbox!). I opted to purchase the Holiday Brush set (online exclusive) which included: #22 fan brush, #20 double ended smudger brush, #3 blending brush, #2 face & cheek brush, and a snake skin brush bag. First off, the Face & cheek brush is $48 on it's own ($24 for the double ended brush, $18 for the fan brush, and I've only seen the blending brush offered in exclusive sets). Secondary, with the Black Friday discount I got the whole set for $39 no shipping no tax. Super fast shipping (received within 5 business days). I used a few brushes today and really enjoyed the quality. Very soft, easy to use. I'll update when I use them more, though I really love the liner & brow brushes I have. In all honesty, my biggest LOVE of the set is the bag! I totally bought this just for the brushes, and thought I'd throw the bag with other stuff I don't use. I received this the day I had to take a last minute road trip and fit 16 brushes (including these- all full size varying from short wide brush like CARGO's magic brush to the 115 MAC blush brush) and still had room for those I left at home. This is my new brush traveling buddy. If you've been thinking about this set, I can't say anything bad about it.