August 1, 2014 | 1729 users online

Masks - Laneige - Water Sleeping Pack_EX

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by yinzhen89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This really doesn't work for me. Maybe because I put too much on my face, it just sits there and I can feel sliminess next day when I wash my face. And worst of all, I noticed that this enlarges my pores when I wake up the next day. Proof that this is not my problem, I use sulwhasoo overnight vitalizing mask as well, those days that I use sulwhasoo, I wake up with fairer skin, no big pores, and it definitely doesn't sit on my skin. I use this on my body now, it still sits on my skin though. Ohh, and laneige products all contain paraben.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Key89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this sleeping pack. Very light and fast absorped in my skin. I have combinied skin, very oily at tzone (esp if I have outdoor activities)but I feel dry inside. This sleeping pack help me to balance it. After used it, I woke up with soft skin. This is not my face break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a normal to oily skin but i amaze of how this sleeping pack is still suits to me. I tought is just for everyone who has dry skin, coz of its title 'water bank'. Sleeping with this mask on, it's absorb fast and i can feel my skin healthier & soften in the next morning i rinse this. Recommend this to whoever want their skin soften, moisturer & healthier. Don't try this if you want to gain lightening, brightening or whitening effects.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think I'll be the first one to admit that we are all guilty of loving a product we own so much, that we go online to check out beauty forum reviews, hoping to find glowing testimonies that reinforce how we already feel about something. This is one of the products I own that makes me so happy that I scour the net to find like-minded people who make me feel even happier about owning it.

Yes, we all know that Korean and Japanese skincare tend to neglect the importance of exfoliation, focusing instead of piling the skin with lovely lightweight moisturisers. Yes, we also know that these poreless, glowing beauties are photoshopped. But the Laniege Water Sleeping Pack makes me feel *that* much closer to them.

I live in Singapore, where it's pretty much humid all the time. It's sometimes not feasible to wear highlighter cremes, because mingled with humidity-induced sweat, and the slow migration of foundation downwards, your face ends up looking like a shiny mess. The Water sleeping pack gives me a really nice "glow from within". I pop it on over my night moisturiser (rose hip seed oil), and when I wake up in the morning, I'm all dewy and fresh faced.

More importantly, does the "inner glow" last all day? Yes, with the help of my trusty This Works primer, YSL Touche Eclat highlighter, and a dusting of Guerlain Meteorites. The day after I use my sleeping pack, I don't need foundation or any extra powder.

However, the sleeping pack needs to be used consistently. I have very sensitive skin, and I haven't experienced any burning or redness. In fact, it's a beautiful cooling sensation I get when I pop it on (I'm also guilty of putting my face right up to the air conditioner to get maximum coolness while it dries). Used twice a week, and with a consistent exfoliation regime (also about 2-3 times a week for me with Lush's Brazened Honey), this has been making my 'good skin days' more of a norm than ever.

One more thing -- perhaps it's because my skin is so sensitive, but I find that if I leave the mask on for more than say, 7 hours, I get a bit of breakout (tiny pimples on the cheeks). So don't ever forget to wash this off! And don't use it if you know you're going to be sleeping in. 4/5

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was given to me to try and I'm sorry to say it didn't work for me. I have extremely sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I finally nailed down a basic skin routine and my rosacea was immensely improved, so I thought it would be a good time to try out this sleeping pack. The packaging and the product itself are gorgeous. The jar comes with a little plastic scoop to keep dirty fingers out, so I scooped the product onto my hand and rinsed the plastic scoop off for next time. The product itself is a luxuriously smooth, luminous blue gel. It felt nice and refreshing going on, but for me that's where the benefits ended. I noticed a strong floral/sandalwood fragrance, which worried me. I read the insert in the box, which made a big deal of the aromatherapeutic scent, so it's definitely meant to smell strongly, but not so good for my sensitive skin. It also burned a little bit on my cheeks where I have the worst redness.

I went to bed with it on anyway, hoping the product would do some good. In the morning my face felt drier than it usually does, even after rinsing off the product. In addition, I had much more pronounced redness and my cheeks felt itchy and tender all day long. I found this product to be less hydrating than my usual Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (which is awesome, by the way) and I think the strong fragrance caused my sensitive skin to react badly.

I'll be giving this back to the gift-giver (who loves the product) and sticking with my Clinique DDMG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by yyd

I'll admit, I am quite terrible to my skin...I don't drink enough water nor sleep enough. As such, my skin often gets dry and flaky especially during autumn and winter. The Laneige Water Sleeping Pack is my saviour and is really simple to use. I apply it (instead of moisturiser) at night after cleansing my face and before sleeping (as recommended). I tend to concentrate around my dry areas (forehead and nose) and in the following morning, the product would have absorbed into the skin leaving a face that is soft and flake free!

I also have a mini pot of the Water Sleeping Pack I like to bring with me when travelling. This is a must have for staying in hotel rooms when they have the air conditioning blasting 24/7.

The product itself has a light pleasant scent and is pale blue coloured which matches the packaging design. Some people might not like the jar design but I think the jar is good because it allows you to get to all of the product. There is also a mini plastic spatula that comes with the Sleeping Pack so that the product can be scooped out without using dirty fingers.

This Sleeping Pack is above the usual amount I would spend on beauty products but a little goes a long way. I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase this again especially since it is so effective on my dry skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been in love with sleeping packs for a few years now and am baffled why more US companies do not make them. The Laneige was one of the 1st I got to try and I loved it! So much so I kept ordering from South Korea until I saw it in Target:) I was so happy to see the whole line there is it more expensive to buy in the US yes, but to have it when I need it is really making me happy! Now this is meant to hydrate the skin while you sleep. I apply this after my products which include toner, aha serum, the balancing emulsion for oily to combo skin, CeravePM or Dr Jart Ceramidin then this. I wake up to very balanced skin that feels so soft. This line in general is supposed to keep your skin clear and I have had no breakouts with this product and I am acne prone I would say.

The scent does not bother my skin one bit. I really enjoy the scent for when I go to bed because it relaxes me. I also have the dupe of this which is the Lioele and I find the fragrance in it stings and it does not have all the good ingredients the Laneige has. I do not like jar packaging but it does come with a little spatula which, I keep clean. It goes on like a gel that thins out to feel like water absorbing into your skin. I really like how it cools my skin. In the Summer this is fantastic! I also use this before I go out as a mask to hydrate my skin and plump it up.

It has hyaluronic acid,orange flower, rose, and sandalwood. It also contains chestnut which, helps in retexturizing the skin. For me my skin has never been smoother or more even toned. I suffer from redness because my skin is so sensitive. With this I wake up to calm, hydrated skin. This really is a great mask for my combo/oily skin. It doesn't break me out, and gives my skin the hydration it needs without being greasy. It absorbs right in and gets rid of my dry patches while keeping my skin smooth. I really like this and I will repurchase now even more with the line being at Target. So, I'm stoked:) Totally Recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by bybare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just started using this sleeping mask in April this is my 2nd sleeping mask I'm getting off one lippy because I do prefer my super aqua over this one just because of the texture but overall this sleeping mask is fine. it provides a lot of moisture to my skin it's a huge jar but I do prefer my other one which is a tube just for sanitation reasons but this one also does a great job and just making my skin look glowy when I wake up. it does have a slight stronger scent but its not overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Madiann

If you drink or party you need this mask. If I apply this after a long night of fun I will wake up looking smooth, bright and awake even if I feel like poo. This is a big part of my hangover routine. A HG for sure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

The laneige water sleeping pack was one of my first korean skincare items, however, thankfully i didn't purchase it but i DID get two small tubs of it for free for purchasing some other laneige products.

I will say, the water sleeping pack is a decent moisturizer. It has a gel texture, very spreadable, makes you feel very refreshed! It easily sinks into the skin and leaves you feeling moisturized and supple. It does have a scent to it, it is a slightly fruity/fresh scent that I actually quite enjoy.

However, once you take a look at the sleeping pack ingredients, there's nothing super impressive about it. No brightening ingredients, botanicals, oils, etc stuff that actually keep your face balanced. It's kind of just a quick fix. There are plenty of other more moisturizing and truly healing moisturizers out there to spend your hard earned cash on!