Clinique Different Lipstick - Tenderheart

4.2

castor seed oil - cendelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)

on 2/19/2015 3:46:00 AM

I got this on a whim during a trip to Hong Kong in 2010 because it was on sale and it looked like a shade that would suit a lot of women (meaning I can give it to my Mom or my sister if need be). It looks darker and more brownish in the tube, but when I tried it on, it was a "my lips but better" shade. Love! I finished the tube pretty quickly because I consistently wore it at work. Staying power is not great as it has some slip, but I didn't mind retouching and the formula is buildable. I'm quite disappointed that I didn't buy more in HK. I've tried to look for the same shade in my country but the Clinique shops/booths were either out of stock or I'm scrimping at the time and didn't want to spend a lot on lipstick. I may take the plunge soon & finally get my 2nd tube!

on 8/12/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! 1 thing to know though is, color is different in the store than it looks "outside". I use Tenderheart all the time and wouldn't change brands if I were paid to!

When I had darker hair I used Double Fudge, but since my hair is now lighter 3-shades of blonde (to blend the white roots easier at my age of 54) Tenderheart is the exact beautiful color that loves me! I've never found a decent lipstick that didn't have an odor or nasty taste...look no further! I've been using Clinique's lipsticks and "Almost lipsticks" for many years. Nobody comes even close to having this quality.

The price isn't cheap, as it's not a cheap product. You get what you pay for, as I've learned. If it looks/tastes bad, how many x's are you going to buy it? I only need a couple of these per year.

on 1/18/2014 7:52:00 AM

I have the silver ribbed tube of lipstick in spice and use the clinique lip liner in root beer. This is my HG lipstick. As with ANY lipstick, it doesn't last forever, you must reapply maybe a couple times throughout the day. Does not dry my lips out and the color payoff is great. I prefer bronzers to blush year round and this color complements that look well. I've tried a lot of lipsticks from high end to wet n wild. Nothing against most of them, but Clinique has a winner here. I have tried other colors in this line and seems spot on with my fav-Spice.

Nice brown....looks good.

on 11/5/2013 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I had run out of a drugstore sheer lippie by Cover Girl and when I got this as GWP, it was perfect. I'd call it a sheer, slightly orange tinted (but natural) brown. Looks great with my fair-medium yellow undertones, green eyes and blonde hair. For days when I get sick of wearing pink lippies! I'd never pay full price though.

on 7/17/2013 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very pretty lipstick, but the color isn't right for me. It looks more brown than pink and it washes the color out from my skin. It's nice, but not for me.

on 6/12/2013 2:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Update: I have dyed my hair a darker brown with a little red. Now that my hair isn't lighter strawberry blonde, it doesn't look as good on me, but i still give it 5 lippies-just might be too light for darker complxions/hair.

I have used this color for decades and love it for everyday use. It's not too pink and not too brown. I have to be careful with lipstick color, because I have full lips and strawberry blonde hair/ruddy skin. If I'm not careful with lipstick I can look like a clown.

This is a great MLBB shade-natural-looking with just enough color.

on 6/1/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've somehow gotten this lipstick a few times in various gifts, and I love it! It's a great colour on me, even though I normally go for pinker lipsticks, mostly for evening though. I don't normally wear this during the day because of how dark it is and how pale I am. The staying power I find to be just better than average, but that's not a big deal for me. More important is how it fades, which for this lipstick is great. It doesn't stain and it doesn't do the weird line around the mouth thing. It just disappears evenly, which I like. This is definitely something I'd purchase once I run out of my samples!

on 5/20/2013 5:34:00 PM

This lipstick is really brown on me. I was kind of surprised at how many people say that this looks pink - I don't see it at all. I have pretty fair skin and this looks a little... muddy on my lips. I've always heard this looks great on everyone, but I guess I defy that logic. I wear it once in a while if I'm wearing exactly the right outfit, but mostly because I feel bad for purchasing it on a whim and I figure I'd better use it once in a while.

Also, the packaging can get a little gnarly. When it was new, I thought the shiny tube was heavy and nice. Now, just sitting on my makeup table for a while, it has gotten (for the lack of a better word) rusty - it hasn't come into contact with any water that I know of, so it's kind of baffling.

So, a word of warning - I bet this is lovely on some skin tones. However, be very cautious if you're fair-skinned (especially if your skin is very cool-toned).

on 4/13/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I initially thought this was a boring brown, but I realized I didn't give this color enough time to warm up on my lips. I tried it on again and realized what a beautiful, natural peachy pink this! I received so many compliments during my outing today. As far as application goes, I can get away with swiping this color by itself, but a feather light touch of my go-to liner (Rimmel's Coffee Bean) deepens it to absolute perfection.

Popular Lipsticks