NARS Pure Matte - Bangkok

on 6/1/2015 10:05:00 PM

I really, really love this lip stick. First off, I love matte lips. This is definitely matte without being over drying. The color is really natural on my NC 30-35 skin tone. The reason why I took off a lippie is because for the price, you can find a similar color for a lot less and probably get more product. This is a great color if you are looking for a very natural look, but don't expect this to have a ton of pigment.

on 7/1/2013 5:43:00 AM

Pure Matte as promised, but a bit too light for my skin especially in the summertime when I am more tan than usual. Lovely color on my mum who avoids the sun and is fairer. Very light pink, gorgeous color, could even be a nude.

on 6/1/2013 10:14:00 AM

I really like NARS. I think their products are good quality. However, this color looks horrible on me. My natural lip color is not pretty--very pale pink with a whitish cast, so I have to be careful when choosing a lipcolor. This one is too light and accentuated dry patches. It is very matte and I don't find it comfortable to wear. It has good staying power, which is why I didn't give it a 1. Colorwise, I find it to be a nudish peach, not pink, but that could just be how it looks on me.

on 9/1/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because of how impressed I was with Vesuvio (see review), so I decided to try another colour.

Am NC44 and Bangkok has a frosty light pinkinsh finish on me. It wasn't what I was expecting but it is nice to have a different finish and don't have a lippie like it. However, if I wanted frosty, I prob would have gone with MAC and cheaper.

The formula is not as softy and easy to wear as vesuvio, which I find velvety and non-drying. Lips need to be in good condition to wear Bangkok. Think the formula is better with the darker colours.

As I said in the Vesuvio review, I think the colours in this range are not great for me. Wouldn't buy Bangkok again and I think too expensive, but still will wear it. Imagine I will be tempted to look again at the darker colours when the buying bug bites, despite myself.

on 5/25/2012 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Neutral light-to-medium pink. Applies slightly powdery, but it's far from dry. It's not drying, either. There's an ever so subtle golden sheen to it -- visible only really up close -- which gives it some dimension. Although I prefer Sephora's Maniac Mat formula to this, it's not bad per se.

on 10/8/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Package: Tiny, for what you're paying. Sturdy and slim, the cap snaps on and off.

The Product: Bangkok is such a lovely color with a subtle shimmer, but the texture leaves something to be desired. I know that a matte lipstick usually means dry, but without chapstick under this lipstick, I'm not sure you could even smooth it over your lips. Even with balm, this particular color is very very flattering, and lasts for at least 3-4 hours without fading.

The Price: You only get a small amount of product for what you pay for, unfortunately. :(

on 10/1/2011 3:01:00 PM

This color is so gorgeous. It's such a pretty, rosy pink. It looks great with my super pale skin, but I bet it would flatter all skin tones. The only problem is IT'S SO DRY. It's so dry that I can barely get it on my lips even when I have prepped with lots of lip balm. It's not my lips, it's the dry texture of the lip stick. I was so excited for the lipstick, too bad it's so dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

SUCH a beautiful color! I'm an NC-15/20 and this complements my complexion really well. It lasts as a lipstick for about an hour and a half and then for about two and a half hours after that as a lipstain. (Meaning there's color but no lipsticky texture.)

HOWEVER this is a really dry formula. It doesn't dry out our lips but it's difficult to get on so it takes a lot of product.

For the price, I won't be re-purchasing.

on 7/31/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Very good color on my skin, it's a dark pink but works wonder on olive complexion. However I recommend using a lip balm before applying it. Last long even when drinking/eating.

on 6/3/2011 12:50:00 AM

It's like a dark pink, nude color. Doesn't show up very well on my lips (they're always very red), and it comes out as a dark, dark pink that makes me look older. When I try putting concealer over my lips before the lipstick, it's an unflattering shade on me.

It tends to dry out my lips, and emphasizes the lines/cracks. Also, $25 for the tiny size is outrageous.

I really wanted to like it, especially after swatching it on my skin. But it just doesn't show up nicely on my lips. Not buying again.

Recommended for Medium Skin