October 20, 2014 | 2061 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by sunkiss3d

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been wearing Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for about 2 years now. I wear it as my daily foundation. Love it because it's lightweight (watery consistency), and (the most important thing!) doesn't break me out. My skin is dry sensitive and I have some acne scars. I'm NC40 in MAC but I use Vitalumiere Aqua in B40 which is a bit lighter than my skintone when I first apply it. After about 1-2 hours, the color looks more natural on my skin. I only set it with powder on my t-zone during the warmer months. During colder months I prefer not to set it with powder at all to keep the dewy finish so that my skin won't look too dry.

PROS:
- Lightweight
- Satin finish - it looks dewy when you first apply it, but after about one hour it turns into satin finish on my skin
- Compact and sleek packaging - I travel a lot and I can easily carry it in my purse
- Long lasting - at least on my skin it could last up to 8 hours on me without retouch (one layer)
- Has SPF 15

Cons:
- Expensive
- Limited color selection (especially for women of color) - B shades (B10-B50) have yellow undertone while BR shades (BR10-BR50) have more pink undertone
- Sheer finish (though build able) - if you prefer medium to heavy coverage, you might not like this foundation
- I never like its strong floral scents (though it doesn't irritate my skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mgeiger7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because i had been looking for something more light coverage. When i put it on my face, it felt so light and airy and smelled amazing. I thought there was no way it would last/look good on my skin.
I love this foundation so much. It smells super good and looks like you are not wearing any makeup and also feels that way. Surprisingly, it gives good coverage for a water based foundation. You really do not need a whole lot of it to cover your face which is also very surprising. It glides on so beautifully and it gives off a glow without feeling sticky. I have recieved so many compliments while wearing this foundation.
There is only one bad thing. The packaging could be better. I am not fond of how you can't see how much is left. There really is no way to tell how much is left.
Overall, I am obsessed with this foundation. Lasts long, smells great, gives you that glow. I definitely will be purchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

The foundation would be great if they had the shade 21 beige ocre not just in asian this shade would match me better because 10 was too light 20 too dark. Also alcohol is high up in the ingredient list and dried out my sensitive combinatination skin. This has light coverage doesn't cover redness and settles into pores finelines and pitted acne scars plus it doesn't blur imperfections it way to runny. As the name saids aqua true like water.
The only great thing is the packaging come in a small plastic bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard about this foundation so much on blogs and on youtube, everyone was hyping about this, saying this is their HG and go-to foundation, regardless of their skin types, from oily to dry to sensitive skin. For a long time I kinda ignored the hype about this, thinking it wouldn't be for me anyway.
My skin is extremely oily around my nose whereas the rest is normally to dry. I have a lot of redness going on around my cheeks and some dark spots around my chin - not the easiest skin to work with.
In the end I decided to stop ignoring the hype and go to my local store that sells Chanel and try it out in the store. Of course the lady at the counter told me to shake it well since it's water based, all that stuff you've probably heard a thousand times when you've done a little bit of research on the internet.
So i squeezed a little bit on the back of my hand and worked it in. I was a bit surprised, since it didn't really feel like anything. It felt like putting water on the back out your hand and rubbing it in. Also I didn't see any kind of coverage, my hand looked just the same but it had that kinda hard to describe blowy healthy looking skin look, also it felt a lot smoother and had a very nice florally scent.
Anyway I left the store without buying it cause I had mixed feelings on the foundation, however an hour or so later I looked at my hand again an it still had that healthy look and looked a lot better and less red (yes, i have some redness on my hands as well) than the other hand so I figured it had given me some kind of coverage after all.
I went straight back and bought the foundation since I was just curious to find out if this would work with my strange skin, the lady told me it would work just fine with any kind of skin type.

So that was me getting the foundation, now onto the foundation itself:
It's very runny, feels so lightweight and soft, after applying it your skin is gonna feel like you literally have nothing on.
I'd say this has a light to medium coverage, perfect for everyday.
When it comes to oil control this isn't the best foundation ever since it gives that kinda dewy look.
I set it with the Chanel Les Beiges powder and whilst it kept me looking healthy but not oily for about 2-3 around my nose, it stayed on all day in my dry areas. I applied it around 6 am in the morning and when I get home around 5 pm it still looked flawless, like I had just applied it, blowy, dewy, healthy.
So all in all,
PROS:
nice healthy look
great staying powder on normal to dry skin
enough coverage to wear every day

CONS:
not great for oily skin
a bit pricey

Hope I could help y'all :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To preface, I have very oily skin that cannot be tamed by any skincare product, mattifier, spray, foundation, primer, powder, etc. And, I have large pores that require lots of buffing from my foundation brush.

I thought this foundation left a lovely finish on the skin, felt light, didn't oxidize, and had a pleasant fragrance. However, it could not stand up to my oily glands. Thus, it became super transferrable by mid-day.

It does not leave a very matte finish. I would say that it leaves a satin-matte finish, even after setting it with a translucent powder. But, that's the finish I prefer because I think matte foundations can easily lead to the cakey look that I abhor. Also, it's not like matte foundations control the oily look of my face anyway.

It's definitely not my HG foundation, but my patience with foundations really has grown over the years, and I would repurchase it again.

I'm around an NC 20-25 in MAC and I use the shade 30 Beige.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by kyliekmakeup

This is honestly one of the best foundations I have tried and I'm a foundation junkie! This is a very water based foundation so make sure you shake well. It is very runny which makes for smooth and blendable application. It has a very natural skin like finish, slightly dewy and although my oily skin tends to get slightly shiny after 4 or 5 hours with a quick powder after application it lasts even longer ( 8+ hours ). It has a buildable coverage and can be light or even medium-full. I find this is best applied with a brush such as a stippling, foundation or flat foundation brush. Even fingers will work! I do not recommend a sponge because it might get too soaked up because of the texture. Overall best foundation I have ever tried. The only thing is the packaging isn't quite as luxurious as I expected from a high end brand like Chanel but it is also very convenient for travel so it had it's pros and cons depending on your liking :)

EDIT: My skin has acne and is acne prone and I actually found that after a week or so the texture, appearance and my acne had gotten a lot better! Another note is that by the end of the day my acne would be dried up by the foundation and it would just flake off similar to what happens after applying acne cream! I was so thrilled I don't think I will ever be able to buy another foundation that is not vitalumiere aqua

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by OliviaWalter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everything about this foundation is great, except for the fact that it ruined my skin! My skin is not acne-prone, I usually have relatively good skin, however this foundation broke me out in places where I have never had problems before! I tried this foundation after picking up a sample and loved it, it was my ideal foundation, lightweight, dewy finish, not at all cakey, make my skin look flawless! However just after one use, I was surprised by a cluster of pesky red spots on my upper lip, after one week these spots have still not budged! However I decided to give it another go to see if maybe it was something else, but the same thing happened, more spots arose! It's so disappointing, if it wasn't for side effects of this foundation I would have bought it within a split second!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by amyrose1592

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I have combination skin, but I can't tell tbh. I have dry flaky patches, prone to acne, some foundations make me oily, others just cake right up. This is the only foundation I have out of a mass collection that just works the way it should, and when i say collection im talking nars sheer glow (which i wanted to love but looked cakey on me) mac studio fix fluid, various drug store foundation my list is endless. Chanel vita lumiere aqua is a godsend, it goes on smoothly and is not heavy feeling or cakey, it lasts all day (i set with makeup setting spray not powder) and I have been getting great comments about my skin from friends! Using in shade B20, i have recommended this to many friends and everyone i know who has purchased has fallen in love with it. I think i will always repurchase.
Tip- if you are unsure and they won't give you a tester, they can do your makeup in the store. Wear it all day and see how you like it that's what I did :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by somuchfawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is great, BUT, and this a big but, it oxidizes HORRIBLY to the point where it is unwearable. After thirty minutes your face WILL turn orange. I asked the lady at Chanel why this was happening and she said I was applying wrong. She applied it for me and thirty minutes later oxidation was still terrible. Returned for refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by fxcktammy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my favourite foundations and it lasts for a really long time. One time I was sleeping over at my friends house and I didn't take off my makeup (I know thats gross) and when I woke up, my foundation still looked great even after 24 hours and I have typical teenage acne prone skin. I would say the coverage is about medium, but it is buildable and feels very lightweight on the skin. My favourite thing about this product is that it doesn't break me out and covers acne & hyper pigmentation very well. This does contain fragrance in it but I really love the smell of it, and it doesn't irritate my skin. The only thing I do not like about this foundation is the price..I believe its around $60 (CAD)

Overall great foundation for for just about anyone, highly recommend!