September 30, 2014 | 1930 users online

Blush - Canmake - Cream Cheek

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For a dry-skinned girl, it is unfair that powder blushes outnumber cream blushes ten to one. I have heard the reason is that a wider range of colors can be made into powder form. But have you seen how powder blushes look on dry skin? It exaggerates the appearance of pores and does not blend that well on top of foundation, whereas its creamy cousin is much more cooperative. YSL and Le Métier de Beauté both make good cream blushes, but this one by Canmake does the drugstore proud. The color I have is 01, which is a standard baby doll pink with the subtle glitter that comes with all Canmake's cream cheek products. The pink isn't exceptional by any measure. In fact, my main beef with drugstore makeup is the unimaginative color palette, moreso than the packaging or the staying power. Canmake is no different in that regard. The swatches shown on various blogs, through some magical filter, all look warm and wearable, but in real life they all bear a neon tint. But once I stopped hoping for an exceptional color, I have come to love how buildable and natural-looking this is. This goes on lighter than it looks, mixes with foundation well, and helps create a healthy glow that doesn't feel heavy-handed. I also use it as a base for powder blushes to make them last longer. Finally, it is portable and ideal for touching up. If I find another wearable color, I'm definitely getting that too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by bunnyxcarrots

i kinda have a love hate relationship with this product.
Lets start of with the good thing first.
i LOVE the texture of this cream blush its really creamy and its by far the most pigmented cream blush I've ever used. The staying power is awesome and it doesn't have that greasy nor powdery finish, its really natural.
Bad things are most shades are cool tone which i do not prefer so i only got no. 05. i think its call sweet apricot... not sure. what i hate the most about it is there are tons of glitter in it! i don't know why i didn't realize there are so much glitter in it at first.
I got this 2 years ago and i heard that they've made a new formula with less shimmer/glitter, so i'll probably get another and see if there are less glitter as the price are quite cheap too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by rlmy112

I like the packaging of this product. But then I feel like Cream cheek is not the thing for me. I prefer cheek powder comes with an applicator but this one does not. I think the cream cheek is hard to blend on my face. Also, the pot gets messy as every time you apply it by fingers. It's pigmented but inconvenient to apply. I also dont like the jelly, creamy, sticky like texture. I prefer powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I must be one of the few people who don't absolutely adore the cream cheeks. It is quite pigmented, easy to blend, and are all beautiful colors BUT it lasts literally only an hour before it's completely gone from my face -_-;;

Currently I own all of the permanent colors from the cream cheeks, powder cheeks, and blush duos, as well as some LE colors for each of the lines. My least favorite is the cream cheeks, and it's precisely that lack of lasting power that completely turned me off.

I have oily asian skin and i normally prefer to apply my cheek colors after i set my liquid fdnt with a setting/loose powder already. In my attempts with the cream cheeks though, i have tried also applying it on top of my liquid fdnt, then setting everything with a powder, as well as do my usual liquid fdnt + powder, then cream cheeks and THEN another powder on top. In both cases, the cream cheek somehow just disappeared from my face between 8:40 when i applied, and 8:50 when i get into my car to drive to work. O___o

i have heard my friend saying the lasting power is fine when she sets it with another powder blush. but what's the point???? if i'm going to use a powder blush anyway, i might as well just go for a powder blush from the getgo, instead of having to do a two step process and wasting precious time.

it really is strange, when i first apply it, it is as pigmented as people say, and it's easy to blend and immediately after applying i can certainly see it on my face, beautifully blended out to a natural flush. but seriously, within 20 min or so, completely gone.

I'm giving it a 2 mainly because= it IS pigmented and has easy blendability. However, it's a total waste of time for me due to the lack of lasting power.

for me the powder cheeks and the blush duos ended up being major stars for me instead lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have two in 10 and 02. 10 is a peach shade while 02 is a more cooler milky pink, but on my yellow asian skin, they both look lovely. Packaging is cheap, cute, and lightweight, but what do you expect for something this cheap? I bought this in watsons while I was in Taiwan for around $4-$6 USD I believe. The one in 10 has no shimmer while the 02 pink shade does have flecks of shimmer. I am more of a matt blush girl so I tend to use the 02 less because it is very shimmery. These blend super easily and are reasonably pigmented, but dont expect them to be NARS cream blush pigmented. Easy and quick to use when I am in a rush to school. Last relatively OK on my combo skin during winter, but in the summer I do have to reapply at school. I really do think they are worth the money, but the downside is that these tend to break me out a bit and im not a huge fan of blushes with shimmer in them. I dont really get pimples from products, and its not only these it seems. Every time I use ANY cream blush, I tend to get a few red bumps where I applied it LATER IN THE DAY. it goes away if I dont use the product the next day, but still -sigh-. It's for sure the blush because I dont wear foundation/bb cream or whatever. Overall if you dont have this problem then I would definitely give it a try considering how cheap it is. However if you have oily combo skin do not expect this to last long on you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the "Pinky Rose" shade. I LOVE it. The formula is smooth and melty, blends easily. The colour is bright but not garish. It's got a silky feel to it -- I apply with fingers. Lasts all day for me even if applied over bare skin.

The problems with it are that it A) isn't available easily in the USA and B) the packing is flimsy. I dropped mine one time and the clasp shattered instantly. Not a blush you can carry about in a purse safely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 07. Very easy to apply and stays for 5-6 hours through the day - pretty good lasting power. I layer this after my liquid foundation and before my loose powder for a "glow from within look". The only thing I don't like is the flimsy packaging, the hinge broke within a day of me purchasing it, and I have to superglue it back, now 18 months later, it has broken off again, and since I have hit pan, I don't bother to glue it back anymore. They really should do something more sturdy with their packaging, something similar to their Powder Cheeks casing would be good. For this, I took off a lippie, otherwise still a decent, value-for-money cream blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by hslo

I have these in 07 Coral Orange and 08 Marshmallow Pink, but I tend to use 07 more often for a natural flush on my Asian skin tone. A little of this blush really goes a long way; anything else gives you a clownish look. The lasting power is also pretty good. Very easy to apply with your fingers, but others will probably prefer a brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love these! They are very cheap and come in a variety of very pretty colours! I own strawberry whip and marshmallow pink. Most of the colours have shimmer in them, but its fine shimmer and perfectly wearable in my opinion. They are very pigmented and very easy to blend which makes it a dream to apply. However, the staying power isn't too great. Although it will stay for a few hours, just not a full day. They also make a great base for powder blushes! Used as a base it adds to the colour and allows it to stay all day! Overall a very cute blush that comes in many cute colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:24:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own 01, 02, 03, & 04. all canmake cream cheek are slightly shimmery
01 is pale peachy pink, very pale and sweet colored
02 is cherry pink which is a slightly reddish hot pink
03 is strawberry whip, very pale milky pink. Very cute!!!!
04 is vitamin orange which is orange that's not too in-your-face

The texture of the blushes is extremely creamy. Very smooth, buildable and doesn't require too many layers because it is nicely pigmented. I am so happy all the cream cheeks contain tiny shimmers not glitters . If these were matte i think it would look too flat and not dimentional. They look good in photos and one time I went swimming in the beach and did not touch my face at all, came home and was shocked to find my blush fully intact and nice! Canmake cream
Cheeks are a steal for $8!!!! Best cream blush ever since there's is about 12 to choose from!