October 22, 2014 | 1407 users online

Styling Products - Suave - Professionals Weather Protection 365 Anti-Frizz and Flyaway Cream Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been trying to save money by not buying expensive things. I gotta say that I'm amazed by the way makeup amd hair products have changed. Really, itused to be that pretty much everything at the drugstore sucked. Not anymore, and not this anti frizz cream by suave. Its light, doesnt have much fragrance and it left my hair super soft without crunch.

This and the whipped cream mousse are my favorite products. They are both suave. I never would have believed their stuff could be so good.

I'm a wavy/curly hair type as well. I too have been looking for products to help me stay away from heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by teganslaw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product! I have fine hair and this does a good job controlling frizz and fly -aways. All you need is a small amount, so it will last a long time.It works as well as salon products for a much lower price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by CKosturski25

Love, love, love, love!!
I found this for $2 at Harmon yesterday, while looking for a spray in conditioner type thing. This caught my eye, because it promised exactly what I needed - tame frizz and static. My hair is fine, thin, medium length, and I am always on the hunt for something that will de-static it, especially in the winter months. For $2 this did the trick AND smelled great, like coconuts. I wasn't as big a fan of the hairspray (I preferen a more fine mist; this hairspray was a little more...wet) but the cream is an A++! Hoooooray - if you have staticky hair, go for this! I need to stock up on more!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by curlvaceouscutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have short, curly hair and I bought this, because I often had to double the amount of gel I was using to tame my frizz. This is SO GREAT. It smells good, and you only have to use a really small amount to get it to work! It definetly goes a LONG way, and the price is great! It's super light and my hair easily gets weighed down, this is fabulous! Girls- carry this is your purse, anyone can use it and a small dollop can save your hair-and your best friends! It really is great for protecting against humidity. I've never used Biolage, but this is def. worth the 2 bucks I forked over for it. Suave has done a great job!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I've been using this product and hairspray of the same name since August. I love them both, and when I see them 2 for $5.00 at Stop and Shop groceries, I load up thinking they might just get discontinued since outside of that store and Duane Reade pharmacies in NYC, I can't find this anywhere else.
I have not used this exclusively as a gel, but mainly as a finishing cream though as a light gel too. I apply it to wet or damp hair, and then when my hair is dry, again for shine and control. I also apply it whenever my hair seems a bit dry or frizzy, you can reapply this with no build up at all, to a pony tail to give it a bit more bounce and shine the 2nd day, etc. I was using expensive Bed Head finishing cream, still like it for now and then, but this smooths out an up do and also gives hair volume without making it still, too greasy, dull or heavy. It does help with humidity, though I have a med condition that causes my hair and skin to lack moisture, and so short of a miracle nothing is perfect. Still, very nice little product, few products out there quite like it, hope they do not discontinue it. The hair spray is also very good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by PKWO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely astounded at how well this product works! I didn't have high expectations since 1- it's Suave and 2- it was dirt cheap! I bought it at a local grocery store with a coupon- 1.59. I have long very fine curly hair that's been damaged from straightening and coloring.

I used this product yesterday (about a nickle sized dollop) and then blow dried my hair straight. My hair came out very soft, looked very healthy and stayed straight the entire day. Towards the end of the day, I did have a few fly aways on the crown that started curling up but considering I used no hair spray, I think that's pretty good.

Today I decided to use it again but leave my hair curly. I used a quarter sized dollop, combed it through my hair and let my hair air dry for about 30 minutes. Then I blew it dry with a diffuser. The result was beautiful spiral curls that not only looked dry but were very soft. I hate that wet crunchy look and feel that most gels and mousses give you. I have a whole drawer of products that do exactly that and cost a small fortune.

Granted it is October so I have no idea how this product will work in the heat and humidity of summer but for now, I love it and won't use anything else. As a matter of fact, I'm headed back to that grocery store to buy the last two tubes. I've read this product is hard to find so I'm going to stock up while I can.

*******************************************************************
Update! After using this for about a week, I've decided it's great for every day use. When you're going out or have a special occasion, I'd recommend Small Talk by Bed Head if you have curly hair. Suave 365 just doesn't hold all day. My curls started looking droopy after a few hours. And yes, this product is still very hard to find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have really thick hair and surprisingly this worked! I had my doubts because it got it for $1-2 at a local grocery store. This really tamed my hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

Why are there not more products like this? I have thick, wavy-curly hair that goes past my shoulders. I normally use some sort of serum or anti-frizz creme before blowing it out or letting it air dry (which is rare). I'm trying to minimize the heat damage and leave it wavy/curly more often, so have been on the hunt for multi-tasking products - namely, something that can smooth but also provide some hold. I discovered this in this year's Allure-Best of Beauty magazine, and it was just one of those cheap thrills listed that I had to have. A thrill, indeed. This unassuming creme-gel has the best of both the runny/milky cremey-serumy products and a basic gel. What sold me on it right away was the texture, which is light and instantly disappears off your hands - no silicone-y mess. It also feels like my hair is actually absorbing it instead of coating it in another slippery, silicone-y mess (one which I was rather unaware of until I tried this wonder and realized things could be different.) I don't think any product truly prevents frizz and completely smooths, but this has been as close to it as any other product, with added benefit of a flexible hold that doesn't weigh hair down. Another great quality - it works well on both damp and dry hair. A steal of a multi-tasking product at about $3 - really, could not ask for more. More drugstores need to stock this Weather 365 line - it was hard to find. Contemplating stocking up on it, and I NEVER stock up on hair products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so shocked at how well this works - I got it on sale at Stop and Shop for 2.50! I have given away so many expensive hair products including paul mitchell, redken, kerastase...I just used this on my daughter's wavy frizzy hair and mine (which is the same as hers only worse b/c mine is chemically processed). Really...the softness and smoothness are incredible and no greasiness or flat, limp hair. She usually hates when I use any product on her hair, but it is so humid out right now that I had to use something and I decided to give this a try. I have never seen this anywhere else and it caught my eye b/c i have been trying to find some less expensive hair products and suave has always been OK as far as bargain brands go. This does not act like a bargain brand hair product at all - if you gave this to me in an unmarked bottle, I would think that it had to be from a salon. Unbelievable in its own right, but especially for the price...wow. It takes a lot to impress me with products, but this deserves a strong 5!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No