April 21, 2014 | 1214 users online

Eye Shadow - mark - On the Dot Eye Color Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough good things about this product! All of the colors are so vibrant and look great on my eyes. I've used color combinations that I never would've thought to try because of this palette and I don't regret it. The colors stay on my eyes all day, too. The packaging is really cute and simple, I just dislike the applicator but it's easy to swap it with another eyeshadow brush.
Overall, this eyeshadow palette is one of my favorites and I'll definitely be purchasing another one! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was blown away when this little brand by Avon, mark, came out with this pigment-packed palette. The formula of these nine little shadows is SUPER intense pearl, like MAC loose pigment pots in pressed form.

How can you tell? don't use the applicator --in fact, toss it! -- The trick is to touch each shade with your finger and "break" the surface press till it starts to feel "broken in". Once this happens, you'll see the *true* texture of this velvety, frothy powder that feels almost "wet". You know how MAC pigment pots look, upon opening, "spongy" or "curdled"? Like large particle bunches, instead of individual fine particles? and when you press it into the skin the platelets form a metallic sheet that's like "foiling"? That's what this formula looks like and PERFORMS like - intense, metallic, and gleaming.

Take the teal green and smear it across your lid. Wet a thin brush, dip it in the cobalt blue and draw a streak across your lashline. This is no delicate "shimmer". It's bold. Seems tailor-made for dark skins. I dare you to compare this to one of the most pigmented MAC loose pigments. it is makeup professional quality, which still stuns me. But i guess that's why the price is way higher than other mark. products and the pans are teeny tiny in comparison (!). But the pigment punch gives you bang for your buck and the colors are such accent pops! Even the neutrals get full use.

Just remember -- toss that applicator and get the most payoff with your fingers.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

I really love eyeshadows and thought when I purchased this palette I was going to love them. The colors are really vibrant and I was looking forward to trying them all. HOWEVER, after applying the eyeshadow, more of it fell under my eyes than ended up on my lids - even used shadow primer. I was very disappointed. I tried several different colors and they all did the same thing - more on my face than on my eye lids. Possibly just a bad palette? Maybe but I won't purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I have had this one for a long time now but forgot to do a review until I see it on here. ;-) I always like to tell it as I see it no matter what others think. I love small palettes that can fit into a purse and this is one of those kind, and they are good quality Mark shadows. The only thing that turned me off as soon as I opened it was, the shadows are not as bright and lively colors as displayed in the book & on the internet. ;-( They looked colorful, very similar to some of UD colors in Mark's advertisements, but they are not. I kept it, and I do use it sometimes, but it is not one of my grab & use type palettes. I have a lot of Mark palettes & Avon's Flip palettes so this is just another one to add to that collection. There are numerous gold tone colors that are good for the holidays so perhaps I will use it more often soon.
I gave it a 3 on overall rating because I think the advertisement is misleading, a 2 on price because it is pretty inexpensive for what you get, and a 5 on the packaging because it is so useful of a container. I said no to buying it again, as I am sure this one will be around for a very long time. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by djchera69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! Wish the circles were bigger, they are a little hard to get on a eyeshadow brush but worth it when you do. very pigmented and bright metallic I think I will also order another one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by CaptainObvious

I love this product so much that I decided to buy a second one before I am even finished my first compact. That way, if the product gets discontinued I at least have a back-up!

This compact has nine eye shadow shades, all metallic. They really make your eyes POP.

The colors included are:
- A grey shade
- A brownish purple shade
- A green shade
- A pinkish purple shade

They all look really nice on my eyes! I'd have to say my two favourite ones are the the blue and green shades, there's so much intensity! I don't normally wear those two colors on my eyes, but the shade really works well with my skin tone and eyes! I usually wear a similar matte or lightly shimmery eyeshadow shade underneath and add the metallic shade for extra color and sparkle.

This is seriously my favourite compact of eyeshadows, I've been using it every day!

It has a cute packaging as well, nice and small to fit in a purse or even a small clutch. The eyeshadows themselves are small, but a little goes a long way.

Love it.