July 28, 2014 | 2026 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this to be a really good serum at an affordable price point. I am not really into drugstore brands when it comes to face lotions or serums but after reading the rave reviews it got from cosmetics guru Paula Begun I was intrigued.

This product has everything one could wish to find in a serum - many cell-communicating ingredients, peptides, antioxidants,and a plethora of other anti-aging ingredients. It also contains something called skin-identical glycerin - I have no idea what that is but it sounds fancy and good for the skin. I also really like that it has mineral pigments which give off a glowy and radiant appearance which I find to be similar (albeit more subtle) to MAC's Strobe Cream. I purchased the fragrance free version, which sounds like its a newer release based on a lot of negative reviews about the scent.

This is pricey for a drugstore item, but really affordable as far as serums go. I have purchased a lot of high priced serums in my time and most of them were a waste of money. Actually none of them had an ingredient list like Olay's, so spending $29 on this stuff really is an excellent deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

I had such high hopes for this serum but alas, no good. None of Olay's products have irritated me in 15 years of use, but this did. I don't even have particularly sensitive skin. A patch test in the store did not have any adverse reactions so that night I applied it after a gentle oil cleanse. I then noticed an angry, red, bumpy inflammation on my neck where I patch tested. The serum had only been on my face 10mins by the time I removed it but my chin and creases of my nose were already irritated. No product ever has made my skin react like this. Before this I was using Olay's daily revitalising serum which seemed to be slowly improving my skin tone but did not provide much hydration. no adverse reactions so may switch back until I find a better serum. The packaging is good and it has a Best rating from Paula's Choice, so if you are interested give it a go, but make sure you patch test and leave it a few hours/overnight in case it is irritating!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Pros:
1) smooth silky texture.
2)Not sticky
3)Easy to blend and fast to absorb.
4)didn't break me out
5)hydrating
6)packaging is hygienic since it is in a pump form

Cons:
1)The fragrance is quite strong.
2)doesn't sculpt your face

I recommend it as a moisturizer to oily skin since it is hydrating enough and yet, does not over moisturize. Overall, i like it as a moisturizer rather than a serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Evablue87

Used olay total 7 lotion but it always peeled off on my face and caused me troubles. I changed to this because it has similar ingredients plus peptides. The texture is light, has scent and sparkling things (disappear when I apply on my face). I use this day and night, and So far it is great. I find it not super hydrating but not oily or dry. Very happy, no troubles and feel comfortable on my skin. Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just don't get the high reviews for the Olay products. I break out from every single one I've tried. Most are heavily fragranced with an overpowering old-lady scent. I tried the fragrance free version of this, but my face burned and looked red and irritated.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by AllyShh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing the unscented version of this serum.

I have resisted serums in the past because they scared me. My skin has been so bipolar, I was always afraid to add something that I thought would make me oiler or break me out. Now that I seem to have my skin under control with Retin-A Micro and TriLuma, I thought I would give this serum a try, based on the great reviews here at MUA.

The consistency surprised me. I don't know why, but I imagined a serum to be liquid, oily. This is more like a lotion. It goes on very nicely and instantly makes my skin feel softer. After two weeks of use, my skin feels lovely.

This product has not caused me any sort of breakouts or irritation (HUGE deal for me!). I don't know what "microsculpting" is, exactly. All I do know is that my skin looks and feels great. I love that using this serum reduces my moisturizer usage. I currently use a pricey moisturizer (Clinique Youth Surge), and I'm happy to use less of it.

Price-wise, I gave three Lippies because I'm not really sure how serums are priced. This is probably a good price somewhere between a luxe serum and a drugstore brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin,but i never got such bad reaction from a product like this one!
This stuff made me wake up with a swollen red face.
My face looks terrible,dried out skin with wrinkles i never even had!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by LiFen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to have a try on this serum after I read many positive reviews about this products.
Unfortunately,this serum doesn't works for my skin. I have oily skin and tend to have some acnes when menstruation.Unlike other serum,this serum is in cream based.At first when I applied this onto my face,my face is soft and smooth.However,after about an hour,my face turned to become very oily and greasy.
Other than the oily and greasy feel that leave on my face,I don't see any improvement on my face.I don't have fine lines or wrinkles so I can't judge how's it works on this point. Furthermore, I don't see any difference on my skin tone and my skin isn't firmer even after about 3 months of usage.It's can be categorized as an expensive product in most drug stores and hence I have a high expectation on this serum but it ended up with disappointment.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently returned to this serum after trying to use more natural serums for the last 8 months without good results. Before I tried to change my skincare, I used this for a year or so and loved it.

The Regenerist Serums really work well for me. My skin is normal to slightly oily and prone to mild redness. Ingredients in skincare seem to really affect whether I will have mild redness or no redness.

I think I get good results from Regenerist Serums because I respond well to niacinamide in my skin care products and they contain niacinamide in high enough concentrations for good skin benefits. I specifically chose the micro-sculpting serum because it doesn't contain preservatives that my skin is sensitive to and because it has no ingredients known to irritate borderline sensitive skin like mine.

I use this as a moisturizer, not to "micro-sculpt" so I can't really give feedback on its anti-aging properties. I'm only 37 y/o so my only signs of aging are some fine lines around my eyes.

I like that this gives light moisturization, seems to decrease my redness, and isn't irritating in any way to my skin.

It's more expensive than other Olay serums but it gives me the ingredients I'm comfortable with and addresses my skincare concerns.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a very smooth serum that can double as a dry skin primer under foundation. I started using it after my skin became flaky and dry from using facial scrubs and prescription retinoids. This helps boost the performance of my regular moisturiser, probably due to the glycerin in it. It comes in a pump but it can be hard to twist it to lock or unlock.