September 23, 2014 | 2038 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this as Paula's Choice gave it a good review, praising it's skincare ingredients for the price. I'm still young but I still wanted to upgrade my skincare products and try products that are more beneficial for the skin and until now I have focused entirely on hydration - still a big focus as I have very dry skin, but I do want to keep my skin looking young and plump for as long as I can, and to try and ensure it stays in good condition when I am older.

Price is a little high, but still way more affordable than brands such as Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. I do like that you get 50ml and that the pump packaging works well. It has a bit of fragrance, but thankfully it didn't irritate my skin. The serum is slightly creamy and looks pearlescent. It also spreads smoothly and you can make a little go a long way. I know you can't always observe the effects these products have but using this my skin didn't appear to get any worse or any better. I know sometimes the best you can hope for and want is a reliable product, which addresses your skin's needs. I'm thinking that for myself, it may not be the best choice available.

I have recently purchased a new serum which hydrates my skin a lot better than this one. So I think I will be switching to that. I use multiple products in my skincare routine and they complemented the insufficient hydration I was receiving from the serum. While I never felt dry using it for that reason, I still much prefer the hydration boost I get with my newer serum, My de-hydration/fine? lines are less visible now.

I think this is a nice light serum, which made my skin feel smooth and I experienced no adverse effects. I think this would be a really nice product to complement someone's skincare routine, someone who has maybe combination or normal skin. I am glad I tried it but I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by lumjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have admittedly temperamental skin and i am a product junkie. so i try all kinds of products to find what suits me. I've spent on dermatologists and skii and pretty much everything else in between... but i have never had a product that i couldnt even wear for a full day because i can literally see red angry bumps forming within the first 20 mins of putting it on. Im an idiot and i tried it on 3 days just because i cannot believe how my skin can react so badly to a product!!!! ok... so i stop using it on my face and dont want to throw the new product away... and used it as moisturiser for my elbows, knee caps and the tough skin on the bottom of my feet. they got tingly and then they got RED... which is why i feel the need to tell everyone. ive used bad products on those areas to finish up the products i cant use on my face and this is the first time a product has cause this kind of reaction. BEWARE!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this to be a really good serum at an affordable price point. I am not really into drugstore brands when it comes to face lotions or serums but after reading the rave reviews it got from cosmetics guru Paula Begun I was intrigued.

This product has everything one could wish to find in a serum - many cell-communicating ingredients, peptides, antioxidants,and a plethora of other anti-aging ingredients. It also contains something called skin-identical glycerin - I have no idea what that is but it sounds fancy and good for the skin. I also really like that it has mineral pigments which give off a glowy and radiant appearance which I find to be similar (albeit more subtle) to MAC's Strobe Cream. I purchased the fragrance free version, which sounds like its a newer release based on a lot of negative reviews about the scent.

This is pricey for a drugstore item, but really affordable as far as serums go. I have purchased a lot of high priced serums in my time and most of them were a waste of money. Actually none of them had an ingredient list like Olay's, so spending $29 on this stuff really is an excellent deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

I had such high hopes for this serum but alas, no good. None of Olay's products have irritated me in 15 years of use, but this did. I don't even have particularly sensitive skin. A patch test in the store did not have any adverse reactions so that night I applied it after a gentle oil cleanse. I then noticed an angry, red, bumpy inflammation on my neck where I patch tested. The serum had only been on my face 10mins by the time I removed it but my chin and creases of my nose were already irritated. No product ever has made my skin react like this. Before this I was using Olay's daily revitalising serum which seemed to be slowly improving my skin tone but did not provide much hydration. no adverse reactions so may switch back until I find a better serum. The packaging is good and it has a Best rating from Paula's Choice, so if you are interested give it a go, but make sure you patch test and leave it a few hours/overnight in case it is irritating!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Pros:
1) smooth silky texture.
2)Not sticky
3)Easy to blend and fast to absorb.
4)didn't break me out
5)hydrating
6)packaging is hygienic since it is in a pump form

Cons:
1)The fragrance is quite strong.
2)doesn't sculpt your face

I recommend it as a moisturizer to oily skin since it is hydrating enough and yet, does not over moisturize. Overall, i like it as a moisturizer rather than a serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Evablue87

Used olay total 7 lotion but it always peeled off on my face and caused me troubles. I changed to this because it has similar ingredients plus peptides. The texture is light, has scent and sparkling things (disappear when I apply on my face). I use this day and night, and So far it is great. I find it not super hydrating but not oily or dry. Very happy, no troubles and feel comfortable on my skin. Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just don't get the high reviews for the Olay products. I break out from every single one I've tried. Most are heavily fragranced with an overpowering old-lady scent. I tried the fragrance free version of this, but my face burned and looked red and irritated.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by AllyShh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing the unscented version of this serum.

I have resisted serums in the past because they scared me. My skin has been so bipolar, I was always afraid to add something that I thought would make me oiler or break me out. Now that I seem to have my skin under control with Retin-A Micro and TriLuma, I thought I would give this serum a try, based on the great reviews here at MUA.

The consistency surprised me. I don't know why, but I imagined a serum to be liquid, oily. This is more like a lotion. It goes on very nicely and instantly makes my skin feel softer. After two weeks of use, my skin feels lovely.

This product has not caused me any sort of breakouts or irritation (HUGE deal for me!). I don't know what "microsculpting" is, exactly. All I do know is that my skin looks and feels great. I love that using this serum reduces my moisturizer usage. I currently use a pricey moisturizer (Clinique Youth Surge), and I'm happy to use less of it.

Price-wise, I gave three Lippies because I'm not really sure how serums are priced. This is probably a good price somewhere between a luxe serum and a drugstore brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin,but i never got such bad reaction from a product like this one!
This stuff made me wake up with a swollen red face.
My face looks terrible,dried out skin with wrinkles i never even had!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by LiFen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to have a try on this serum after I read many positive reviews about this products.
Unfortunately,this serum doesn't works for my skin. I have oily skin and tend to have some acnes when menstruation.Unlike other serum,this serum is in cream based.At first when I applied this onto my face,my face is soft and smooth.However,after about an hour,my face turned to become very oily and greasy.
Other than the oily and greasy feel that leave on my face,I don't see any improvement on my face.I don't have fine lines or wrinkles so I can't judge how's it works on this point. Furthermore, I don't see any difference on my skin tone and my skin isn't firmer even after about 3 months of usage.It's can be categorized as an expensive product in most drug stores and hence I have a high expectation on this serum but it ended up with disappointment.....