October 25, 2014 | 1107 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by youngangel25

Nothing but cons for me, after years of reasonably clear skin after only three days of using this my face was literally COVERED IN PIMPLES!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Alinster

I bought this after reading good things about it on Beautypedia. I use it every morning underneath my Olay regenerist wrinkle relaxing complex. I love the packaging, the pump bottle makes it both hygienic and easy to apply. It has a slight scent (nothing too offensive), absorbs easily and leaves my face looking slightly pearly/shimmery. I would definitely repurchase it if it wasn't for the fact that I can't really see any difference in my skin after using almost the whole bottle. It feels great and works well under makeup, but that's about it. I'm sure there are other serums out there which will feel great and also improve my skin. I will keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was not terrible as I thought it would be.
I did see the slightest firming effect.
Nothing too noticeable. I am almost done with my bottle and if anything changes I will update my rating but so far nothing to write home about.
It feels like a nice primer on the skin and can easily be worn day and night. Surprisingly it was not greasy at all even on my very oily skin.
My skin did still get oily, just saying it did not in anyway increase it.

Cons
I did have some deep long lasting breakouts with this especially in areas that I was concentrating usage on. The kind that never come to the surface and pop and are very deep, huge bump sticking out so everyone can see... yeah that kind.
I also got all over tiny hard bumps under the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this as Paula's Choice gave it a good review, praising it's skincare ingredients for the price. I'm still young but I still wanted to upgrade my skincare products and try products that are more beneficial for the skin and until now I have focused entirely on hydration - still a big focus as I have very dry skin, but I do want to keep my skin looking young and plump for as long as I can, and to try and ensure it stays in good condition when I am older.

Price is a little high, but still way more affordable than brands such as Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. I do like that you get 50ml and that the pump packaging works well. It has a bit of fragrance, but thankfully it didn't irritate my skin. The serum is slightly creamy and looks pearlescent. It also spreads smoothly and you can make a little go a long way. I know you can't always observe the effects these products have but using this my skin didn't appear to get any worse or any better. I know sometimes the best you can hope for and want is a reliable product, which addresses your skin's needs. I'm thinking that for myself, it may not be the best choice available.

I have recently purchased a new serum which hydrates my skin a lot better than this one. So I think I will be switching to that. I use multiple products in my skincare routine and they complemented the insufficient hydration I was receiving from the serum. While I never felt dry using it for that reason, I still much prefer the hydration boost I get with my newer serum, My de-hydration/fine? lines are less visible now.

I think this is a nice light serum, which made my skin feel smooth and I experienced no adverse effects. I think this would be a really nice product to complement someone's skincare routine, someone who has maybe combination or normal skin. I am glad I tried it but I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by lumjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have admittedly temperamental skin and i am a product junkie. so i try all kinds of products to find what suits me. I've spent on dermatologists and skii and pretty much everything else in between... but i have never had a product that i couldnt even wear for a full day because i can literally see red angry bumps forming within the first 20 mins of putting it on. Im an idiot and i tried it on 3 days just because i cannot believe how my skin can react so badly to a product!!!! ok... so i stop using it on my face and dont want to throw the new product away... and used it as moisturiser for my elbows, knee caps and the tough skin on the bottom of my feet. they got tingly and then they got RED... which is why i feel the need to tell everyone. ive used bad products on those areas to finish up the products i cant use on my face and this is the first time a product has cause this kind of reaction. BEWARE!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this to be a really good serum at an affordable price point. I am not really into drugstore brands when it comes to face lotions or serums but after reading the rave reviews it got from cosmetics guru Paula Begun I was intrigued.

This product has everything one could wish to find in a serum - many cell-communicating ingredients, peptides, antioxidants,and a plethora of other anti-aging ingredients. It also contains something called skin-identical glycerin - I have no idea what that is but it sounds fancy and good for the skin. I also really like that it has mineral pigments which give off a glowy and radiant appearance which I find to be similar (albeit more subtle) to MAC's Strobe Cream. I purchased the fragrance free version, which sounds like its a newer release based on a lot of negative reviews about the scent.

This is pricey for a drugstore item, but really affordable as far as serums go. I have purchased a lot of high priced serums in my time and most of them were a waste of money. Actually none of them had an ingredient list like Olay's, so spending $29 on this stuff really is an excellent deal.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

I had such high hopes for this serum but alas, no good. None of Olay's products have irritated me in 15 years of use, but this did. I don't even have particularly sensitive skin. A patch test in the store did not have any adverse reactions so that night I applied it after a gentle oil cleanse. I then noticed an angry, red, bumpy inflammation on my neck where I patch tested. The serum had only been on my face 10mins by the time I removed it but my chin and creases of my nose were already irritated. No product ever has made my skin react like this. Before this I was using Olay's daily revitalising serum which seemed to be slowly improving my skin tone but did not provide much hydration. no adverse reactions so may switch back until I find a better serum. The packaging is good and it has a Best rating from Paula's Choice, so if you are interested give it a go, but make sure you patch test and leave it a few hours/overnight in case it is irritating!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Pros:
1) smooth silky texture.
2)Not sticky
3)Easy to blend and fast to absorb.
4)didn't break me out
5)hydrating
6)packaging is hygienic since it is in a pump form

Cons:
1)The fragrance is quite strong.
2)doesn't sculpt your face

I recommend it as a moisturizer to oily skin since it is hydrating enough and yet, does not over moisturize. Overall, i like it as a moisturizer rather than a serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Evablue87

Used olay total 7 lotion but it always peeled off on my face and caused me troubles. I changed to this because it has similar ingredients plus peptides. The texture is light, has scent and sparkling things (disappear when I apply on my face). I use this day and night, and So far it is great. I find it not super hydrating but not oily or dry. Very happy, no troubles and feel comfortable on my skin. Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just don't get the high reviews for the Olay products. I break out from every single one I've tried. Most are heavily fragranced with an overpowering old-lady scent. I tried the fragrance free version of this, but my face burned and looked red and irritated.