September 17, 2014 | 1363 users online

Eye Shadow - Australis - IntensifEye Wet/Dry Eyeshadows

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The price/quality is right and the colors really nice. I brought Bees Knees, which I totally recommend for warm fair skin, blue eyes, or people looking for a dreamy soft romantic palette. Colors are: Pale Ivory, Peach, Soft Taupe Brown. All are very fine/not chunky shimmers, and do not highlight my wrinkles. I wer one or two shades with a separate matte shade as I think it gives better dimension to the eye than wearing three shimmers at once. The quality is buttery soft, pigmented and very blendable. It shows up really well on my fair skin. Worn alone, the quality is good but with some fallout. Worn over primer (ELF Essential line), or applied wet for a structured, dramatic definition, the quality becomes excellent.- In fact I find it much easier to blend and longer wearing than MAC eyeshadows.

The compacts are better than their standard eyeshadows. Nice and solid and operate with a satisfying "click". The sponge applicators are higher quality smooth dense foam. I usually throw them away but I actually use them and 've washed them maybe 5 - 6 times and they still look new. The one problem with these shadows are that they are soft pressed. This gives some fall-out, and also makes the shadow shatter in the compacts easily. I've had a couple of these palettes and both of them had one of the shadows explode into dust from just sitting in my bag for a few weeks. I had to tip both those shadows out as I was such a mess leaving a big old empty hole in the centre.I hope Australis take a look at this and fix it. I did de-pot the remaining pans and they popped out easy with a nail file, but only 2 of the 4 didn't crack. I was left with only 1/3 of what I paid for :( The pans are NOT the firm steel ones that are the best. They are made of soft recycled aluminium which bends and isn't great for depotting. And then you also have to put a steel sticker or magnet on the bottom to make them stick to the pallete which adds to the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by linna0306

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is just absolutely amazing, even more amazing if you use it with the Australis eyeshadow primer, the colour is super pigmented, the shadow lasts for ages, blends super well together. Just great!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in the bronze gold tones (I forgot the name) it's so intense I must pat the palette with the brush not swipe it because its so intense,but that's a good thing lol.i get compliments whenever I wear it,it really makes my eye pop.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by joeccentric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this quad in true blue (pics up) for my prom/ball a few years back since I wanted something cheap since I'd never use blue eyeshadow again. It retailed for about $18NZD at Farmers. I found that when using it dry, you needed a lot of product for the true colour to show through. It was not overly pigmented. When wet it was a lot better and the colour was amazing. It was hard to blend the colours together though so left your lids with harsh colour lines. Took a lot of effort to blend and work it on my lids. The colour range was nice and it was relatively cheap which is why I gave it two stars. I wouldn't repurchase however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a budget Australian brand that is simply fantastic. I chose the quad in "Choc a Bloc" which consists of a champagne, copper and two chocolate shades that can be worn wet or dry. The pigmentation is incredible for a budget brand and made my blue eyes "pop". Lasts all day, doesn't crease, smudge or budge. Love it!