April 20, 2014 | 1487 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Baked Fusion Soft Lights - Illusion

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by FirstCircle

I was really excited to get this product because I needed a highlighter to help shape my face. I'm happy to say that I wasn't disappointed. My first impressions were good from just looking at the shiny dark blue compact case. Unfortunately there's no satisfying, audible "click" sound and it feels a bit like cheap plastic but it does it's job and looks very pretty on my dresser. When I first tried it on, I had no idea where to put it so it ended up looking a bit odd, so I thought I'd wasted $25. But after watching tutorials, I got the hang of it. I love the silky texture and the combination of soft pink and champagne. You only need a little at a time to make an impact as well, so I know I'll get my money's worth from the generous amount in the compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only highlighter I own, so perhaps I can't make the best comparison... but the reason I've never bought one before is because so many of them are too visibly glittery, which really does not appeal to me. This was the first powder highlighter I came across which had a finish that I really liked enough to buy- a nice shimmery sheen without chunky glitter. I find that using this palette with a matte blush is much more appealing on my skin than a straight up shimmery blush, which can highlight my flaws. There are three colours in the mosaic, but unless you're using an eyeshadow brush to put these on the browbone you're not going to be able to pick just one shade. The palette itself is kind of strange- there's no clasp and it just stays shut by the friction of a tight fit between the two halves. So far that's fine but I wonder if it'll get harder to keep shut the more I use it. The shiny blue finish is pretty but shows fingerprints, and there's a mirror inside, which I'm sure will appeal to many. Overall a very nice product! It's limited, but I'll definitely have a look at Smashbox's other highlighters when I finish this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by blessed11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely gorgeous!
I've had this for probably about a month, and I still reach for it instead of my other highlighters (MAC msfs, Benefit High Beam, etc).
If you can still get this, and you love to have a glowy highlight on your cheekbones, BUY IT!
Makes a nice highlighter under the brow, as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by jadelianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this palette! I find the Mac MSF's to be far too glittery, and they look awful on my rather large pores. This, however, lends a subtle highlight. It makes me look beautiful and glow-y, without any chunky glitter. I'm so sad this is limited edition, as its the only highlighter that hasn't turned me into a disco ball!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mommy2avarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It's pretty to use as a highlight and gives a gorgeous glow. It is LE so I recommend you snag one up before they are no longer available. I am fair skinned and this looks beautiful on my skin tone.