July 24, 2014 | 1567 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Perpetual Flame

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by dallasdiva100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my first lipcreme from MAC and I was thoroughly surprised I had never heard of them in all these years of using MAC products. I was looking for a little long wearing lipstick which wouldn't be so drying and happened to chance upon it. The lipcreme went on very smoothly, almost like a lip balm - gliding and creamy. It then dried to a slightly sticky finish and fortunately it didn't chap my lips. I had a breakfast of oats and then lunch and it stayed put through all that. Post lunch I had to touch it up - just one swipe and I was good for the rest of the evening. Overall great color payoff and staying power. I wouldn't give it 12 hours - more like 8 hours which is still great. Definitely checking out other colors in this line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is only my 2nd Pro Longwear shade & I am in love with these. They do tend to feel a little dry when you first apply but the feeling goes & these lipsticks are incredibly long wearing.

I love Perpetual Flame - its a combination of berry colours, a little pink, a little red - just perfect for those that dont want red or pink. Its kinda intriguing in that way. Love that its not such a serious colour as red is & not as playful as pink is - just that perfect combination.

Highly recommended if you looking for a good longwear lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is fantastic. I am absolutely in love with Absolute Power - my perfect red - but sometimes I don't want such a bright lippie. Perpetual Flame is Absolute Power's conservative sister... almost exact shade but without such brightness. I just love it!! Oh, it does stain... I love putting Creme sheen lipglass in Fashion Whim over the stain - gorgeous!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perpetual Flame is a beautiful deep reddened berry shade. It reminds me of MAC Rebel with more red. It is long lasting just like its name suggests. Since it's long lasting Pro Longwear it's not as moisturizing as other MACs in my collection. I won't repurchase simply because I have way too many lipsticks in my collection and this one, although beautiful, isn't a must have for me. Lovely for what it is and I'm sure it would appeal to many.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I was lemming Perpetual Flame ever since it first came out. I finally bought it with the intention of wearing it on my wedding day, since it seemed like a bright but not over-the-top colour, and is supposed to be long-wearing. Well, I didn't end up wanting to wear it on my wedding day (I wore Chanel Rouge Coco in Camelia). The colour is a bit deeper and more brown-toned than I expected, not quite a vibrant fuchsia-red. Also, it's almost impossible to apply from the tube. The shape of the tip just doesn't allow a precise application directly on the lips, and because it's so dark and long-wearing, you must apply it perfectly the first time. I have to use a lip brush every time, so it's not very convenient for re-application throughout the day. On the other hand, it does wear pretty long, and when it wears off it leaves a nice even stain, instead of an uneven mess. Finally, it's matte, dry-looking and not very comfortable on its own, so I always top it with gloss. I absolutely love it with Just Add Colour lipgloss on top, but on its own I don't think it's amazingly special. I haven't had an issue with the packaging, aside from the shape of the stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by blueingreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perpetual Flame Pro Longwear is a dark pink/rosy light red. The color is gorgeous. It feels moist when you apply it, but dries down slightly tacky. I find it more comfortable than any other longwearing formula I've tried, but not as comfortable as a regular matte lipstick. It does wear for a long time, though not quite all day or through eating, and gets slightly drying first. I think it is a good compromise between a conventional lipstick and the usual super sticky longwearing formulas, and the color really is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by kaltblutig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this color!

When the saleslady showed it to me, I was a bit on the fence: it seemed like a very boring color (I like bold reds). However, when I put it on...MAGIC. It's great for my fair complexion but it is also very fun.

I always receive a ton of compliments when I wear it. It is also easier to wear than true reds.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by nocomment

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a fun lipstick! Normally, I only wear glosses and work appropriate berry shades, but this great. I can wear it to work on a casual day and also out. I think it makes teeth look white too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great colour that I have been getting a lot of compliments when I wear this shade. On my fair complexion it appears to be a fuchsia pink raspberry. Love the creamy formula and that it feels comfortable to wear when it dries. I find I can wear this 7 to 8 hours before I'm required to touch it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always get my habd messy with this bcos after applying, I have to push it down with my finger. And I was told you have to make sure it clicks when u close it, otherwise it wld dry out. For the way it looks, i wild say yes. For wear? Double yea. For comfort...nay.