MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Perpetual Flame

4.3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite lipstick. I really love the color of it. I've been looking for a lipstick which is not too red and not too pink. After i bought this, I stopped buying lipstick. Long wearing, beautiful color for daytime and nighttime. Better to use with a lipbrush. Love it!!!

on 1/30/2015 3:25:00 AM

This one transfers, to glass,everywhere. Won't last a meal. Since it does not have any staying power, might as well just grab a cream lipstick rather than enduring the matte/ dryness. This one lasts a bit longer than a normal matte lipstick and less drying than maybelline 14 hr. Unless you prefer a matte/ dry finish look, rouge d Armani works very similarly but creamier /more moisturizing.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the discontinued Estée lauder lip duo. That is a true long last / won't transfer Lippie.

For a truer long last /won't transfer, I will go back to MAC pro longwear lipcolour.

on 3/11/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my first lipcreme from MAC and I was thoroughly surprised I had never heard of them in all these years of using MAC products. I was looking for a little long wearing lipstick which wouldn't be so drying and happened to chance upon it. The lipcreme went on very smoothly, almost like a lip balm - gliding and creamy. It then dried to a slightly sticky finish and fortunately it didn't chap my lips. I had a breakfast of oats and then lunch and it stayed put through all that. Post lunch I had to touch it up - just one swipe and I was good for the rest of the evening. Overall great color payoff and staying power. I wouldn't give it 12 hours - more like 8 hours which is still great. Definitely checking out other colors in this line.

on 12/30/2013 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is only my 2nd Pro Longwear shade & I am in love with these. They do tend to feel a little dry when you first apply but the feeling goes & these lipsticks are incredibly long wearing.

I love Perpetual Flame - its a combination of berry colours, a little pink, a little red - just perfect for those that dont want red or pink. Its kinda intriguing in that way. Love that its not such a serious colour as red is & not as playful as pink is - just that perfect combination.

Highly recommended if you looking for a good longwear lipstick.

on 2/11/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is fantastic. I am absolutely in love with Absolute Power - my perfect red - but sometimes I don't want such a bright lippie. Perpetual Flame is Absolute Power's conservative sister... almost exact shade but without such brightness. I just love it!! Oh, it does stain... I love putting Creme sheen lipglass in Fashion Whim over the stain - gorgeous!!

on 8/31/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Perpetual Flame is a beautiful deep reddened berry shade. It reminds me of MAC Rebel with more red. It is long lasting just like its name suggests. Since it's long lasting Pro Longwear it's not as moisturizing as other MACs in my collection. I won't repurchase simply because I have way too many lipsticks in my collection and this one, although beautiful, isn't a must have for me. Lovely for what it is and I'm sure it would appeal to many.

on 1/9/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was lemming Perpetual Flame ever since it first came out. I finally bought it with the intention of wearing it on my wedding day, since it seemed like a bright but not over-the-top colour, and is supposed to be long-wearing. Well, I didn't end up wanting to wear it on my wedding day (I wore Chanel Rouge Coco in Camelia). The colour is a bit deeper and more brown-toned than I expected, not quite a vibrant fuchsia-red. Also, it's almost impossible to apply from the tube. The shape of the tip just doesn't allow a precise application directly on the lips, and because it's so dark and long-wearing, you must apply it perfectly the first time. I have to use a lip brush every time, so it's not very convenient for re-application throughout the day. On the other hand, it does wear pretty long, and when it wears off it leaves a nice even stain, instead of an uneven mess. Finally, it's matte, dry-looking and not very comfortable on its own, so I always top it with gloss. I absolutely love it with Just Add Colour lipgloss on top, but on its own I don't think it's amazingly special. I haven't had an issue with the packaging, aside from the shape of the stick.

on 12/19/2011 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perpetual Flame Pro Longwear is a dark pink/rosy light red. The color is gorgeous. It feels moist when you apply it, but dries down slightly tacky. I find it more comfortable than any other longwearing formula I've tried, but not as comfortable as a regular matte lipstick. It does wear for a long time, though not quite all day or through eating, and gets slightly drying first. I think it is a good compromise between a conventional lipstick and the usual super sticky longwearing formulas, and the color really is lovely.

on 10/27/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this color!

When the saleslady showed it to me, I was a bit on the fence: it seemed like a very boring color (I like bold reds). However, when I put it on...MAGIC. It's great for my fair complexion but it is also very fun.

I always receive a ton of compliments when I wear it. It is also easier to wear than true reds.

on 1/17/2011 8:39:00 AM

What a fun lipstick! Normally, I only wear glosses and work appropriate berry shades, but this great. I can wear it to work on a casual day and also out. I think it makes teeth look white too!

Popular Lipsticks