MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/30/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Cakey & emphasized my fine lines. I'll stick with KVD instead!

on 6/28/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This concealer didn't suit for me at all.
It glumped up, was transparent and didn't blend evenly... A total disaster and I had to wipe everything from my face off and start again. Have tried with beautyblender, brush and fingers. Face was as moisturized as possible, primed, unprimed and still didn't work. No-no for dry skin people...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Background on me: I have oily/combination skin with occasional blemishes. I do have dark circles, but they are not extreme. I tend to get dark spots and acne scars after some bad blemishes. I have a warm, yellow undertone for my skin thanks to my asian genes. I do not have a lot of fine lines because I'm still young (only 18). I don't wear foundation only concealers because I do not have a lot to conceal. The only form of touching up I do is using blotting sheets. I don't like carrying makeup with me because it's a hassel to me and caking on more stuff throughout the day grosses me out.

Concealer color (NC25)

Pros:
-Versatile concealer: You can use this concealer on blemishes AND dark circles AND scars with no problem. If you can get a shade a couple shades lighter you could use it as a highlight.
-Natural matte finish: The finish was a smooth finish that didn't look cakey on me. You don't necessarily need a powder with this. I wore this all day without powder after the MAC saleswoman applied this one me. However,I saw the slightest creasing under one of my eyes, which was weird considering I never experience that.
-Hygienic: Pump provides the most sanitary form of makeup
-Potent: A little goes a long way with this product. Half a pump should be enough for most people
-Long lasting: It stayed on my skin all day. The oil slightly broke through the appearance making it a semi-matte/dewy look. I didn't mind it as much because it still looked very natural on me. Most concealers fade on my skin so I was satisfied with it. If you don't like a more dewy look at the end of the day, I recommend carrying some blotting sheets and powder with you to touch up this concealer.
-Color choices: There is a variety of colors to choose from so most likely you will find your shade. The worst case scenario is you have to mix two shades. I'm glad a lot of the shades had a yellow undertone for my asian skin. The concealer shade (NC25) was a perfect fit for me, just a shade a lighter than my natural skin tone.
-Medium -> High Coverage: buildable, but like all concealers too much will give a cakey appearance. If you apply it with a light hand you can get a light coverage out of this too.
-Travel friendly: I can see myself taking this with me on trips and such because I don't have to worry about it breaking or spilling everywhere.

Cons:
-Packaging: This is a pro and a con. Even though it is hygienic, it is hard to control the amount you want to get. If you're a person who needs little concealer like me, this may be a huge inconvenience
-May not be the best for older women with fine lines. I experienced slight creasing under one of my eyes without powder. I recommend you moisturizing and powdering properly to prevent this
-Price: $20 USD for a little container is out of the price budget for most people.

Overall: I can see the reasons for the hype for this product. I can overlook the price and packaging defects because it is a great little concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm a bit mixed on this concealer. It definitely does conceal, but a little goes a long way and the bottle does not help you with that. As 1000 other reviewers have noted, the pump dispenses way too much product. Shade-wise I would highly recommend going to a MAC store and try it out in person; they seem to differ from other MAC lines. I ordered NW15 and NW20 from Nordstrom and both ended up being too light. For regular foundation I'm more of a NC15-20, depending on the season. When I went into a MAC they matched me with NW25, which is far too dark and pink to work as a foundation but blends under my eyes perfectly. I'm not sure whether this still makes me look tired, but the general consensus I've heard so far is that I look more 'natural' with it. Another plus is that this will really last you all day. I'm fine with this concealer for the time being, but I'll continue looking for my HG.

on 6/27/2015 3:49:00 AM

Simply amazing! Well worth the price and shade NW25 completely hides my dark circles and a little goes a long way! A winner!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Holy grail of concealer! It is amazing!!!! I keep trying new ones but I always end up reaching for the pro longwear. I have nc20 however I was meant to get nc15 to add a bit of lightness to my undereye.
It is full coverage
anti crease
blends like a dream
BUT I hate the pump...why couldn't it be a wand! To much always comes out :(

I wear it with mac prep and prime light boost and love the comination of both. Light boost to highlight and pro longwear to conceal.
Absolute must for me

on 6/26/2015 3:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been using this for the past 2 years. I mix a pump in with my foundation for extra coverage. I am NC10 But the NC15 color works for me as I mix it with Revlon CS Buff for the perfect shade and maximum flawless coverage. It looks completely natural, like real skin.

A little pricey but lasts me quite a while.
A definite staple for me!

on 6/24/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great for covering imperfections on the face, this has been the only think i use to cover blemishes, and scars on my face for the past 2yrs and i always have backup.

So , i bought this 3/4 months ago in France (we were on vacation) because i heard that it was full coverage , didnt crease , lasted all day etc etc .. I USED IT EVERYDAY SINCE I GOT IT. At first i had some difficulties with it , but that was because i didnt use the right powder . First of all ; it DOES crease ,second ; its not full coverage (coming from someone with very bad undereye circles ) and third , it does not last all day if you use the wrong powder .So this is how i use it : i pump a little bit more product on the back of my hand,again because its not full coverage, and i blend it with my finger in a triangle shape(not super exaggerated triangle lol) and i blend it softly into my skin so i have some blending later on , then i take a small kabuki brush that i got from my drugstore and load it with powder and blow some away , then i blend one eye completely and press the powder in ,especially around my creases, and then the other eye etc.. that some people complain that it is too drying or cakey, is probably because they have dry skin(moisturize gals ;p) i know that because i sometimes use it on a pimple thats a little dry on top and it does enhance the dryness as they say , but moisturizing for the most part will deal with that . Im in NC20 btw and it matches very good !!! so i love this product , but the puummpppp though mygaaaad😩

on 6/22/2015 11:34:00 PM

I'm iffy about this concealer. First off, straight out of the bottle this concealer is dry on the skin. It will crease if you use it under your eyes and it can flake up easily on my skin, especially if it's used on "textured" skin like scars. To fix this problem I pumped the concealer out of the original bottle into a circular container and added jojoba oil to it. This made the the concealer less dry and a little better. HOWEVER because of the horrible pump bottle that wastes product and is ridiculously difficult/impossible for me to remove, there is an inevitable loss of product. The horrible packaging and the amount of fiddling I have to do in order to make this concealer work isn't worth it at its price point. I won't repurchase again after I finish it.

For people who are looking for their shade: I am NC30 in this. NC35 oxidizes too dark. For rough equivalents for my shade, NARS Radiant Concealer in Ginger Medium 2 is just *slightly* dark on me and Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in 4.25 Natural Tan matches me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products