MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 4/23/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This didn't live up to the hype for me at all. It's very cakes and thick yet it doesn't stay on a pimple. It just smudges off and if you were to set your face with powder, the area where you put the concealer just collects so much of the powder and becomes darker than the rest of your face. Also one pump of this is way too much, but it's pretty much impossible to just do half a pump. Plus is almost 30 cdn for this little thing.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for an amazing under-eye concealer for quite some time and sadly this did not meet my expectations. The formula can be drying under the eye, and for me often made my under-eye area look cakey, dry or creased. I have tried setting it with a powder but it just doesn't seem to help me!

The one thing that is great about it is it make a perfect eye shadow primer, particularly if you have dark eyelids. It really cancels out any veins or discolouration and the shadows stay on extra long.

Personally there are some drugstore alternatives that work better for my under-eye area such as the Maybelline Fit Me concealers and the Maybelline Age Rewind.

on 4/19/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I don't reach for this much as I feel too much product is wasted. I purchased in the shade NC 44 for under eye but it does crease a lot especially if not set with a powder. reference: ELDW sandlewood, Lancome 460w, Clinique Golden).

on 4/19/2015 1:39:00 AM

This concealer gives me a flawless complexion! The coverage is very full and the formula is quite thick. Although I have to go over trickier blemish spots with a pot concealer (Estée Lauder is my go to for spots), this concealer does wonders for my base. I'm not a fan of the packaging as the pump is very hard to push down on and often dispenses too much and wastes the product, which is quite annoying considering how expensive the little tube is ($35 AUD). Overall I'm impressed and it is probably becoming a can't live without product

I was finding it increasingly difficult to find a concealer that gave me the coverage I needed but without creasing as I often found with cheaper concealers. So I decided to invest it one that was dearer and after a hefty amount of research I decided to settle with MAC's pro longwear - and I have not been left disappointed.

This product does not crease and lasts all day. I use it with the MAC pro longwear foundation and always get asked if I am actually wearing makeup because it looks flawless! Just remember to preserver with the blending as sometimes I find it difficult to blend it outwards as it seems quite a heavy product- however does not look like this on the skin.

The only problem I have with this product is the pump. WHY MAC!? You have to pay extra for a pump for the foundation and then they put a pump on the concealer which I do not think is necessary. The reason being is I use this every day and each time I try to gently press the pump to get a little bit out but fail miserably- Its impossible. I end up with more product than I wanted and feel like I'm wasting it which isn't ideal when you consider the money you pay for it. You can't even unscrew the pump off which is even more annoying but it is something I will just have to put up with because I do love the product itself!

on 4/16/2015 7:19:00 PM

A gift from my friend. We are the same skin tone, NC40/42. She chose NC30 for me which is perfect.

The texture of this product is rich and creamy. I wish that the pump did not release so much product because I don't like wasting product.

Once applied, it smooths out very nicely. That where the positives end. This product, imo needs to be set with a powder. No way around it for me, even with a primer underneath.

Then it started spreading and took my eyeliner with it. By 11:00 am I looked like a panda.

Pandas are cute, but I did not look cute at all.

i love this concealer it has amazing coverage but is still thin enough to not crease under the eyes or cake anywhere on the face, however it smells very strong, almost similar to estee lauder double wear foundation and the pump dispenses a lot of concealer at once so can sometimes be a waste of product, but overall this concealer does what its supposed to do and looks amazing.

on 4/11/2015 9:47:00 PM

I love this product! The coverage is amazing... The only issues I have with this concealer are the packaging and the smell. Similarly to Studio Fix Fluid, it smells VERY strongly of paint. One pump is way too much product and I'm not sure how i can avoid wasting the product because it's expensive. It lasts all day and didn't break me out at all. The consistency is really nice and not too dry or thick which i hate. I will continue to repurchase over and over again.

on 4/7/2015 7:12:00 PM

I have purchased this product twice now and while I like the coverage it gives and the shade ranges, I cannot get over how badly this smells. The product hasn't gone bad - it smells bad as soon as I open it but when I apply it, it doesn't dissipate throughout the day, it stays.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first one or two times I used this concealer after I bought it I thought it looked a little bit cakey underneath my eyes. However I must have just had very dry under-eyes, 'cause I bought myself an eyecream shortly after and now this concealer doesn't look cakey at all. After that experience I suppose this is not an ideal choice for those with dry skin.

I really like the idea of the packaging; a sleek glass bottle with a pump and a cap. But in reality the packaging just doesn't work as well. The glass is very thin and breaks easily. The pump is hard to control and pumps out way more than I need for one application. My trick is to pump the concealer into a little jar, that way I can use one pump for two days. So I can live with the packaging and I like how it looks, but it's not the best.

I don't set this concealer with powder and it still doesn't crease on me. Now I'm only 21, but still. It also works really well for around my nostrils where I tend to have some redness, and if I ever have a pimple or anything this concealer covers it so easily.

A little bit goes such a long way with this! Therefore I think this concealer is good value. The wide shade range is ofcourse a plus too. I have it in three shades; one that matches my skin perfectly (NC20), one with a pink undertone to cancel out dark sircles (NW20) and one to highlight if I'm feeling the All-In makeup look (NC15).

The finish of this concealer once it sets looks really natural as long as the skin isn't dry. I feel like I have to make sure I've moisturized pretty reasently whenever I use this. It's truly longwearing too, like the name suggests.

I really like this concealer and I will repurchase. If I could make a couple of changes to it I'd might change the packaging and add a Little bit more moisture to it. But then again it's great the way it is.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue