MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 7/1/2015 4:17:00 PM

I have used this for a long time now, and I absolutely love it! it has great coverage and lasts all day without creasing under my eyes. I have a lot of acne scars and this covers them too. would recommend to everyone.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It wasn't the best coverage I was expecting due to the price I paid. It was almost transparent and didn't do the best job of covering up my dark circles. Not worth the price.

on 6/30/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Cakey & emphasized my fine lines. I'll stick with KVD instead!

on 6/28/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This concealer didn't suit for me at all.
It glumped up, was transparent and didn't blend evenly... A total disaster and I had to wipe everything from my face off and start again. Have tried with beautyblender, brush and fingers. Face was as moisturized as possible, primed, unprimed and still didn't work. No-no for dry skin people...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Background on me: I have oily/combination skin with occasional blemishes. I do have dark circles, but they are not extreme. I tend to get dark spots and acne scars after some bad blemishes. I have a warm, yellow undertone for my skin thanks to my asian genes. I do not have a lot of fine lines because I'm still young (only 18). I don't wear foundation only concealers because I do not have a lot to conceal. The only form of touching up I do is using blotting sheets. I don't like carrying makeup with me because it's a hassel to me and caking on more stuff throughout the day grosses me out.

Concealer color (NC25)

Pros:
-Versatile concealer: You can use this concealer on blemishes AND dark circles AND scars with no problem. If you can get a shade a couple shades lighter you could use it as a highlight.
-Natural matte finish: The finish was a smooth finish that didn't look cakey on me. You don't necessarily need a powder with this. I wore this all day without powder after the MAC saleswoman applied this one me. However,I saw the slightest creasing under one of my eyes, which was weird considering I never experience that.
-Hygienic: Pump provides the most sanitary form of makeup
-Potent: A little goes a long way with this product. Half a pump should be enough for most people
-Long lasting: It stayed on my skin all day. The oil slightly broke through the appearance making it a semi-matte/dewy look. I didn't mind it as much because it still looked very natural on me. Most concealers fade on my skin so I was satisfied with it. If you don't like a more dewy look at the end of the day, I recommend carrying some blotting sheets and powder with you to touch up this concealer.
-Color choices: There is a variety of colors to choose from so most likely you will find your shade. The worst case scenario is you have to mix two shades. I'm glad a lot of the shades had a yellow undertone for my asian skin. The concealer shade (NC25) was a perfect fit for me, just a shade a lighter than my natural skin tone.
-Medium -> High Coverage: buildable, but like all concealers too much will give a cakey appearance. If you apply it with a light hand you can get a light coverage out of this too.
-Travel friendly: I can see myself taking this with me on trips and such because I don't have to worry about it breaking or spilling everywhere.

Cons:
-Packaging: This is a pro and a con. Even though it is hygienic, it is hard to control the amount you want to get. If you're a person who needs little concealer like me, this may be a huge inconvenience
-May not be the best for older women with fine lines. I experienced slight creasing under one of my eyes without powder. I recommend you moisturizing and powdering properly to prevent this
-Price: $20 USD for a little container is out of the price budget for most people.

Overall: I can see the reasons for the hype for this product. I can overlook the price and packaging defects because it is a great little concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm a bit mixed on this concealer. It definitely does conceal, but a little goes a long way and the bottle does not help you with that. As 1000 other reviewers have noted, the pump dispenses way too much product. Shade-wise I would highly recommend going to a MAC store and try it out in person; they seem to differ from other MAC lines. I ordered NW15 and NW20 from Nordstrom and both ended up being too light. For regular foundation I'm more of a NC15-20, depending on the season. When I went into a MAC they matched me with NW25, which is far too dark and pink to work as a foundation but blends under my eyes perfectly. I'm not sure whether this still makes me look tired, but the general consensus I've heard so far is that I look more 'natural' with it. Another plus is that this will really last you all day. I'm fine with this concealer for the time being, but I'll continue looking for my HG.

on 6/27/2015 3:49:00 AM

Simply amazing! Well worth the price and shade NW25 completely hides my dark circles and a little goes a long way! A winner!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Holy grail of concealer! It is amazing!!!! I keep trying new ones but I always end up reaching for the pro longwear. I have nc20 however I was meant to get nc15 to add a bit of lightness to my undereye.
It is full coverage
anti crease
blends like a dream
BUT I hate the pump...why couldn't it be a wand! To much always comes out :(

I wear it with mac prep and prime light boost and love the comination of both. Light boost to highlight and pro longwear to conceal.
Absolute must for me

on 6/26/2015 3:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been using this for the past 2 years. I mix a pump in with my foundation for extra coverage. I am NC10 But the NC15 color works for me as I mix it with Revlon CS Buff for the perfect shade and maximum flawless coverage. It looks completely natural, like real skin.

A little pricey but lasts me quite a while.
A definite staple for me!

on 6/24/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great for covering imperfections on the face, this has been the only think i use to cover blemishes, and scars on my face for the past 2yrs and i always have backup.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products