December 20, 2014 | 1410 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this when I had really bad acne, and it was the ONLY thing that ever truly worked to cover it up. Didn't feel too heavy and didn't catch on dry skin, which I find most concealers do and end up making acne MORE apparent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really should be doing something else other than reviewing cosmetics but ... I want to say this is my HG concealer! I think I am one of those concealholics because I've owned quite a few:

1) Cle de peau concealer (Very cakey and dry...the worst one ever, and it's 95 bucks including tax in Canada!)
2) Benefit Boiing
3) Benefit Erase Paste
4) MAC mineralize concealer
5) Marc Jacobs re(marc)able concealer (creases like mad...)
6) YSL touché éclat (I KNOW this is not meant to be a concealer, but it works for me and it's a great product!)
7) Youngblood mineral concealer
8) Benefit Ooh la lift
9) NARS radiant creamy concealer (amazing stuff!)

This is the best one. It covers ridiculously well, CAN'T tell im wearing concealer at all, the color is perfect match. Like our own skin! And it lasts for hours. Nobody has to know you have dark undereye circles ;)

This is the cheapest concealer I have ever used, and I happened to like it the MOST! It just shows that $$$ doesn't mean better.

I used to hate MAC because I thought they were only known for having really heavy makeup..... nope! This is so lightweight AND full coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Amanda0511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pro Longwear is my holy grail concealer. I've repurchased this numerous times and will continue to do so. It is ass full coverage as they come, but could also be applied lightly if your doing minimal makeup. Covers dark circles and also highlights very well. I dint really use this for covering problem areas as I prefer a thicker concealer for that. The one thing that kept me from giving 5 stars is the packaging. 1. I've dropped this on my carpet from maybe 3 ft and it smashed!!! 2. If you're not careful the pump let's out way more than you will need. So just be extra careful not to drop this and pump slowly and all is well. I feel like it's worth the $20. I would probably pay more if I had to for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by LotsOfZebras

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my 'special occasion' concealer because:
1. It is high end and expensive.
2. It gives great coverage.
3. It lasts all day.

But is not my 'go-to' concealer because:
1. Can emphasize my pores (with some foundations)
2. High end (don't want to waste it)
3. It does crease on me.

I highly recommend this concealer, but make sure play around with it and find what application and foundation works with it to reduce the chances of it emphasizing your pores, and make sure you set it with powder so that it doesn't crease.
TIP- If you have issues with squirting to much out, hold the sides of the pump with your fingers to help reduce the amount of product squirting out when you use it. :)
Definitely will repurchase this concealer :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by chewwyjewwy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although this concealer is gorgeous on the skin, makes it look airbrushed and flawless, it is extremely irritating. After I began to use this concealer, I noticed my eyes were watering and burning every time I would wear makeup. At first I thought maybe my eyes were just getting irritated from the bristles of my brushes or my mascara wand, but for a few days I switched to a different concealer and the watering and burning completely stopped. So if you have sensitive eyes at all like me, I would definitely skip out on this concealer.

Similar to MAC foundations, the concealer definitely made my skin break out, only it was dry patches of skin instead of acne. I developed a dry patch on my cheek just under my eye where I had been applying the concealer that never existed until about 1 week after starting to use it. So if you have any skin sensitivities to MAC foundations this concealer may not work for you.

And the pump on it is horrible but I think that everyone in the reviews has already covered that.

With all that said, the concealer is still beautiful on the skin and I wish I could use it without so many problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by nadooshi474

Love using this under the eyes and for covering redness. It doesn't crease and provides excellent coverage. People tend to complain that the concealer is drying. I have dry under eyes so I apply an under eye cream 15 minutes before using this. It looks amazing after. It makes me look awake even after I stay up all night studying. My only complaint is that it dispenses way too much product. The price is quite reasonable for a high end concealer. I also use it to prime my eyes as well. Great stuff .

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by elinen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer definitely provides great coverage, especially for the under eye area. It doesn't crease and is very long wearing, just like it promises. It's also great for priming the lids and keeping the eyeshadow on place all day (and night) long. There are, however, a couple of things that really, really disturb me and that affect my overall impression of this concealer.

First, we have to talk about the packaging. I do like the idea of a concealer with a pump, it's both hygienic and convenient, but this pump actually sucks. Big time. One of the best things about this concealer is that a little really goes a long way - I only need a tiny amount to cover my dark under eye circles. But this is completely defeated by the pump as it's really hard to control the amount of product to dispense - it's nearly impossible to get out a small amount. Even if I try my best to be press super lightly and slowly, 80% of the time it ends up dispensing a full pump, which would be enough to cover the whole face with. I hate to waste product, it's so unnecessary. I know that you can "solve" the problem by dispense the product to another container, as someone suggested, but I don't think that I, as a customer, should have to do that. I mean, it can't be that hard for MAC to come up with a better pump. If this was the best concealer in the world I maybe would compromise on that, but not when there are better ones out there (NARS Radiant creamy concealer has just as good coverage but with a better packaging and texture).

Also, I don't know if it's that I have particularly dry skin under the eyes, but I find it really hard to work with this product. The texture is strange - sticky, like someone mentioned below - it's like it dries instantly on the skin and I really have to tug to blend the product out, which I don't like to do when it comes to the delicate area around the eyes (hello wrinkles). It doesn't help putting on eye cream before applying the concealer either, like I have been advised. Not many seem to have this problem, so it could be possible that I have an exceptionally dry under eye area, but I do want to say that I have never had this problem with any other concealer.

I will finish this one as it's quite pricey, but I'm not re-buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, the way I love this concealer.
I have dealt with hyperpigmentation, discoloration, acne scars, active acne marks, redness, name it all and I've had it on my face at one point or another.
This concealer covers IT ALL. The amazing part about it is that it is so thin in consistency, you know those extremely thick, cakey concealers that just don't look like skin on your skin? Yeah, this is completely the opposite. It's thin but not watery thin, just the perfect consistency. As long as you work with it quickly (as it does set really quickly, and as soon as it sets Lord knows its not budging) it blends in very nicely and covers beautifully.
I don't like using this for my undereye area as it is a bit too full coverage and my under eye bags aren't that serious BUT I have used it before on lazy days when I don't wanna pull out another concealer and it does not crease, does not cake and again just sets perfectly.
It lasts all day, is waterproof, matches my skin perfectly (I use NC30), DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT !! !!!!! !!!, and it just complete Holy Grail material. I love this baby so much.
Try it. Seriously. Do it. You're missing out.

I hardly ever legitimately FINISH a product, but I've gone through 3 full tubes of this and already have 2 back-ups.
The biggest quirk I have with this is the packaging, like seriously for the life of me I can't get the last 1/8th (ish) of the product out, it doesn't pump, the pump can't be screwed open, like I don't know what I can do asides from put a hammer to it and conserve the rest in a little sample tub.
If anyone has any suggestions better than the hammer idea lol please message me and let me know. Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sgnewbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin type: Oily, acne-prone, medium skin
Weather: Sunny all year round
Shade: NC35
Other foundation shades i use: NYX SMBNF 02 Nude, Benefit HFOW Honey, ELF AFF Buff, Maybelline DWFTF 60 Sandy Beige, etc.

YES YES YES. HG FOR ME! This stuff is AWESOME. It covers literally every spot i have on my face! It has medium-full coverage for me, though not straight on full, it is enough to cover up redness and lighter acne scarring on my cheeks. For new breakouts, i do apply two light thin layers to cover them up. Really easy to blend and apply because it's a very liquidy texture, BUT it sets and dries fast so do be quick with it! It does dry down to a powder matte finish which i LOVE because im oily skin. Staying in Singapore where it's 35 degrees all year round, i do get oily within a few hours but this stuff stays on the whole day! Price wise it may be a little pricey being SGD$33 but a little goes a long way so i'm sure this concealer will last me for more than a year. Having said that, the pump is really annoying though. Sometimes it gets out too little product but most of the time u get WAYY to much product. I use a little container to store the excess but u have to use the excess within a day or two if not the concealer would still dry up in the little pot u have and it'll become unusable. I WOULD STILL REPURCHASE since it's so long-wearing and has a nice high coverage without feeling heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tvparty

This concealer really does live up to it's reputation, it's light but still has amazing coverage, i use it on top of my Bobbi Brown corrector and it gives amazing results, i look so well rested and awake, as if i slept for 8 hours.
Do make sure to moisturize your under eye area and set the concealer as it tends to crease a bit.