E.L.F. Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/22/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

My review is specifically for the color Fantasy, as it's the only color I own. This might actually be the worst lipstick I have ever used! No matter how much you swipe this lipstick, it never gets even somewhat opaque! The color is a dead brown color that is unflattering and the smell of this lipstick is so overpowering it makes me want to throw up. I know it's only $1, so my expectations were not so high, but seriously, this isn't even worth a buck! There are other cheap lipsticks, such as from Nyx, that are so so so much better and have great color pay off. Never purchasing ELF lipsticks again. Ever!

Have this in the Fantasy shade. Gorgeous colour and suits my skin tone perfectly. It's a brown-orange shade and looks beautiful and sexy on my lips.

on 3/1/2014 2:46:00 PM

I love these because even when they fade away, they stain the lips so you are left with quite a bit of colour if you did not reapply. I tried many colours and here is my opinion:

- Sociable: reddish fuchsia on my lips, terrible gritty texture.
- Flirtatious: peachy pink colour, great pigmentation and formula, demi-matte.
- Classy: neutral light-medium pink, great pigmentation and formula, demi-matte.
- Captivating: peachy orange, very trendy colour for this season, great pigmentation and formula, moisturising.
- Fearless: the perfect RED, a dupe for MAC Russian Red (I have both), great formula, moisturising and very pigmented and long-lasting.

Bottom line: Be careful with colours as some are better than the others, packaging may come flawed in some, so get a replacement before assuming that all are the same terrible packaging. All of them stain the lips, all of them has no glitter except Sociable which is terrible.

on 9/29/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love these pigmentation is good :( they just break fast :) i bought all of them and they were super cheap and worth it and my lips are chapped

on 9/21/2013 4:29:00 PM

I like this lipstick formula. It is creamy feeling and not slippery or drying. It has nice opacity and it wears nicely with about average time. It really is a decent lipstick. Unfortunately, the colours on the elf website are way off, and the packaging is a bit cheap.

If you find a colour you like, I do recommend that you try it!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I have a few of these but classy is my go to pink!

on 8/10/2013 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love it!! The color looks so nice and does not dry out my lips at all!!!

on 8/9/2013 1:06:00 AM

I have such a terrible time finding lip colors that don't make my lips peel. I don't know what it is but there is something in glosses/lipsticks/lip tints that often will make my lips peel- from the highest priced ones to the lowest. Or so I thought. Much to my absolute delight, these lipsticks don't make my lips react!! I'm in love with them! They are just the right amount of pigment, the perfect amount of moisture, have lasting power and they are only a $! These lipsticks are an all around win for me!!

on 7/3/2013 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Don't get me wrong, ELF as a whole has some awesome cosmetics for a steal! With that said, I have to say that their $1 lipsticks is one of the worst lipsticks I have ever tried. I purchased three shades online because I wanted to try them out and for the price I could afford to go out on a limb if I didn't like them.

First, the color pay-off is terrible, the pigmentation is very sheer and the product has to literally be applied in more than three coats to get some color on your lips.
Second, the texture is waxy and a bit hard when applied, which could be why the color pay off is lame.
Third, the scent is nice but too over powering to my nose and I think whatever the fragrance is in the formula...the chemicals in it irritate the skin on my lips so I can't wear it for more than our without feeling like my lips are going to break out in a rash.
Fourth, I hate the packaging, though pretty for a $1 lipstick and it does have a clear plastic part to see the lipstick color...I got a couple of tubes that were really hard to twist up, like the plastic was sticking.

I don't recommend this product at all but I will save it to use as play makeup for my daughter when she is old enough.

on 7/2/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This one surprised me. Upon examination of it's appearance, it was shiny, and waxy looking, so I thought it would be a terrible lipstick, but since I got it for free, I tried it. It went on soo smooth and my lips had a slight clear shine, not frosted, matte or anything like that. It comes off very easily so be careful when you eat something.

Popular Lipsticks