InnisFree New Green Tea Seed Serum

3.7

on 7/26/2015 9:44:00 AM

This product is great in terms of packaging, but does not deliver in terms of controlling sebum output. I continued to have two or three pimples a month, which is business as usual. I don't recommend this as anything other than an extra step in moisturising.

on 6/7/2015 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I actually just tried a small sample of this serum in conjunction to using it with the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum, and these two products work wonders together! Well, seeing they're in the same skincare line, I guess it's pretty obvious to assume that they should complement each other when used together.

I mainly used this as a no-frills hydrating serum, and it works best as well if you apply the serum while your face is still a little bit damp. DON'T completely dry your face off with a towel; just lightly pat your face with a towel just to lift up the excess water and apply the serum with a damp-ish face. This boosts up the hydration power of the serum. I know a lot of people don't like this feeling on their face, but I actually love the slightly bouncy and sticky feeling I get from this serum upon application because I actually feel like my skin actually does feel moisturised this way! It disappears after a minute anyway so it doesn't bother me so much.

I still need to repurchase this product but I just haven't gone around to it because it's just so hard to access as someone living outside Asia, and it's pretty pricey as well. But I'm the type of person to purchase skincare stuff even if it's pricey and hard to access, I just need to stop procrastinating from purchasing the serum. I have no complaints about this serum whatsoever, and I plan to keep using it!

All in all, this is a great serum to try if you're just starting to get into Korean skincare, trying serums and all that. It's a very simple serum that does pretty much what it says it does (hydrated and calms your skin). I also think this serum would be great for any and every skin types too, so if you're looking for a simple serum for sensitive skin, whether it's dry or oily, I would kindly direct you to this serum straight away!

on 5/26/2015 3:08:00 PM

If ur getting a serum just for kicks, get this. But dont expect any results. Hydration, maybe. But even then its not a stellar product. If ur getting a serum, IMO get a kick-ass one that actually does things like fade spots, hyperpigmentation, hydrate beyond the normal levels etc. would not recommend to anyone

on 2/27/2015 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, where do I start?

Two months ago my skin was dry and dull, rough to the touch, no matter what hydrating product I used. Luckily for me, Innisfree opened its first store in my country. Upon walking in I was so tempted to purchase EVERYTHING. But I heroically resisted. For me, first purchases for a new brand should be their bestseller products (if not why bother, right?)

I left with the Green Tea Seed Serum (GTSS) special set that day and applied it one morning before I left for work. Followed the directions on the box: GTSS - GT Balancing Skin - GT Balancing Lotion - my sunscreen. To my horror, as the day passed my skin felt worse- dry, extra rough (you could see it!!), oily. I wanted to cry.

I went back to my usual products for a week which helped my skin recover (read: less rough, smoother to the touch) but the dullness was still there. Determined to make the GTSS work for me, I applied it by my rules - most liquidy to thickest texture product. Toner - GTSS - Moisturiser, and went to bed.

To my relief, I woke up the next morning with softer, smoother, and get this, a GLOW to my skin! The glow was so evident that my mother asked what I was using at the moment. I love love love this. Having combination skin, living in a tropical country, and working in an office makes it tough to find a moisturizing product that balances it throughout the day. Can you imagine: balancing indecisive skin in aircon-humidity-aircon-humidity throughout the day?

It keeps my skin less dull and tired-looking (all those long hours at the office!) but the soft effect has somewhat lessened (or maybe my skin is at it's softest right now so I can't tell the difference anymore). But, lesson learned: know your skin and use the product accordingly. It may be a coincidence, but I have lesser breakouts these days too.

In case you're wondering, I use just one pump each time, day and night. Two months in and I'm halfway through the bottle. It should last me at least 4 months.

Oh yes, I will repurchase! Did I mention my mother is also a big fan?

on 2/27/2015 9:51:00 PM

HOLYGRAIL!!!! Love how my skin feels so smooth and hydrated after application. This serum is also very lightweight and does not have a sticky feeling after applying. :)

on 10/7/2014 12:23:00 AM

This serum is one of the best selling products from Innisfree for a reason people! To see best results, you are supposed to apply a generous amount right after washing your face and before your toner so that the product can seep into your skin and do its moisturizing magic. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone while my cheeks can get really dry. Upon using for the first month, I didn't see optimal results while it didn't cause anything negative so I would've given this a 4 star rating. I switch around my serums so I used other ones I was trying. One week, my face decided to freak out and be super dry while acne also arose. I started to use this serum again, and noticed that it hydrated my skin without irritating any break outs I had. I love the packaging, a sturdy bottle that doesn't let light go through with a pump. I definitely appreciate and love using this product now, and it's good to know that innisfree uses top quality natural ingredients too so I feel better about putting it on my skin!

on 8/6/2014 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

it is suppose to be moisturizing but my face seems to feel more dehydrated after using it. it is sticky upon application, but it gets absorbed after a few minutes. This is a watery serum, which means that even though it is 80ml, one bottle won't last long.
the price of it is ok, not too expensive, but not as cheap as a drugstore serum either. In terms of benefits, i did not feel anything at all. this just a serum that you can live without, in my opinion. i rather use a serum that give benefits.
was expecting this to be a natural product, unfortunately alcohol is second on the ingredients list . quite disappointed. but i love the packaging though. green translucent bottle with a pump and cap--hygienic and cute

on 6/25/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did not work that well for me as it did for others. I have sensitive skin where my cheeks can easily turn red if the product is not suitable. I used the samples of this product for a few days and my cheeks were redder than usual. I stopped using it and the redness of my cheeks tone down. Maybe it's just my skin that is not compatible with this product. If you have sensitive skin, I would advice you to use a sample first. Luckily I did not purchase the full size of the product.

on 6/10/2014 4:42:00 AM

The beauty assistant at the Innisfree store suggests that I apply the serum right after I washed my face before my toner. I found this to be a very effective method in locking the moisture and soften my skin.
This serum is not expensive at all if you compare to other big brands Western produce serum… for the price I pay I don’t really expect too much miracle to happen… surprisingly I found this serum suits my skin type fine and although it is not a miracle kind of product but with long term use, gradually I have come to realized its benefit..
This is a very lightweight serum which is easily absorbs, for me this serum is perfect for summer use as summer in my place is hot and humid, I found most heavy serum too much for me… I will definitely repurchase as although the improvement is very subtle but it is definitely happening.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this serum. It is lightweight gel type serum that is easily absorbed. I use this every morning after I have cleansed my face, as the light refreshing scent helps to wake me up. It is perfect for summer as it adds extra hydration without feeling heavy and like you have added too many products to your face after you have finished your whole routine.
It is almost similar to The Body Shop Nutriganics Drop Of Youth in texture. Though, I much prefer the Green Tea Seed Serum as it is lighter, spreads easier and is absorbed a lot quicker.
However, I haven't noticed any miracles or great changes to my skin. I just love the scent, refreshing feeling and the fact that it doesn't break me out. And I have pretty oily/sensitive/acne prone skin so that in itself is just super.
I believe it is great for all no matter what skin type you have, for a great wake me up call in the morning.

Popular Treatments (Face)