InnisFree New Green Tea Seed Serum

3.5

Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Alcohol, Propanediol, Diethyoxyethyl Succinate, Dipropylene, Glycol, Glycerin, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Orchid Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, DL-Panthenol, Betaine, Trehalose, Niacinamide, PEG/PGG-17/6 Copolymer, BIS-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, C12-16 Alcohols, Potassium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cellulose Gum, Palmitic Acid, Hydogenated Lecithin, Octyldodeceth-16, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

I just got a sample from an innisfree shop and tried it couple of days. Will not purchase it again. Although it is a hyrdrating serum, worked different for me. I have very dry skin, and the serum made it just more though then before. Not any hydration observed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have moderately oily skin that is slightly acne prone. I applied this serum all over my face for about a week and I broke out in little red bumps. Not suitable for me.

I've seen different kind of review on Internet, and there's one lady who works at Korea did suggest people who wanna try this out to use it right after shower with hot water, apply the serum, and slightly use cold water to close the pore. I tried and it is better than what I expected. Do apply toner right after you apply the serum. Price is ok.

This is the product that Innisfree put on their spotlight corner, it's one of their classic signature skincare product. It comes in a brownish little box that's made of recycled green tea (I really like how they always use Eco-friendly packaging) , the serum comes in a little green bottle that you can pump the product out. The serum is light honey transparent color that's pretty much like green tea(since it's made of green tea) , I use this right after I washed my face(it's a first/fundamental serum),Korean skincare tend to have numerous step that lure you to spend tons of money to make you believe that if you buy all the products in the line you can achieve the flawless skin that Korean pop star seems to have.well, that's off the topic.... I can feel that my skin is hydrated before I continue to finish my skincare routine in my room. I felt quite happy how it hydrate my skin without any sticky and greasy feeling. However, my skin does start to dry if I did not finish my other skincare on right after. I do not recommend this since it doesn't really does what it says on the advertisements, to keep it short, a normal light serum or a moisturizing toner will do just fine.

To get an idea what they recommend you to use the line of products----------First serum>toner>essence >lotion>facial oil>eye cream>face cream>sleeping pack
And other stuff they will tell you great to use together----cleansing oil>facial cleanser >mask
:-0 :-0 :-0

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great essence/serum for hydration!!! Not very expensive.

This product is great in terms of packaging, but does not deliver in terms of controlling sebum output. I continued to have two or three pimples a month, which is business as usual. I don't recommend this as anything other than an extra step in moisturising.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I actually just tried a small sample of this serum in conjunction to using it with the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum, and these two products work wonders together! Well, seeing they're in the same skincare line, I guess it's pretty obvious to assume that they should complement each other when used together.

I mainly used this as a no-frills hydrating serum, and it works best as well if you apply the serum while your face is still a little bit damp. DON'T completely dry your face off with a towel; just lightly pat your face with a towel just to lift up the excess water and apply the serum with a damp-ish face. This boosts up the hydration power of the serum. I know a lot of people don't like this feeling on their face, but I actually love the slightly bouncy and sticky feeling I get from this serum upon application because I actually feel like my skin actually does feel moisturised this way! It disappears after a minute anyway so it doesn't bother me so much.

I still need to repurchase this product but I just haven't gone around to it because it's just so hard to access as someone living outside Asia, and it's pretty pricey as well. But I'm the type of person to purchase skincare stuff even if it's pricey and hard to access, I just need to stop procrastinating from purchasing the serum. I have no complaints about this serum whatsoever, and I plan to keep using it!

All in all, this is a great serum to try if you're just starting to get into Korean skincare, trying serums and all that. It's a very simple serum that does pretty much what it says it does (hydrated and calms your skin). I also think this serum would be great for any and every skin types too, so if you're looking for a simple serum for sensitive skin, whether it's dry or oily, I would kindly direct you to this serum straight away!

If ur getting a serum just for kicks, get this. But dont expect any results. Hydration, maybe. But even then its not a stellar product. If ur getting a serum, IMO get a kick-ass one that actually does things like fade spots, hyperpigmentation, hydrate beyond the normal levels etc. would not recommend to anyone

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, where do I start?

Two months ago my skin was dry and dull, rough to the touch, no matter what hydrating product I used. Luckily for me, Innisfree opened its first store in my country. Upon walking in I was so tempted to purchase EVERYTHING. But I heroically resisted. For me, first purchases for a new brand should be their bestseller products (if not why bother, right?)

I left with the Green Tea Seed Serum (GTSS) special set that day and applied it one morning before I left for work. Followed the directions on the box: GTSS - GT Balancing Skin - GT Balancing Lotion - my sunscreen. To my horror, as the day passed my skin felt worse- dry, extra rough (you could see it!!), oily. I wanted to cry.

I went back to my usual products for a week which helped my skin recover (read: less rough, smoother to the touch) but the dullness was still there. Determined to make the GTSS work for me, I applied it by my rules - most liquidy to thickest texture product. Toner - GTSS - Moisturiser, and went to bed.

To my relief, I woke up the next morning with softer, smoother, and get this, a GLOW to my skin! The glow was so evident that my mother asked what I was using at the moment. I love love love this. Having combination skin, living in a tropical country, and working in an office makes it tough to find a moisturizing product that balances it throughout the day. Can you imagine: balancing indecisive skin in aircon-humidity-aircon-humidity throughout the day?

It keeps my skin less dull and tired-looking (all those long hours at the office!) but the soft effect has somewhat lessened (or maybe my skin is at it's softest right now so I can't tell the difference anymore). But, lesson learned: know your skin and use the product accordingly. It may be a coincidence, but I have lesser breakouts these days too.

In case you're wondering, I use just one pump each time, day and night. Two months in and I'm halfway through the bottle. It should last me at least 4 months.

Oh yes, I will repurchase! Did I mention my mother is also a big fan?

HOLYGRAIL!!!! Love how my skin feels so smooth and hydrated after application. This serum is also very lightweight and does not have a sticky feeling after applying. :)