August 1, 2014 | 1072 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Escale aux Marquises

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:37:00 AM More reviews by auxin2

Love it! The opening is very similar to Escale a Portofino, which I adore for the freshness. Then the tiare note and other sweet soft floral notes come out beautifully.
It also reminds me of Guerlain precious heart (an LE), but better because of the clean top notes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

I also agree that Portofino was very citrusy, Marquise is a softer,more feminine scent, and overall a very pleasant scent with a bit of an exotic edge
I also like Pondichery, which is more mysterious and exotic in a way
Those aren't cheap though, and quite overpriced, but a nice creation by Dior!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite from the 3 Les Escales fragrances <3
I love the polynesian tiare flower note in this fragrance and the subtle citrus note in it too. Its a perfect flowery fragrance for summer! It smells tropical too in a good way, not in a fruity sugar candy fragrance way. Its refreshing and clean with a flowery essence to it. I'm really liking this fragrance and wish it wasnt limited edition. Will have to use sparingly. LOVE it...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

I think I'm the only one that gets a subtle vanilla vibe through the citrus and before the beautifully exquisite floral notes, maybe my sense of smell is weird!!! This manages to give a warm exotic scent, while still being light, fresh and very wearable. I adore the scent after two bottles I'll still keep going back to it.
For over a year this has been my favourite go to scent. It's a shame the bottle is so dissapointing to look at, having said that it feels lovely to hold and is very practical - so no sharp edges, difficulty geting the lid off or having to hold it with two hands in order to spray it on yourself (and we all have one of thos completely impractical perfume bottles). Thinking about it it's no less classy than most of the Chanel fragrance bottles and really not a very good reason not to purchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went through the entire Heathrow T5 dutyfree perfume shop looking for something new and different, nose first and a toddler in tow (some innocent tester bottles were distroyed in process). Having already tried Pondichery and Portofino (and Hermes En Meditarranee, Sur le Nil, etc) and found them not my cup of tea, I almost overlooked this one. The spicyness somehow reminds me of Omnia but I don't see how as all the notes except cardamom in the two perfumes are supposed to be different. Somehow I smell the spices more than the topnote, tiare flower. Whereas Omnia drydown turned sharp and nasty on me, this goes 180 degrees the other way and into a normal and kinda boring floweriness. The bottle design is a bit too simple for the price. It'd look classier if the lines on the bottle were cut like expensive glassware.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by sumug

I love this scent so much. I can't get enough of it. It's even better than Escale a Portofino, which I love too. Portofino is more cologny, more lemony. Marquises is addictive like Portofino but lacks the cologny lemonyness. The fragrance is delicate, completely feminine, soft, subtle, and perfectly clean. It's gonna smell like Heaven come summertime and bare shoulders. I keep sniffing my wrists. I want to reapply all the time. I'm an Opium woman after sunset but during the day I like to smell subtle and clean. Oh this smells so good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by santokie77

I bought this at Duty Free shop back from Cancun in June so I forgot how much I paid for this product but it wasn't cheap.

I read the other two reviews and I guess I am the only one to dissent. I really love this product!

I am not good at describing perfume notes so I can't add to that. The smell almost disappears on me which is a good thing. I actually wore this today (it was a relatively warm weather here in Ohio) and I was shopping outside with my daughter. Every once in awhile I would smell something and wonder who is wearing this fabulous perfume, and I noticed this happened quite bit throughout the day.
Once I got back to my car I noticed the smell again and realized it was me (it was just me and my 8 year old daughter so obviously she wasn't wearing any perfume). I had sprayed it on myself before going out shopping and because of my stuffed nose (I have a cold) I can only smell it once in awhile.

I would definitely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 7:02:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The bottle is wonderful. The fragrance... on me it had a 10-minute citrus opening (I hate that so much...). Then the citrus smell disappeared and it turned into something almost sweet and almost floral. Not bad for summer, although so forgettable. I was hoping for a discrete elegant tropical note, which wasn't there. It was just a wearable fresh summer scent, quite long-lasting. Unfortunately, the dry down was totally masculine on me, which is not my cup of tea. It was like I have just hugged a man who was wearing some kind of generic cologne. If it wasn't for this last phase, I may had added it to my collection, even for the bottle itself. By the way, I find it extremely expensive for a summer fragrance, even by Dior.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me tell you for a start that I own the previous two frags of the series, and I like them - Portofino is love! - so I expected Escales aux Marquises to be on par.
However, I got quite disappointed by it!
I thought it would have been the "floral" one of the series (being Portofino a Citrus, and Pondichéry Tea based).
At 1st sniff, I get a huge blast of citronella, yes, the bug repellent, and this might *seem* summerish but also it smells synthethic and harsh.
Don't like it! Don't want to smell like but repellent (and even if I would, I can get it cheaper than 70 Euros a bottle!!)
In addition: I cannot smell no blood orange at all - even it is listed in the notes.
In the middle & drydown, Marquises it's a light cologne that smells hugely watermelony (=aquatic) and is so similar to all the mainstream stuff that's around.
I do not get any Tiaré note (that I love).
All you are left with is a sticky candied-like smell on your skin after one hour.
Not 100% unpleasant, mind you, just I was expecting something more "Unique", more refined, more "Dior". Indeed it is very much "mass market".
Bottom Line: not going to buy the FB ....even if I I was planning to finish the Escale series collection!
____________________________